Things ain't lookin' good for the U.S re Covid19

Those figures you quoted were for the entire year . . we are only 4 months into this virus pandemic, we will see what the numbers are at the end of the year and then make a comparison . . you may find it's a lot more deaths etc than influenza.
Actually the scientist took that into effect, 4 months compared to 4 months. The media has got people reacting in a panicked manner rather than an informed manner.

Like I mentioned before, a vaccine will be the only way to defeat this virus. As kids we all got vaccines to ward off other diseases/viruses so this is no different.

Those figures you quoted were for the entire year . . we are only 4 months into this virus pandemic, we will see what the numbers are at the end of the year and then make a comparison . . you may find it's a lot more deaths etc than influenza.
There will be more deaths from this virus then the flu, it has a higher morbidity rate. However the number of people that it will kill is still relatively insignificant on a global scale. The vast majority of people who contract the virus will survive.

I'll go back to the numbers I brought up last week. Globally last year 29 million + people died from hunger. That's over 24,000 per day, every day of 2019. Hunger is completely preventable. No isolation, vaccination, or bailout money needed. Where was all the panic and fear-mongering about that?
This is exactly right. So many other ways people have died dwarf this dumb virus but it's what the media decides to run in the front page. The words they choose to use are also very interesting.

When the front page of cnn or fox etc...
Start in huge ass lettering HOARDING
PANDEMIC
People then get it in their heads the world is ending. The power of the media is clearly on display and we should be very aware they ALL have an agenda. TO MAKE MONEY.
Think about that before believing the stupid headlines

This is exactly right. So many other ways people have died dwarf this dumb virus but it's what the media decides to run in the front page. The words they choose to use are also very interesting.

When the front page of cnn or fox etc...
Start in huge ass lettering HOARDING
PANDEMIC
People then get it in their heads the world is ending. The power of the media is clearly on display and we should be very aware they ALL have an agenda. TO MAKE MONEY.
Think about that before believing the stupid headlines
Agreed 100%

If this thing doesn’t turn out to be substantially worse or even equal to the flu there will be a lot of back peddling. The media has been absolutely wreck less, dishonest and irresponsible with their coverage. Their breathless reporting on infected/death totals and global consequences will not age well.

If this thing doesn’t turn out to be substantially worse or even equal to the flu there will be a lot of back peddling. The media has been absolutely wreck less, dishonest and irresponsible with their coverage. Their breathless reporting on infected/death totals and global consequences will not age well.
There has been far too much relentless coverage of this virus, it has dominated all other things...I know there are other things happening in the world only can't get any coverage of them...

Can anyone tell me how many people in NY died last year from the Flu?

5e2b711ce34a8.image.jpg

Can anyone tell me how many people in NY died last year from the Flu?
Only reliable data I could find is national. 17-18 was about 61k, 28-19 was about 34k
You can probably estimate NYC based on population density, but I couldn't find anything definitive.

It seems like about half the population in this city is still working. Essential businesses add up. I see too many customers in for not very essential problems...extra keys, floor mats etc. I hope my small sample is skewed and most people are taking this seriously.
i totally agree man i work for plumbing essentials here in Los Angeles california funny thing is with so many people staying home our sales have trippled at our locations and people just majority buying stuff thats not needed like changing the color of your bathroom instlling a new look for bathroom accessories building a new bathroom etc etc majority stuff that is not crutially needed.

The Navy hospital ship floated into Los Angeles today and will only take those infected to segregate them from the non infected populace. I’ll bet it gets filled very quickly.

The news today said the USS Mercy hospital ship with up to a 1,000 bed capability will only take non Covid patients from area hospitals. I coulda swore they said the opposite yesterday.

Man, the food prices have shot up since this lockdown kicked in....
I mean, food prices in NZ have always been outlandish but they are now ridiculous!

View attachment 1615788

View attachment 1615789
Wow Greg . that can of soup here is 89 cents in generic no name or a $1.50 in Campbell soup brand . I'll need to look up the exchange rate .

Just looked up exchange rate . Ours is .60 cents to your dollar

Back