Some light at the end of the tunnel

Another 2 weeks and we will go back to level 3, able to move around again!
I reckon everyone will all take to the roads as soon as the lockdown is eased up, it will be congested on the roads with day troopers galore.... can’t wait lol.

Not sure how much earlier one could have expected a bureaucratic reaction?
She left the borders open too long, tourists were still coming in just before stage 4 lockdown came into force, they were told to “self isolate”.... yeah, right.
Most of them just got into camper vans and started their trip around the country ignoring isolation rules.
Our borders were shut 10 days later, and now it’s only Kiwis returning home and they must go into “managed isolation” (quarantine) for 14 days, usually in a motel unit being watched
24/7.
Hey, at least it appears to be working.

Our main roads in and out of towns and cities now have police checkpoints to stop the Easter weekend travel to and from holiday homes and the campers and house buses .
They get turned around and if they resist, they get arrested.
The Northland Maori community have the road blocked off with a checkpoint, turning away all tourists and only allowing locals in and out of the area, even taking temperatures using infra red thermometers.
A lot of kiwis are still ignoring lockdown rules.
Some of my mates, one in particular is such a rebel he goes cruising around in his car visiting people everyday, “I’m not gonna be told what I can and can’t do by the govt!!”.
Just self entitled and short sighted.
I just shake my head.

Back