Scorpio sr-i500 install

shadowlink

Registered
Hi everyone. I bought a Scorpio SR-i500 alarm with the factory connector for my 2002 Busa but I can't seem to get it installed. Maybe I'm missing something. The factory connector plugs into teh taillights but leaves a green connector that is supposed to be plugged into the alarm. The plugs for the taillights don't match my bike. Maybe I was sent the wrong factory kit. Does anyone have a picture of the factory kit for the Hayabusa? Or pictures of the alarm already installed. Some detailed instructions on which wire to connect where would be very helpful. As you probably guessed, I'm not that mechanically or electrically inclined. Thanks!

Hey Shadow... I also have an 02 and am thinking about getting that alarm system. Where did you get yours? Also, let me know how it goes to install it. Sorry you're having a problem right now... but I don't know enough (yet) to help. Good luck!
rock.gif
cool.gif

You very well may have been sent the wrong factory harness. It happened to me, but I called them and they sent me the correct one via overnight delivery. Here are a couple pics I took tonite of the cables. The first one is of the green connector that connects to the alarm.

IMG_0602.JPG

This pic is of the taillight connector. Hard to see because it tucks under the seat rail.

IMG_0603.JPG

Last one shows the combination of the taillight connector and the connection to the cable from the alarm. Let me know if you need others.

IMG_0604.JPG

Thanks BigBSBusa! I think they did send me the wrong connector. By the way, where did you hook up the two grey wires coming out of the green plug? Do they plug directly into the taillights or did you just leave them unplugged?

Thanks BigBSBusa! I think they did send me the wrong connector. By the way, where did you hook up the two grey wires coming out of the green plug? Do they plug directly into the taillights or did you just leave them unplugged?
The grey wires connect to the rear turn signals and it all has to be connected because it's a closed system.

Back