State trooper problems---need help!!!!

Or this one:whistle:

img_9480.jpg

thanks for all the info you guys have supplied,, i have been in contact with the CBA/ABATE and the AMA
and they said to get an attorney if i wanted and to fight it because the only thing any where is about the 2 10ths rigid protrusions\.... to some this seems petty but to me as someone who enjoys free expression this is a big deal to me, and if this stuff keeps going on pretty soon well be ridin the same scooter limited at 50ccs and were neon yellow gear from head to toe:rofl::rofl:
i will be at the bash sat and will update people there also !!!!!
thanks guys once again for all the help and support:beerchug::beerchug:

Last edited:
They can sell them but with a disclaimer on it. Just pay the fine and go on with life....Geeez its $100 its not worth the BS of court and if you piss that cop off guess what hes looking for next time you pass him. If he catches you speeding he'll just haul your ass in for wreckless driving and inpound your ride...Stop being a girl and get over it.

Sorry dude, I couldn't disagree more. Fighting this type of abuse helps all of us out in the long run. Sounds like a clear case of a cop with a personal grudge against sport bikers and he feels that a badge and a gun gives him a right to exercise his police power.

What someone said about the trooper getting a report in his file about this situation WILL work, he doesn't have to get fired to receive a wake up call!

here is some more info that may be help full

http://www.cba-abatenc.org/Chap Resource Docs/HCDP-Flyer -DOC SKI.pdf

DOT FMVSS 218 is not a federal law, nor is it a construction standard. Compliance
cannot be determined by visually inspecting a helmet. FMVSS 218 is an engineering
performance standard. Manufacturers’ certify their helmets meet the standard, not the
DOT. Results of manufacturer certified helmet testing conducted by NHTSA between
1980 and 1994 reveal that 68% of the helmets tested failed.

According to the Supreme Court of the United States: “It is a basic principle of due
process that an enactment is void for vagueness if its prohibitions are not clearly
defined. Vague laws offend several important values. First, because we assume that
man is free to steer between lawful and unlawful conduct, we insist that laws give the
person of ordinary intelligence a reasonable opportunity to know what is prohibited, so
that he may act accordingly. Vague laws may trap the innocent by not providing fair
warning. Second, if arbitrary and discriminatory enforcement is to be prevented, laws
must provide explicit standards for those who apply them. A vague law impermissibly
delegates basic policy matters to policemen, judges, and juries for resolution on an ad
hoc and subjective basis, with the attendant dangers of arbitrary and discriminatory
application.â€￾ Grayned, v City of Rockford (1971)
Therefore, in order for a law to be constitutional, an average person of reasonable
intelligence must be able to answer the following question: “What is Federal Motor
Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) 218, and how can I ensure that I comply with it?â€￾
Having reviewed FMVSS 218 criterion and procedures, we find that:
1. FMVSS 218 is not a consumer law;
2. FMVSS 218 is a manufacturing standard understood only by engineers and
the industry;
3. The average person of reasonable intelligence cannot possibly ensure
compliance, and;
4. Law enforcement officers are not capable of roadside testing of safety helmets
to ensure compliance.
CBA/ABATE of NC suggests mandating compliance with FMVSS 218 standards
requires citizens to comply with a law which is constitutionally vague, unenforceable, and
violates the principles of due process guaranteed all citizens by the Constitutions of the
United States and North Carolina.

Print that and practice reading that. Since it references Grayned vs City of Rockford (1971), look that up too. I agree to dispute it, go to court prepared, show the utmost respect for the Judge and LEO, and you will likely beat it. Good luck and let us know the outcome.

buy another mohawk, leave it in the package...and if you win, give it to the officer as a peace offering with no hard feelings:whistle:
good luck on this one

That has to be the stupidest citation I have ever heard of... If it were me, I would fight it as well, especially with all the great info the org has given on this matter....

D

Busastalker05, what ever became of the dreaded "Legion of Doom" mohawks on the helmet citation? Busa minds want to know. ???

they wouldn't sell them if they were aginst the law!!! thats just rediculous!

OH YES THEY WOULD !!! How many of us had an aftermarket full exhaust put on our bike ? Try taking that thing through inspection. I was told by the dealership to hold on to my stock cans, and pair valves, so I could put them back on before I had it inspected.....after I paid $300.00 to have it put on.

court isnt for a few weeks now, cant get a ahold of any lawyers si ill prolly defend myself but i have enuff evidence to get it thrown out prolly even before court starts i willl keep everyone up dated :beerchug:

You SHOULD be getting a ticket from the fashion police and another one from the squid police.

:laugh:

But fight it in court. It isn't illegal and you shouldn't have gotten a ticket for it.

The only way you'll get ahead in a suit against the officer is if you can prove that he writes a LOT of such tickets AND that he's been warned about it before. Good luck with acquiring that kind of evidence.

Call an attorney for a free consult.

--Wag--

there are a few Legion of Doom clubs in NJ.

You're best best is just to pay the fine and forget about it. Decide for yourself if the mohawks are worth the risk of another ticket in the future.

Can you prove that the glue you used to mount the mohawks to your helmet can not cause any degradation to the helmet? Do you have the scientific studies to prove it?

I got a ticket for having my NJ Tansit parking pass hanging from my rear view mirror once. The ticket was for an obstruction of view. The pass was designed to hang by the rearview mirror and only extneded about 1" below the mirror. I sent my check and signed the ticket no contest and was done with it.

In the end your just going to waste your time and money.

no no no there not for me they are for my brother serving in afghanistan now the sober one is for me!!!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I don't know if you are aware of this or not but wasn't there a guy nick named "Airborne" that center punched a mini-van in the summer of 2007 going a million miles an hour on 151? I agree that its completely profiling and wrong but I can see where he connected the dots. It doesn't make him right, but its a reason for him to come to the conclusion that he did. Best of luck in court.

Back