Zumo mount location with GPR stabalizer

MadLight

Registered
:poke: Hey guys I am trying to get some ideas on how to mount my Zumo. I have an after market stabalizer. The GPR which sits on the stem mount an all the mount hardware that comes with the Zumo 550. :please: (Please don't flame me)I did the search.:rulez: But I need good pics and suggestions. :beerchug:

Get a different Stabilizer :whistle: There are a few mounts out there i've seen that don't use the stem mount but I'm not very fond of them.

:poke: Hey guys I am trying to get some ideas on how to mount my Zumo. I have an after market stabalizer. The GPR which sits on the stem mount an all the mount hardware that comes with the Zumo 550. :please: (Please don't flame me)I did the search.:rulez: But I need good pics and suggestions. :beerchug:

Get with me tonight.
Posted via Mobile Device

I use a stem mount from Ram Mounts. They have several different mounting options to choose from and fit almost everything.

rammount.jpg

ramside.jpg

I used my mount as an example they have several to choose from. here's one that mounts to the clutch or brake mount. One to think about is that it's mounted on a ball so you can move the GPS to the side so it won't affect the windscreen.

RAM-B-174U.jpg

So Cap did you tap an mount a bolt to the insde of your left bar. Do you like that location better than mounting to the brake or clutch reservoir. Also I could not tell how Uncle Steve mounted that ball. ??? :bowdown:

So Cap did you tap an mount a bolt to the insde of your left bar. Do you like that location better than mounting to the brake or clutch reservoir. Also I could not tell how Uncle Steve mounted that ball. ??? :bowdown:

Left side top tree bolt... we both mounted in the same place... It works perfectly... Doesnt hit the screen even when your turning all the way, protected by the screen and you can still see the intrument cluster...

Hold the presses, the link I put to my bike is the old way I had mine.. let me find the new pics...

Last edited:
A lot ideas here and they are really well done. I think I understand how you did it Cap and Uncle Steve. You mounted the ball from underneath the left side top tree bolt. Can you tell me what mount brand and model # ball you used. Unfortunately you can't see the ball and mount config in the cruise post pics. The positioning of the GPS is excellent though. :cheerleader: I'll be back on tomorrow. Thanks for all the replies guys.

Back