FINALLY POSTING  SR-i500 alarm install

ICEMANN

Registered
Well here goes.  Finally got the pics together for the install write up.  There are many options but I tried for the best for me.  You will have to remove the tail section.  Used included "Y" connector for hayabusa to connect main harness from alarm to bike wiring w/factory style connectors.  VERY VERY EASY part.  That supplies nearly all power.

Location of unit/devices:  I decided to locate the main unit on the left side of the tail section in front of the voltage rectifier for several reasons.  Right side of bike is usually closest to curb so left side is more opt to be heard.  Right side has many uses such as compressors, air shifter bottles, left has none.  Left side is right at opening in tail section so it's even louder.  Relay for starter interrupt is on left side.  Pos of battery is on left side.

1st pic is of main unit mounted.  Supplied velcro and zip ties used for piece of mind.  Used wire loom on all wires to keep vibration cuts down.  Looks better.

post-11-84630-brain_mount_2.jpg

2nd pic is of the proximity sensor mounted.  I mounted it again with supplied velcro.  Mounted on top of battery at 45 degree angle to radiate the microwaves outward better.  Strongest point is at front of module.  Turned sensitivity up a tad to account for seat being in place.  Not wire loom and routing of wires.  (shock sensor and tilt sensor is built into unit).

post-11-84794-shock_sensor.jpg

3rd pic is of starter relay.  The starter relay is mounted on the left side of the bike with a white plastic cover.  The cover is keeping the "FUSE" from getting wet.  The relay will come off the mount by "PULLING" it off the rubber mounts.  Then remove the plug seperating the relay from the harness.  Next remove the single bolt to remove the brass colored mount for more room.

(NOTES:  MY WIRE LOOM WAS DIFFERENT. NEXT STEP YOU WANT TO USE THE ORANGE AND WHITE IGNITION WIRE).

Peel back the stock wire loom wrapped tape to get more access to the wires.  Note the YELLOW wire w/GREEN TRACE is the wire running from the on/off switch THRU the clutch to the starter relay.  Probably one of the BEST places to intrrupt the starter.  Plus the easiest.

Leave some wire closer to the harness.  Cut the yellow w/green wire.  Take one of the two wires from the "STARTER INTRRUPT MODULE" w/blue tape on it and connect it to one of the yellow w/green using supplied crimp connector.  Connect the other blue marked wire from the module to the other yellow w/green.  Retape everything back up.  Mount module with supplied velcro.

AGAIN THIS IS FORWARD OF THE RECTIFIER ALMOST BESIDE BATTERY ON LEFT SIDE.  CANT MISS IT.

post-11-85150-starter_wires.jpg

This is a photo of the starter intrrupt module mounted.  It is mounted on the left side of the trunk plastic between the subframe and the trunk.  Almost right above the relay and voltage rectifier.

post-11-85248-starter_interrupt.jpg

This photo shows routing of the wires in a wire loom along the left side of the battery.  This provides a nice place for the alarm fuse to rest under the seat next to the battery.

post-11-85453-routing_of_wires.jpg

The last photo is "ALL DONE".   Plastic cover back in place not covering siren on alarm.  This allows it to blast right out the left side handle hole in the tail section.

Alarm works great.  Wired it into the air horns as well as the tail/brake lights.  Son of a gun makes a ruckuss.

Even tested by shorting out the turn signal bulb socket to by pass or disable the alam.  Didnt work.  Alarm proximity sensor on battery prevents you from getting close enuff to do it.

post-11-85638-all_done.jpg

This is a photo with the mesh wire installed note the siren actually is blasting right out the mesh beside the plastic cover that gives the black out look.

Thanks hope it helps someone.

JD

post-11-85845-mesh.jpg

<!--EDIT|ICEMANN
Reason for Edit: None given...|1128021341 -->

I posted a link as well as w/KS waterbug. The Scorpio SR-i500 Alarm w/all options, sensors included and factory included harnesses was $279 I think. I'll find the link and post it. Greg gives a discount to board members. The remote is also a receiver good for 3/4 or 1/2 mile. Also cant remember. Has tilt, shock, proximity, and ignition kill. Flashes lights, beeps horn, has siren etc. It dispatches type of alarm trigger, and everthing to the remote so you know it's going off. VIbrates as well.

Ill look and repost it.

JD

Very nice, Ice! Like the setup. Might have to get one of these to replace the alarm that I have! For your fairing screens did you use a mold/pattern or just form fit them?

That is cool I pretty much mounted mine in the same place. The main unit is in the same place as well as the proxcimity sensor but I put the kill box on top of the ecu and, also I moved the yellow box to the same spot you have yours. I could not fit everything in my trunk. I am going to get it running one of these days!

