My Zumo and Camera Install w/pics

well that's what i was thinking of buying. my guess is, because i can't get a close up shot of it., is that it will bayonet into a cigar lighter. it's a 12dc regulator which prevents too much voltage frying the goods.:laugh:
rather bulky, but i see you don't use a reg (?) interesting point of note, voltage across 8AA batteries = (forgot for the moment) somewhere between 8 and 10 volts only.

pasnit, i've ordered the 12 regulator for now and at a later date i'll try wire it in with some tidy waterproof connections. but you didn't answer all my question about suitable connectors on the busa. are there any available do you know? :bowdown:

It was 33 degrees and almost dusk yesterday when it finally cleared off enough to ride. Too cold to trust tires to any sharp turning, but I did get some video off the mount. Now I've just got to figure out how to convert it and post/link it. Have yet to see what I got, but ought to be interesting anyway.

It was 33 degrees and almost dusk yesterday when it finally cleared off enough to ride. Too cold to trust tires to any sharp turning, but I did get some video off the mount. Now I've just got to figure out how to convert it and post/link it. Have yet to see what I got, but ought to be interesting anyway.

Sky, you can use any number of programs (some free, some ~$100, some big $$$) to import raw footage, and convert to short 2-4 min wmv file. Get yourself an account at YouTube (free) and upload the file there. This forum software we're using is highly conducive to making YouTube vids easy to post. See the white YouTube icon above the text box when you post?

http://www.PashnitVideo.com
<-- over the years, they start to accumulate :thumbsup:

Thanks Pashnit. I think I just happen to have a program, but have never used it. I guess I'll have to figure it out.

I finally found my firewire card today; I have some software. Maybe this weekend I can upload my demo.

Ok, here we go. First, a few disclaimers:
1. I've never converted, edited or uploaded a video before. This is just raw footage no attempt to edit or add audio (suggest you turn your sound down). I turned it down to low res so that it would load quicker.
2. It was sunset and about 30 degrees. Therefore, I was taking it VERY easy because I don't know the road and don't want to slide out. Nearly froze my fingers off. Since no attempt to edit, please excuse the boring parts.
3. About halfway thru the video, I hit a bump and it knocks the camera down - but does make it look like i'm about to scrape the camera off.
4. Youtube limits to 10 minutes so I got a Vimeo account.

I've got to work with this a little (when it warms up). I've also built a custom bracket to hang camera off slider (but it's about 10 outside right now so it's going to have to wait til later). Also will see what I can do to get more proficient with video.

Hayabusa Camera Test on Vimeo

Last edited:
Keith, this is a great start, :bowdown: and a bit of success to you as you put together a mount, shot some test vid, and got it converted, uploaded, and so on. Takes a bit of investment of time to do that, good on you!

I can only watch the first 32 seconds of this, but first off, play with the extension. A 3", a 6", 9". RAM even makes a heavy duty flexible stalk that's 1/2 in diameter that's 12" long.

Rear peg mounted, great view on left handers

rearpeg_mounted_1.jpg

Not so great on right handers. Possibly fiddling with different lengths would alter the vantage point.

rearpeg_mounted_2.jpg

rearpeg_mounted_1.jpg

rearpeg_mounted_2.jpg

The camera is nice, i would not want that zumo on my bike thou, too distracting.
Keep your eyes on the road for direction and not on the zumo:whistle:

I know it was boring don't blame you for not looking thru it. Was proof-of-concept. Also have handmade an adapter to put camera on end of slider but it might get in the way.

There were some LH turns where the camera is very close to the ground. I was using the 6 inch RAM extension (to get it far enough outboard). Problem is that a hard bump with that long an extension didn't hold camera level it fell about 3 inches. Appreciate your review and advice.

I know it was boring don't blame you for not looking thru it.

Didn't mean that, at 32 seconds the vid stopped working for me. ???

There were some LH turns where the camera is very close to the ground.

I know what you mean. Be careful with that stuff. I set up my MotoCam, and used a suction mount to put the camera way down low. Around tight left, heard a scraping sound. Doh. Scary, because the mount could act as a fulcrum at speed. :laugh:

Oops. :whistle:
displayimage.php

Here's the corner, I went in wide, cut to center and laid the bike over. Sccrrrappe! :laugh: Have'n a little too much that day. :thumbsup:

displayimage.php

humm...i didn't have any problem playing vid from here...in any case, it's a start I'll have to figure it out when it warms up, and when I can get some other riders along. Shots towards front and those following ought to be interesting. Again, that is one sharp paint scheme on your bike i just love it. Gotta be great to construct your avocation around your passion. Maybe one of these days I could do one of your tours (If I could find a busa out there to use!)

Back