My Zumo and Camera Install w/pics

Where did you get the plug for the Zuma? I have been looking for something like that.

John, I carry a lot of various plugs, connectors, wires, etc for your bike. It's a brand new portion of the PashnitMoto site - 23+ pages to cover 150+ products from Powerlet. Powerlet has been in the biz for awhile now and is pretty well-known. They make every little connector known to man, plus carry all the RAM mounts that SkyDiver is using.

Start here: Powerlet Products Cables Heated Gear Wires Connecters GPS Radar Mounts | Pashnit Moto

Also, see that mount that the Zumo is on- that's here:
Buy Now: GPS Mounts Gadget Mount Kits Powerlet Products | Pashnit Moto
& there are a zillion variations.

PBK-005_p_78_webl.jpg

PBK-005_p_78_webl.jpg

Pashnit, I like the short cable with powerlet professionally (vs. my ameturish) splice, but I wanted to use same port with my battery tender and didn't want to rewire it. But yes that would make a very nice setup. Rode around the block this evening with the camera mounted; it worked fine. Not to mention much cheaper. If it doesn't work out, now I'll know where to go!

Last edited:
Update: I really didn't like the way I'd jury rigged the camera mount, so I used a spare mount I had with a plain old bolt. Looks much better. Now, if the weather is just good enough this weekend, I'll have a video to post!

IMG_4492_Medium.jpg

IMG_4493_Medium.jpg

I tried mounting a camera to the peg like that. It shook the hell out of it as the RPMs went up. I do have dual exhaust so that might be a factor.

Nice setup. :thumbsup:

I'm hoping that with all the rubber (the mount, along with the two balls) that will help keep the vibration down; if it doesn't, i've got an idea to put a mount on my frame slide (in the first set of pics)...

I'm hoping that with all the rubber (the mount, along with the two balls) that will help keep the vibration down; if it doesn't, i've got an idea to put a mount on my frame slide (in the first set of pics)...

This is a bit of a sidebar to Skydivr's setup, but planning on creating a dual-camera setup with two separate DVR systems powered off the bike this season. First Pashnit Tour is in 63 days so got to get on top of this.

The fun part is at the moto show in Dec, picked up flexible arms, 6" & 12" arms. Two kinds, a lighter one, and a really heavy duty one - 1/2" thick. Kind of thing you'd see mounted in a cop car or contractor truck to support a laptop or something like that. Everything uses RAM mounts with the DVR's mounted in the dash someplace. This will be on a K1200R as there's mounting places all over the place. My riding partner & I bought like $300 worth of just mounts between the two of us. Ought to be fun! :cheerleader:

I have a bunch of Ram Mount balls and arms that I bought while in my former job. I will be watching how this works out. Ram is located in Seattle.....pretty cool stuff.....lots of flexibility.

Btw, if not familiar, this is a DVR...

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

I recognize the K1200S (great bike i almost bought one instead of my busa but the $$ difference was just too big). I lurk the i-bmw board also.

I recognize the K1200S (great bike i almost bought one instead of my busa but the $$ difference was just too big). I lurk the i-bmw board also.

I sponsor that one too. :thumbsup: The K1200R is basically the same exact bike, just no fairings. Makes a good camera bike.

Did a 3-Day 1200 Mile Road Test on the K1200S awhile back. Great bike, but not a Busa. ??? Seriously, it was much more refined, handled like the dickens, but didn't have the raw horsepower. I like it raw. :laugh: :laugh:

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

Last edited:
Concur. Once the K12S would up, they would really scoot and great suspension., but my K8 was scare their pants off coming out of the turn. GO GO GODZILLA!

pashnit, i have a dogcam bullet camera slightly diff from the one you showed, uses 8 AA batteries to power it. i can get a 12v regulator which plugs into a cigar lighter as an alternative. are there any accessory / spare wires on the 08 busa to wire in the cigar lighter. ? :cheerleader::cheerleader:

are there any accessory / spare wires on the 08 busa to wire in the cigar lighter. ? :cheerleader::cheerleader:

Gordon - I carry all of that. However, you have to sit down and figure what exactly you need since there's so many variation when we get into wiring.

Start here: Motorcycle Powerlet Wires & Connectors, SAE, Coax | PashnitMoto.com

There's the Powerlet style plug (aka the BMW style plug) and the classic cigarette style for powering stuff. Note that the BMW style has basically become the industry standard, and the cigarette style is slowing going away.

PAC-012_p_37_webl.jpg

The one pictured here is low-profile 90 degree powerlet plug into a cigarette plug. 90 degree ones are handy if you are wiring a new plug into the fairing, or often the side of the bike. If you are going to wired in a new power socket, use this page:

Motorcycle Power Sockets: Wires & Connectors for Motorcycles, SAE, Coax, BMW Plugs

The busa has a lot of plastic, so if you were wiring in a new power accessory outlet (or a 2nd one), this is a very clean install.

PKT-056_p_441_webl.jpg

PAC-012_p_37_webl.jpg

PKT-056_p_441_webl.jpg

The above is the fancy solution. Here's the hillbilly solution (mine).

Here's what it looked like:

sony-powerpack2-500.jpg

The power supply at right is for the Video Camera, and I bought the car-cigarette lighter adapter kit for the Video Camera I had. You can see the powerlet cig plug that it's plugged into.

I used this one...Clicky

PAC-026_p_47_webl.jpg

...and ran a fused hot wire w/ SAE universal plug (clicky) directly off the battery. Power anything, and all the stuff is in the tail for easy access. Night thing about starting with SAE is you can wire anything into that type plug- widder, BMW, Cig, battery tender, etc.

PKT-001-24_p_348_webl.jpg

I no longer have this setup anymore, the industry has all gone to bullet cams and DVR's vs. Video Cameras, but good info nontheless.

This link also might be some useful info for someone, posted before but this was the install info on the setting my Busa up as a camera platform with a Video Camera & Sportbikecam mount. Clicky for Linky

sony-powerpack2-500.jpg

PAC-026_p_47_webl.jpg

PKT-001-24_p_348_webl.jpg

Back