Oklahoma Highway Patrol

i'd have to see a pic of one of em pulling someone over and writing them a ticket
biggrin.gif

(Ride_or_Fish @ Sep. 24 2006,17:45) Awesome ... hopefully this wont catch on with other agencies!
I searched my butt off for ya trying to find the local news video telling about them. Unfortunately, my google skills are at a low tonight. But, yes, they do use them on patrol. The video shows a few stops they do while riding them.

Nice pics Capt.

yea what gat0r said... they had video of them pulling cars over with them on Super Bikes about a month ago.

I find it strange that they have throttelmeisters and that "throttle rocker" on the same bike. I wonder if they dont know that the bar end is actually a manual cruise control...

it's only going to take one high speed accident for that program to come to a screetching halt. Sad that it will happen, but the odds are too high.

kinda poorly put together as well....looking at the riser install.

OHP ....take some pride in your ride!

One thing that is nice to see if there are wearing some protective gear now atleast. Full helmet and a armored jacket. Atleast it sends a better picture for young bikers.
super.gif

This one illustrates the problem.......see the little box that says "Stalker" on it?
eek2.gif

OHP_Radar.JPG

You guys need to remember that this is NEW program that is very limited on funds...... The program is being scrutinized from every perspective and you know what they are getting from the harley and kawi folks..... A lot of people just dont like change, this is a huge step and while you and I see it as the right thing to do I'm sure there are many more that think its a waste of time and they should stick to the original cruiser style bikes... IF you had someone looking over your shoulder all the time waiting for you to make a mistake you would make changes very carefully too...... Remember this is the first for ANY LEO department in the nation... A lot of folks are looking at this program...

CAp

I believe the sliders are on all the time, I could be mistaken......

Great pics CaP! Does any one know who makes the nifty sliders? Great idea! Any comments on the Zero shield? I want one! I Won't be doing any Hi speed runs thru that state anymore
rock.gif

busa-thunder-vallery-9-24-06221_edited.JPG

(captain @ Sep. 24 2006,20:53) From the way I understand it the first idea to use the Busas was to mend a relationship with the sportbike community. Somewhere in there somone realized the bikes were extremely versatile and work well for traffic and now they are looking at adding to the fleet. Apparently there has been quite a stir in the LEO community and OHP has been contacted from MANY departments for more information on performance and how Oklahoma rolled the program out. Since I am in Oklahoma I plan on spotlighting this movement and helping the state out in putting info on the net about the program......

Look for more.....

CAp
Great idea cap. I think they all the recgnition and positive publicity they can get.

Get them to join the .org to.
cool.gif

Back