Install w/ pics: radar, laser, gauges, alarm

Nice set of mods! Hadn't thought of the paintin' the reflectors.

OK, I also got a Scorpio SR-i500SE alarm installed with factory plug in connector kit. I got the kit with the remote ignition disable, 3-stage perimeter sensor, and back up power system for $330 from kneedraggers.com.

Links:

http://www.kneedraggers.com/pr_details/8/66-SCOR-2

Well, the very first time I put the remote in my pocket the antenna broke off!!! After copious amounts of superglue and sealant the antenna is back on (at an angle) and I don't even know if this will stay. It also seems that the batteries last 2 weeks at most in this thing. It's been a week and a few days and I have almost blown through 1 remote battery (and the bike was sitting for all but 2 of those days!).

Well the alarm is plenty loud, the perimeter sensor is F'n awesome (although I don't set it if I know there is going to be people around because it would go off all the time... therefore I only set it in my shed or if it is someplace where people should not be...)

The Tilt sensor works too, as this is what alerted me that my bike fell over in the trailer. Not only did my brand new painted windscreen with the fiberglass box attached to it break...but I got a gash in the hump and tail (oh well, I wanted to replace them next year anyway). ...I'm still crying about the windscreen though!

Pics:

<!--EDIT|jay21112
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150078568 -->

Scorpio_SR_i500SE_alarm_and_connector_kit.JPG

Nice set of mods!  Hadn't thought of the paintin' the reflectors.
There is more coming..keep patient and check back in a few...

I have many more ideas that not many people have thought of....just little money to pull them off with. Throughout the years you'll see some pretty interesting stuff from my bike. Promise.

OK finally. The gauges.

I got the speedhut.com 220mph reverse jet black el-glo custom gauge faces with red rickshaw font and red shift line. Custom red shogun emblem on speedo, red hayabusa kanji on tach, red courage kanji on gas gauge, red strength kanji on temp gauge and updraded inverter for $150

I also had my gauges sent out to bluegauges.com for red clock and odometer LCD's, Bright red needles, Red turn signals, red high beam, and red neutral indicators for $80.

Finally since I got the 220 mph gauges I got the speedohealer v3.0EXT with Suzuki plug-n-go kit for $109 from calsportbikes.com.

Links:

http://www.bluegauges.com/motorcycle/hayabusa.htm

www.calsportbike.com

Now the inverter was velcroed to the dash panel. However next year I will mount it flush in the dash panel next to the windscreen with just the adjuster sticking out.

The speedohealer was installed in the trunk and was calibrated using a -24.7 calibration. (+7.5 Factory speedo error, Half tire wear, 180-220mph speedo face plate) The calculator is here:

The top speed recall button was just stuck out of the gauge face. However I do not like it here, so next year I will flush mount this into the side panel near the windscreen (next to where I want to mount the inverter).

Now the bad news.....Whoever hooked up all the electronics must have hooked them all to one hot wire...which has either grounded or shorted, or something. My radar detector, laser jammer, and gauges are all not working. They were when I picked them up and for a day afterwards...but not no more. I cannot afford any more down time this year, so I'll ride as is and curse the gods....but next year I want to hood up a relay to the PMR bar switch and hook in my gauges, radar detector, laser jammer, and low beam to the switches (lights to one, radar and laser to the other).  

On to the pics...sorry I don't have any of the gauges lit up but believe me I am more pissed about it than you...

<!--EDIT|jay21112
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150079195 -->

Speedhut_reverse.JPG

Sorry man, didn't mean to step on a nerve... man sucks that you scoot would fall over in the trailer - strapped down incorrectly? Just looking at the setup, I figured it would be a difficult removal (I guess that was the point - to prevent someone getting it out) You must have made good friends with your painter!

Sorry man, didn't mean to step on a nerve... man sucks that you scoot would fall over in the trailer - strapped down incorrectly?  Just looking at the setup, I figured it would be a difficult removal (I guess that was the point - to prevent someone getting it out)  You must have made good friends with your painter!
Don't worry, I'm cool with it. I've had a string of bad luck lately and it all culminated with this. Oh well, I can still ride it, it will get fixed next year, its only money right (...cry...cry...sniffle)  :o)

But yup, that was the point, put it on there in such a way that no one could remove it short of breaking the bike apart. Now I have to test out how good it was put on there and...break the bike apart.  :o)  <--- I keep smiling so I won't cry thinking about it.

Oh yeah, strapped down pretty good, but no wheel chock....

<!--EDIT|jay21112
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150079152 -->

Speedohealer mounted

(also notice the rear blinder laser jammer here, with the control module. Wait till you see how I hook this up next year!)

<!--EDIT|jay21112
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150079543 -->

Speedohealer_V3EXT.jpg

Busa looks good!

Not to be a friggin' killjoy, but I'd be a bit paranoid of a MA trooper spotting that jammer!
rock.gif

Finally, a pic of the bike as it is now.

Enjoy.

I hopefull will be heading up to my sister's house in vermont for the week tomorrow morning with hopes of stopping by laconia for a few days this week coming.

I may or may not have internet access. If I do, I'll answer, if not, I'll check back next weekend.

Current plans for next year:
-Shoei helmet with custom paint job
-Fix the windscreen, remount radar box
-PMR PM-50 stealth barswitch to make everything work again
-Top speed recall and inverter flush mounted in dash fairing
-Sato racing rearset
-Cut mufflers ala Thrasherfox style
-Remove passenger foot peg hangers
-Pair mod
-Powercommander III
-Stock smoothie tail
-UFO tailight intergrator kit
-Flush mount Rear blinder laser jammer
-Carbon fiber hump with glove box and custom sticker
-Tiger tail undertail
-

04_LE_04.jpg

Busa looks good!

Not to be a friggin' killjoy, but I'd be a bit paranoid of a MA trooper spotting that jammer!
rock.gif
Why?

You do know they are perfectly legal...right?

Oh and I already said, after everything that has gone wrong with the install on this bike, no one on this site could possibly be a kill-joy, step on any nerves....do anything to me that would make me mad because I am now Zen...perfect and serene...... :o) <----smiles again.

<!--EDIT|jay21112
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150080129 -->

Back