SR-i500 Alarm install w/pics and how toos

I agree...this should be pinned.
Ice, I've not alarmed my busa as yet (not seen the need) but thanx for posting this thread.
I may fit one in the future so could you give me more info on this alarm and it's cost?
Thanx.

I agree...this should be pinned.
Ice, I've not alarmed my busa as yet (not seen the need) but thanx for posting this thread.
I may fit one in the future so could you give me more info on this alarm and it's cost?
Thanx.
Here's the link <a href="http://www.scorpioalarms.com/">Scorpio Alarms<a>

Hey Iceman, do you know anything about putting an LED on the bike like you would have on a car alarm. I was thinking about splicing a wire that recieved voltage while the alarm was set. Like the power for the motion sensor or something else to power it.
thanks,
Kenny

I did use the yellow and green wire for the anti-hijack feature and is not working, the alarm go off but the engine won't shut down and I don't have the orange and white wire. where is that wire located?

Great write up ICE. One thing I noticed is that your module is pointed at the side of the bike. I have mine pointed toward the front of my Busa (the manufacture prefers this direction. It makes the tilt sensor more sensitive). I wouldn't worry about it if it does the job. Great pics. I'll have to take a few pics of my install for a few other ideas to add to the thread.

BTW. If you Scorpio has the Anti-hijack feature you may want to look at hooking it up to the fuel pump relay. The starter relay works well to prevent starting, but it won't shut the bike down after it starts. I used the fuel pump trigger relay to disable the fuel pump (the idiots will be there cranking the starter when I beat them senseless).
wink.gif
With the fuel pump shut off the bike will stop very quickly. The Anti-hijack feature is meant to allow the thief to drive the bike for about 20 seconds before it kills the bike and sets off the alarm. Then you call the police and tell them it's the idiot pushing the screaming Hayabusa down that street!
biggrin.gif

I'll try get some pics and wire colours posted this weekend for my install.

Again, great write-up. Please make it sticky!

<!--EDIT|TruWrecks
Reason for Edit: None given...|1106463557 -->

Good One.

I've just ordered one of these and now I can just follow along with the pictures.

Thanks.

Great work, Ice. I just installed mine and with your pics and instructions, it was a piece of cake. I'm a slow b****** plus I took my time. 3 hours for me. BUT, now that I've done it once, if I were to do it again, it would only take 30 minutes. My wiring harness was the same as yours so it was no issue. I mounted it on the left side like you suggested and it left me all of my trunk space. Nice.

The hijack feature isn't working entirely right. Like Elmostro above, the alarm will go off but the engine doesn't shut down. Any hints?

Once again, thanks a million for putting that up there. I think I would have been lost without it.

--Wag--

I dont have any photos currently but all you have to do is cut the main fuse box wire ( solid orange). If you remove the two screw holding the fusebox in place you can remove the fuse box to turn it over to locate and cut the main wire.. Open the fusebox and you will see the ignition fuse,directly behind it on the underside you will notice the single solid orange wire behind it, this is the wire that needs to be cut. To verify you have cutted the correct wire try starting the bike, it shouldnt start, if it does, then you have cutted the wrong wire, Dummy
tounge.gif
. If your test is a success, connect the two kill box wires with the blue tape on the ends from the scorpio alarm to the orange wires and test.  Start the bike, after she has started push and 1 and 2 until the alarm sounds, 20 seconds later it will shut down.  
super.gif

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1120318634 -->

Ice...any info on the air horns? Not currently planning an air shifter...nor NOS...so the horn button still activates the horn...which is pathetic...

I dont have any photos currently but all you have to do is cut the main fuse box wire ( solid orange). If you remove the two screw holding the fusebox in place you can remove the fuse box to turn it over to locate and cut the main wire.. Open the fusebox and you will see the ignition fuse,directly behind it on the underside you will notice the single solid orange wire behind it, this is the wire that needs to be cut. To verify you have cutted the correct wire try starting the bike, it shouldnt start, if it does, then you have cutted the wrong wire, Dummy
tounge.gif
. If your test is a success, connect the two kill box wires with the blue tape on the ends from the scorpio alarm to the orange wires and test.  Start the bike, after she has started push and 1 and 2 until the alarm sounds, 20 seconds later it will shut down.  
super.gif
Sounds scary. I was worried about killing my baby as it is!

Still, I'll take a look at it.

--Wag--

Got mine just now, I'm gonna try the install tomorrow after work, NJ.:)

I installed mine in less then 2 hours after reading this topic.
Thank you guys!
I decided to cut fuel pump wire instead of ignition or starter.
another idea is using few relays and cut everything (Ignition, fuel pump, starter, etc. etc) It is possible to make it sooooooooooo complicated that F####ING bastards will have no choise but pick it up carry it out. Just enought time for me to catch them on my property. I don`t want to kill anybody, just shoot two joints in their bodys. They will never walk again... On other thoughs it could be bad for sosiety...
anyway, I`ll thnk about it
devil.gif

I love this alarm, it`s build soooooo nice. Thank you everybody for making this install easy for me!

Ice...any info on the air horns?  Not currently planning an air shifter...nor NOS...so the horn button still activates the horn...which is pathetic...
Ref the air horns, whacha need.  

HERE IS MY ORIGINAL WRIGHT UP FROM SEVERAL YEARS AGO THAT KEEPS GETTING MOVED FORWARD WHICH IS GOOD I THINK!

I CURRENTLY HAVE 5 MUSICAL AIR HORNS UNDER THE NOSE SECTION SO THERE IS PLENTY OF ROOM!.

<!--EDIT|ICEMANN
Reason for Edit: None given...|1120405165 -->

Back