Thanks for posting this info......... ICEMANN. Forget Radio-Shack, you are the answer guy!
smile.gif

Very nice, Ice!  Like the setup.  Might have to get one of these to replace the alarm that I have!  For your fairing screens did you use a mold/pattern or just form fit them?
Hey BigBS, all you need to do is form and shape them with your fingers. I did mine like that also. Just cut the screen slightly larger than the hole you're mounting it in and shape. I used an automotive adhesive called "GOOP" that you can purchase from most auto parts store. It comes in a reddish colored tube. Great stuff and holds up real well. Screens really makes the bike look schweet. The screens especially look good on the silver/gray once it's all chromed out.

Brian

Ice you are the man
bowdown.gif
you are always coming up with awesome ideas and places to put things. Keep up the good work.
super.gif

Very nice, Ice!  Like the setup.  Might have to get one of these to replace the alarm that I have!  For your fairing screens did you use a mold/pattern or just form fit them?
Hey BigBS, all you need to do is form and shape them with your fingers.  I did mine like that also.  Just cut the screen slightly larger than the hole you're mounting it in and shape.  I used an automotive adhesive called "GOOP" that you can purchase from most auto parts store.  It comes in a reddish colored tube.  Great stuff and holds up real well.  Screens really makes the bike look schweet.  The screens especially look good on the silver/gray once it's all chromed out.

Brian
Thanks, BA! I was just a little concerned about how to form the shape of the screens. I think I have the ones done for the left side and trying to finish up the ones for the right. Guess we will see how it turns out!
cool.gif

I never thought of moving my alarm module on the side facing the opening. Mine is under the seat where the sound is muffled. It has a backup battery in case the power is cut, so removing the tail to replace the battery would be a pain.

I just reinstalled the tail yesterday to wire some LED lights. Time to take it off again.
sad.gif

The Alarm instructions state the unit works best while horizontal if using the AS SHIPPED settings. Minor adjustments and the unit worked fine w/verticle. Saves on trunk space.

As before here are some options to do with the alarm wires.

""On the scorpio alarm there are two grey output wires. THese normally goto the turn signal wires to blink them in an alternating fashion. One grey wire goes hot blinking the left side then it goes off and the other grey wire goes hot blinking the right side. back n forth.

Now,

You can connect ONE grey wire to a 12v relay. This will keep the power drain off the alarm. Then connect the output from the relay to either both turn signals so all four blink at one time, or connect it to the brake light wire to blink the brake light, or both. As long as you come off the relay it doesnt matter. Just what ever you do check for back feed meaning if you hook to both brake and turn signals make sure when your riding and you hit your turn signal you dont have a flashing brake light. FYI.

NOW,

Take the other grey wire and put a relay on it. Take the output of the relay to the air horn power wire. This will put the "PULSE" on the power of the horn thus honking the horn. GOT to have a relay or you blow the output of the alarm. To much current pull from the horns. ""

The Alarm instructions state the unit works best while horizontal if using the AS SHIPPED settings.  Minor adjustments and the unit worked fine w/verticle.  Saves on trunk space.

As before here are some options to do with the alarm wires.

""On the scorpio alarm there are two grey output wires. THese normally goto the turn signal wires to blink them in an alternating fashion. One grey wire goes hot blinking the left side then it goes off and the other grey wire goes hot blinking the right side. back n forth.

Now,

You can connect ONE grey wire to a 12v relay. This will keep the power drain off the alarm. Then connect the output from the relay to either both turn signals so all four blink at one time, or connect it to the brake light wire to blink the brake light, or both. As long as you come off the relay it doesnt matter. Just what ever you do check for back feed meaning if you hook to both brake and turn signals make sure when your riding and you hit your turn signal you dont have a flashing brake light. FYI.

NOW,

Take the other grey wire and put a relay on it. Take the output of the relay to the air horn power wire. This will put the "PULSE" on the power of the horn thus honking the horn. GOT to have a relay or you blow the output of the alarm. To much current pull from the horns. ""
Hey Ice, what changes did you have to make to the alarm for the sideways mount?
rock.gif

I'm in the process of mounting mine and really like the sideways approach, though they say not to do it, have you found any issues with it? more/less sensitive, etc
rock.gif

Thanks in advance

rock.gif

Thanks so much Iceman for the detailed directions! I will do the installation today and take some pix of my install-experence. Ever since i put the huge 300 tire on 'er i got way too much attention and felt like it was just a matter of time before someone wanted to borrow the bike without permission! LOL

Back