Things ain't lookin' good for the U.S re Covid19

Kiwi Rider

Registered
Just heard on the news the US cases have overtaken all other leading Covid19 countries with the number of infections . . .
Not good, you guys will see major restrictions and possible martial law in force soon . .
what do y'all think? Or am I just being alarmist?
You think the GFC was bad, think again .
This situation will decimate the world's economy.

1585264213931.png

The media has done quite a bit of damage in the minute to minute reporting of this creating panic...

A scientist was on TV saying the media needs to back off and slow down...if they reported on the regular flu season with this vigor, nobody would leave their houses and a global shut down would happen every flu season as there are tens to hundreds of thousands of deaths each flu season and we have vaccines for those.

OK, so here's my situation, I'm in Day 2 of a minimum 28 day lockdown enforced by Police and Military Nationwide here in NZ
All I have is the internet and news agencies to find out what the hell is going on in different countries regarding the measures the Governments are putting in place to stem the tide of this infectious virus.
I have just read all about the US restrictions on freedom of movement being imposed on US citizens and residents.
So that is the info the news media outlets are releasing . . . then there is social media reports on the situation.
This forum is the ONLY social media platform I am involved with, so it's you guys that I trust and know well enough now that can give me inside information meaning, your point of view on it all.
Is Texas not in lock down @c10?

They don’t all look like police but still, doesn’t anyone fight back? Can’t they run (ride) away? I can’t imagine standing there for someone striking me with a cane over and over. Backwards azz country!
….no argument from me there...

Incorrect models , poor news agency's.
I'm working, and so is a fair portion of industries here . Restaurants, and offices are the big shutdowns including schools.

OK, so here's my situation, I'm in Day 2 of a minimum 28 day lockdown enforced by Police and Military Nationwide here in NZ
All I have is the internet and news agencies to find out what the hell is going on in different countries regarding the measures the Governments are putting in place to stem the tide of this infectious virus.
I have just read all about the US restrictions on freedom of movement being imposed on US citizens and residents.
So that is the info the news media outlets are releasing . . . then there is social media reports on the situation.
This forum is the ONLY social media platform I am involved with, so it's you guys that I trust and know well enough now that can give me inside information meaning, your point of view on it all.
Is Texas not in lock down @c10?

Just heard on the news the US cases have overtaken all other leading Covid19 countries with the number of infections . . .
Not good, you guys will see major restrictions and possible martial law in force soon . .
what do y'all think? Or am I just being alarmist?
You think the GFC was bad, think again .
This situation will decimate the world's economy.
The news channels like the attention, so they’ll make everything much bigger than it is. Not trying to say this is not a serious situation, but is not as ugly,............ yet. I’ll give you a visual of some things we are seeing in Florida. The spring breakers were doing their thing at the beaches and when officials were confronted with questions by the citizens on why were the beaches not completely shutdown, the answer was: “well, because hotel owners asked us not to shut them down, since that’s their livelihood”. After much pressure from locals, they agreed to close them, but only after spring break was over, so 6 college students have tested positive after the partying was over and who knows how many more are walking around with it.

- drive thru testing locations- I was extremely sick and got really worried, so I decided to try one of the new “drive-thru” locations thinking it would be faster than trying to get my doctor to see me. Pulled up to the “screening tent” and the nice lady pulls out a check sheet and proceeds to question me.................. soar throat- check, fever-check, runny nose- check, been around someone with the virus- not that I know, traveled in the last two weeks- NOPE. Then she goes: “ok hun, you don’t qualify for the test, so go home and keep taking Thera-flu”. I was shocked and asked her if she felt that it was the right method to decide who to test, to which she replied: “well hun, we don’t have enough test kits, so we’ve been instructed to only test people that check all the symptoms boxes AND the “travel” box”. I shook my head, left and called my doctors office. Luckily, I tested negative and now recovering from whatever I had.

-getting groceries- hard to find bread, no TP to be found anywhere ( I don’t need any right now) around me, places like Costco warehouses letting customers into the stores in groups of 25. Even pancake batter shelves are empty and doesn’t look like suppliers are delivering, because the same shelves at the store are staying empty for days.

-jobs- girlfriend waiting on her equipment to be delivered to start working from home and my job is considered essential, so they are getting ready to screw up my schedule and have me work 7 on and 7 off with a skeleton crew just to keep production going, which means I won’t have much support for when $hit hits the fan and something goes wrong at the plant.
- New York situation- I have a lot of relatives up there and have created a group text to keep in touch with them. They already have some friends hospitalized with the virus, but luckily non of my relatives have gotten sick. They are staying home and worried about their finances and when they’ll be able to return to work.

there You have it Greg, some info on what this Floridian is seeing.......

That Mr,is yer first mistake.
Rubb.

The news channels like the attention, so they’ll make everything much bigger than it is. Not trying to say this is not a serious situation, but is not as ugly,............ yet. I’ll give you a visual of some things we are seeing in Florida. The spring breakers were doing their thing at the beaches and when officials were confronted with questions by the citizens on why were the beaches not completely shutdown, the answer was: “well, because hotel owners asked us not to shut them down, since that’s their livelihood”. After much pressure from locals, they agreed to close them, but only after spring break was over, so 6 college students have tested positive after the partying was over and who knows how many more are walking around with it.

- drive thru testing locations- I was extremely sick and got really worried, so I decided to try one of the new “drive-thru” locations thinking it would be faster than trying to get my doctor to see me. Pulled up to the “screening tent” and the nice lady pulls out a check sheet and proceeds to question me.................. soar throat- check, fever-check, runny nose- check, been around someone with the virus- not that I know, traveled in the last two weeks- NOPE. Then she goes: “ok hun, you don’t qualify for the test, so go home and keep taking Thera-flu”. I was shocked and asked her if she felt that it was the right method to decide who to test, to which she replied: “well hun, we don’t have enough test kits, so we’ve been instructed to only test people that check all the symptoms boxes AND the “travel” box”. I shook my head, left and called my doctors office. Luckily, I tested negative and now recovering from whatever I had.

-getting groceries- hard to find bread, no TP to be found anywhere ( I don’t need any right now) around me, places like Costco warehouses letting customers into the stores in groups of 25. Even pancake batter shelves are empty and doesn’t look like suppliers are delivering, because the same shelves at the store are staying empty for days.

-jobs- girlfriend waiting on her equipment to be delivered to start working from home and my job is considered essential, so they are getting ready to screw up my schedule and have me work 7 on and 7 off with a skeleton crew just to keep production going, which means I won’t have much support for when $hit hits the fan and something goes wrong at the plant.
- New York situation- I have a lot of relatives up there and have created a group text to keep in touch with them. They already have some friends hospitalized with the virus, but luckily non of my relatives have gotten sick. They are staying home and worried about their finances and when they’ll be able to return to work.

there You have it Greg, some info on what this Floridian is seeing.......
Thanks Miguel, yeah it's crazy times ahead and I really don't want to be that guy that gives dire predictions, but all my instincts and intuition which is based on the suspicion I have with the World Leaders (front men) tell me there's a plan in place and it will not benefit you and I, the ordinary guy on the street trying to get by and have a reasonable sort of a life.
Put it this way . . . I'm concerned with what is in store for all of us.

Back