SR-i500 alarm system

ks-waterbug

Group Buy Guy
Donating Member
Registered
This alarm system has been featured in a couple of reputable motorcycle magazines recently. I'm currently trying to work out a group buy on the purchase of one for "your" Hayabusa.... If you think you might be interested post here expressing your desire to join in this effort.
Scorpioalarms

I've been interested in an alarm. I looked it over, but I do want to know, does the pager-key chain, let you know of any tampering at the time or is it just and on and off switch? Also, what would be the price for a group purchase?

Looks interesting. Does in go off when someone sits on your bike?  
67stang_ani2.gif

This alarm system has been featured in a couple of reputable motorcycle magazines recently. I'm currently trying to work out a group buy on the purchase of one for "your" Hayabusa.... If you think you might be interested post here expressing your desire to join in this effort.
Scorpioalarms
Thanks for setting up a group buy KS. I spoke to Greg a few days ago when I ordered mine. Heres my post.. There might be a few people in this post interested.

I may be interested, depends on pricing, exchange rates and worst of all work contracts
blush.gif

<!--EDIT|ohzone
Reason for Edit: "Spelling"|1076298012 -->

Scorpioalarms
Hey waterbug, I would be interested also. I currently have a Gorilla alarm and it works fine, but now that my bike is modded up the way it is, it definitely turns heads and I'm sure thoughts run through the lil' thugs mind. Just let us know and I'm in like Flynn...

Brian

I've been interested in an alarm. I looked it over, but I do want to know, does the pager-key chain, let you know of any tampering at the time or is it just and on and off switch? Also, what would be the price for a group purchase?
Well thanks to Gerard, I've sent Greg an e-mail discusing all the details. As soon as I hear back from him I'll post what I'm hearing..... As far as your question goes I believe the unit pages you as soon as the alarm is triggered! Plus, you can even up-grade the alarm to incorporate a perimeter defense. I.E. an invisible zone around the bike (3 progressive stages).... More to come.

KS,I spoke to Greg today. He told me to let everyone know to mention Hayabusa.org for the discount, and that he would offer a free connection kit and power back up option off for the SR-i 500.   BTW Aritronix's # is 1800-428-0440

<!--EDIT|grabntwist
Reason for Edit: "offer changed."|1076367582 -->

Get back to us on the package deal, and I'd really know better if I'm ready to purchase one. We all know spring is on the way, so we'll make it much easier for those dang thieves to attempt to get us. I just had a friend to get his Grand stolen. Thanks for the lookout.

BECAUSE IM AN IDIOT, Im SPEAKING FOR MY SELF HERE, ANYONE ELSE CAN JUMP ON IF THEY DARE...

BUT FOR THE UNIT, & free connection kit what would I be looking at cost wise? round off will do?. What is considered the option... the "fits to your stock harness adapter?".

Thanks, IM in.

While I was at work Greg left me a message saying that he would offer a free connection kit and the free power back up option to the board members. The power back up option is built into the circuitry of the unit. Basically its a capacitor that stores power in the event that a theif would disconnect your battery or the alarm it would still transmit a signal that someone was tampering with your bike.

ICEMANN ---- The Scorpio SRi-500 lists for $299.00 that comes with a free connection kit and power back up option, if you mention that you're a Hayabusa.org member. The only other options are a perimeter sensor and ignition kill. There $25 and $35 bucks for them. I included both in my system and it cost me $370. shipped.

<!--EDIT|grabntwist
Reason for Edit: "spelling"|1076368200 -->

now that aint aww that bad. Where you gonna mount the "sireen". I wonder if a relay is used can the out put be connected to my air horns. Hmmm. I see some jerryriggin commin up.

Thanks.

Everthing is integrated. Only the perimeter sensor and ignition disable are add-ons that are plugged into the unit.

I am going to call Greg tommorrow and get mine coming. Hopefully get it this week. i will let you all know and take pics of the install.

Back