Install w/ pics: radar, laser, gauges, alarm

Sorry about the incident, but the bike is looking good. I need to come up with a list of things that I want to get done next year.

Busa looks good!

Not to be a friggin' killjoy, but I'd be a bit paranoid of a MA trooper spotting that jammer!
rock.gif
Why?

You do know they are perfectly legal...right?
Yep... laser jammers are legal, radar jammers are illegal. But, I wouldn't wanna be the one to try and convince a MA tropper about his knowledge on the subject. If he estimates your speed from the shoulder or paces you then the outcome would be the same.

BTW... sorry to hear about the fall! That sucks!!

<!--EDIT|BigGeorge
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150080455 -->

Just got back from Laconia. The damned radar, laser, and gauges never came on again. But the headlight worked. I gotta get that windscreen fixed and find that short.

I must say though, that HID low beam with painted reflectors looks pretty neat. Everytime I pulled behind someone where I could see the reflection I thought it looked cool.

Didn't ride at night though, so I don't know how the light output is yet.

Sorry stuff still wasn't working. I need to make my list too. I had posted my dream sheet awile back... I think I need an update.

Update

HID's
OK so i finally rode at night.
The light output isn't stellar, but it does the trick and is probably as good as stock. The "cutoff" area for th low beam is actually the outline of the headlight housing. It reminds me of the bat signal because (on a huge scale) the light shines in the form of the housing. The high beam has an awesome cutoff that I can see in the middle of the low beam output.

What I regret is getting the 6K instead of the 5K. With my visor down (which is tinted black....I never switch to clear at night) the light output is greatly reduced and the blue hue shows up more. If I put my shield up, the lightoutput is pretty good and the bluehue is just barely noticable.

SO: if you get HID's and paint your reflectors go with the 5K output to get the best brightest usable light (especially if you have a tinted visor).

Radar and laser
As for the radar and laser detector I took it back to the shop and it turns out the installer wrapped the relay switch too tight. His wrap was so tight it pulled the wires out of contact. Once he unrolled the electrical tape, everything came on. He reconnected everything and was more careful wrapping the tape. On the way home from the installer the HARD unit stopped working. This pissed me off to no end, but when I got home I changed the batteries....and it worked again. (Seems I left it on the on position.) The damned thing takes 2 batteries which are $4 a pop at radio shack! I wasted $8 in freakin batteries....without even getting use out of them!

SO: If you have the HARD system ALWAYS make sure it is off when you put your helmet away. Those batteries are too f'n expensive to waste!!!

Top speed recall
Turns out that even velcroed to my tail section, the box bounces around so much that the connection comes lose. We pushed down the connector and it worked. So I put a zip tie around the connector and the box and then velcroed it in the trunk. Seems someone borrowed my bike and got it to 130 when I was up in laconia. hehe. Somone had borrowed it before and got it to 175 prior to putting the speedohealer on....have to see if it can ever say that again. Of course I won't be the one doing it, ya hear me LEOs, it wasn't me..... :o)

Gauges
Well the tech found out that the inverter was getting juice, but it wasn't putting any juice out to my gauges. The box is filled with a glue or tar so he couldn't look inside to see what was wrong. I emailed speedhut on Sunday. Today I received an email back saying that it sounds like the inverter is bad and they will send me another one. Awesome customer service! I'll let ya know when it comes in and I install it. Oh, and I'll take pics of the gauges lit up too!

Nice write up, now about that bike falling over thing..... May I suggest you run out and purchase either a Baxter or Condor sport chock for that trailer! You days of tipping over will be over........

nice stuff
if u send ur remote to Scorpio
Arizona I believe, they'll replace it
possibly free of charge

1 day I thought I put it in my pocket as I'm goin out the garage. It falls on the ground, I run over it w/ my back tire. Cracked the screen, still worked. But I called em up, got it back in like 2 weeks. Like brand new, no charge.

can't wait to see the next mods!!

<!--EDIT|ksana
Reason for Edit: None given...|1152660768 -->

nice stuff
if u send ur remote to Scorpio
Arizona I believe, they'll replace it
possibly free of charge

1 day I thought I put it in my pocket as I'm goin out the garage. It falls on the ground, I run over it w/ my back tire. Cracked the screen, still worked. But I called em up, got it back in like 2 weeks. Like brand new, no charge.

can't wait to see the next mods!!
Interesting. Good to know!

I saw a post around here the other day saying that scorpio now has a new style remote with supposedly a longer range. Maybe I'll see if I can switch out for that one.

As of right now I got my hands on some plastic epoxy and put a ring of that around the crack. Looks like crap, but it's solid as a rock now! (And I don't really care how it looks.)

KS- I actually think my uncle does have a chock for his trailer. Before I invest in a chock I gotta get myself a trailer. As is right now, I've just decided to never trailer again! (Until I buy my own trailer in like 2015).

Nice go'n with gadgets dude but please dont install another red item on the bike. Too much of anything isnt cool.
cool.gif

Nice go'n with gadgets dude but please dont install another red item on the bike. Too much of anything isnt cool.  
cool.gif
Joking right?

What color do you want? Yellow, purple, maybe brown?

Shall I join the rainbow coalition as well?

(Just playing around here, BTW)

Seriously though, I'm trying to slowly transform the bike into a REAL color scheme. As in RED and BLACK. No more silver, no more gold. All plastics will be red, all frame will be black.

Simple and matching.

Back