My Zumo and Camera Install w/pics

skydivr

Jumps from perfectly good Airplanes
Donating Member
Getting back to what this board is all about....

I finally got around to setting up my Zumo and trying out an idea for a camera mount. I'm not going to bother with showing pics with the covers around the gauges off, because Busa159 has a great post here https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/new-2008-busa-threads/100602-gen-2-fuse-access-pics.html that made is super simple (reference for later HID install!)

I already had wired a battery tender to the battery. I got the idea that if I routed the battery tender connector to up front, then rewire my GPS, I'd be able to use the same plug for either my Tender or my GPS. So i rerouted my extended battery tender connection up thru the fairing, following the wiring harness, and ziptied it so it would come out by the key (don't know how to interspace pics and text so the pics come last).

Then I cut/shortened the Zumo motorcycle cable, retaining the fuse and ended in another plug (i forget what type plug you call this). I left enough cable so that I could put the zumo in my tankbag still connected if I wanted to.

Used the RAM stem mount kit for a nice clean look. This way, if I want to, I can unplug and remove the entire unit, with only the RAM ball remaining.

I think it turned out fairly nice can't wait to ride and try it out!

Also, after watching so many video's posted here, I thought I'd really like to see if I could hook up my video camera just for the heck of it. I had some RAM parts remaining. Since I've got single side exhaust, I had a rubber cushioned connection where the LH exhaust hanger is. I took out the bolt, and bolted the RAM kit that came with the Zumo to it, hooked up a long arm, used a RAM Camera mount, and viola! It would be right beside the passenger foot; I don't think I'd lean so hard that it would catch (but should look pretty cool when I get close to the ground)! Was thinking of BASH VIDEO :thumbsup:

Oh yeah, and I am converting my iPod files to MP3 to load onto the Zumo. I don't mind the earplug cable at that distance (those Etyomic Research earplugs totally rule!) so I'll have my tunes and Nav!

Now, if it would just stop freakin' raining so I could ride! Whaddya think!

IMG_4475_Medium.jpg

IMG_4477_Medium.jpg

IMG_4478_Medium.jpg

IMG_4479_Medium.jpg

IMG_4480_Medium.jpg

IMG_4482_Medium.jpg

IMG_4483_Medium.jpg

IMG_4489_Medium.jpg

IMG_4487_Medium.jpg

Last edited:
RAM makes some great mounts! Your setup looks good.

Only problem is, video will show how poor my riding skills are - oh well, only way to get better!

Only problem is, video will show how poor my riding skills are - oh well, only way to get better!

Haha, yeah I had the same problem.

I shot some video up in the canyons and got bored watching it back.

Then I used the setup as a helmet cam (goggle clip) snowboarding and realized that I wasn't too good at that either. :laugh:

Oh well.

Looks like a good setup, just don't tip it over on the left :please:

nice set-up. make sure you don't video your leg :laugh:

I had the same thought. If the camera is mounted to the rear peg facing forward) I would think that the bike itself would probably be in the field of view. And if not the bike, the rider's leg and that frame slider could also appear.

But let us know how it works out.

I had the same thought. If the camera is mounted to the rear peg facing forward) I would think that the bike itself would probably be in the field of view. And if not the bike, the rider's leg and that frame slider could also appear.

But let us know how it works out.

I took a look thru the viewfinder because I had the same thought. I'm using about a .5 fisheye lens, the slider isn't really in the way, and I want to see part of my leg to see if I'm leaning/shifting properly. Also used the longer arm to get a little more of an outboard view. I've got another idea for mounting the ball to the exhaust mount gonna try to find the bolt/nut I need at lunch.

i'm really curious too, but I won't get to try anything until the weekend I don't get home until after dark.

P.S. when I spin it backwards I ought to get good video of followers, too :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Back