sr-i500 alarm install

Haywood

Registered
I have just installed my alarm but the connectors on the wiring harness do not match the rear turn signal indicator connectors on my '02. Anyone else have this problem? Do I need to splice into the turn signal lamp wires? Am I missing something here?

you have to splice into them using the blue connector. good luck. oh and let me know how the kill swith install goes. If you have pics to share that would be great.

Thanks mesmeralda... I called Greg today and he told me about the splicing in.. My connectors were reddish, not blue, but whatever.. Those connectors turn into a female connection when closed, which I didn't pick up on initially. So, besides the kill switch my installation is complete. I could not believe how simple it was to install.. I was really impressed, and told Greg that. When I looked at all the stuff in the box I was a little taken aback, frankly. Then when I started it just kind of all fell in place. The most difficult thing for me was trying to figure out the best placement of the unit and how to run the wires without losing too much trunk space (my PC3R sits on top of my ECU and the two wouldn't fit side by side so in the trunk it went).

I don't remember who got that great deal for everyone. Any chance of getting it back for tax return season.

thanks

ps. great job getting the discount in the first time.

pss. sorry about the two posts, i dont know how to delete one of them

<!--EDIT|bailey
Reason for Edit: None given...|1082085309 -->

I don't remember who got that great deal for everyone. Any chance of getting it back for tax return season.

thanks

ps. great job getting the discount in the first time.

Hey no problem...let me know how the kill switch install goes....I might do it this weekend. there is another thread around here that shows an install

i'm still sitting on the fence about the ignition cutout install... if it malfunctions it would be really bad, particularly if it happens in a corner. i like the idea, but not the consequences of a malfunction. i still have to find the wire to tap into as well.. Greg said it's near the battery but i haven't looked too hard yet. if you find it, i'd appreciate a photo showing me where it is... thanks mesmeralda.

Back