Counter productive, Dr. Fauci?

WuzzaCBXRider

Donating Member
Registered
White House blocks Dr. Anthony Fauci from testifying before Congress next week, calls it 'counter-productive'

The White House has blocked Dr. Anthony Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases and a member of the government's coronavirus task force, from testifying before House lawmakers next week, according to a Democratic spokesman for the House Appropriations Committee.

White House spokesman Judd Deere said in a statement to ABC News it would be "counter-productive" to the administration's COVID-19 response for Fauci and other top officials to appear before lawmakers to discuss the government's actions in relation to the pandemic.

"While the Trump Administration continues its whole-of-government response to COVID-19, including safely opening up America again and expediting vaccine development, it is counter-productive to have the very individuals involved in those efforts appearing at Congressional hearings. We are committed to working with Congress to offer testimony at the appropriate time," he said.

The White House's efforts to block Fauci's testimony were first reported by The Washington Post.

While the House is not in session next week, the House Committee on Appropriations has a subcommittee that supervises the Department of Health and Human Services that will meet Wednesday morning for a hearing scheduled on the coronavirus response.

"The Appropriations Committee sought Dr. Anthony Fauci as a witness at next week’s Labor-HHS-Education Subcommittee hearing on COVID-19 response," Evan Hollander, the panel's spokesman, told ABC News. "We have been informed by an administration official that the White House has blocked Dr. Fauci from testifying."

The panel is responsible for crafting spending legislation, and has played a key role in the coronavirus response efforts on Capitol Hill.

House Appropriations Committee Chair Nita Lowey, D-N.Y., and Rep. Rosa DeLauro, D-Conn., the chair of the subcommittee that requested Fauci's testimony, said the American people and Congress "deserve a clear-eyed view of the path forward for responding to the COVID-19 pandemic."

"The people of this country deserve a federal government that is up-to-date, modernized, and prepared to protect lives," the two representatives wrote.

Former Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Director Dr. Tom Frieden will testify before the panel next Wednesday.

Fauci and other top health officials appeared before the House Oversight Committee for a coronavirus response hearing on March 11 and 12, when the United States had roughly 1,000 reported coronavirus cases. That number has ballooned to over 1 million cases and at least 64,000 deaths as of May 1.

Counter productive? How many (months) has it taken for Covid to kill as many US soldiers that were lost in all those years? And they were armed and being shot at in a war zone! The same amount of unarmed innocents have died in a matter of months and Dr. Fauci’s comments are counter productive? That’s right boys, the man in charge is doing a fine job, just fine dot dot dot dot!

#AnthonyFauci ~ #BradPitt ~ #SNL ~ #THEoRg *

Last edited:
is this going solve anything besides wasting time and money ? the u.s. government has totally failed to protect the united states citizens in every way.

First I will state I have nothing but respect for Dr. Fauci. and his knowledge. However I do not think that any doctor that sits on the board of the very drug he is pushing for acceptance should be asked his opinion of how to treat a disease that he has a vested commercial interest in. Doesn't mean I have less respect for Fauci. I just don't think he can have unbiased inputs.

We can Monday morning quarterback all we want. We were prepared for natural disasters. Til Katrina. Then we got better. Til Maria. We thought we had a handle on terrorism. Til 9/11. We thought we had a good healthcare system. Until Aids. We made a lot of mistakes in that one also. Then we thought we were ready. Til Covid. Cyber crimes. Trade Wars. Etc Etc Etc. Doc. How do we prevent deaths from drunk driving. The simplest answer is also the safest way to be a doctor. Outlaw alcohol. Or driving. Obviously our society wouldn't tolerate those answers. But medically speaking they gave us the best answer to the question.

If I get 16 doctors in the room to ask how do we prepare for everything. We will get 16 plans. If we implement a "plan" for every eventual known circumstance, then we will be criticized for spending trillions on something when it never happens again.

This has become the latest political football. Trump wants to be re-elected from it. Biden wants to try and sink him with it. What could go wrong in hearings?

Trump has screwed up in many ways. So has New York. What president or governor was prepared for this 2 years ago? 8 years ago? 12 years ago? All we can do is try and find the balance between dying from diesease or dying from the poverty it causes.

I don't follow MSM (main stream media) anymore. It's all owned by the same few companies and they all push the same narrative, doesn't matter if you're watching CNN, FNC, MSNBC. But, if you care, do your own research on Fauci, his history, his past, his past work on HIV and funding, his ties. He is not who you see and who you think he is...it's not easy to find, but it's there.

MSM is taking down everything that isn't "their narrative" so fast, we should be worried about that, but many don't realize it or don't care, but we should be, free speech is still a thing, or so I thought, but I've never seen such a push to hide details as I am right now, during this particular "outbreak", and why is that? Everyone should wonder, don't care which side of the aisle you're on, what you can view is being censored and controlled, and that's super scary in America.

I don't follow MSM (main stream media) anymore. It's all owned by the same few companies and they all push the same narrative, doesn't matter if you're watching CNN, FNC, MSNBC. But, if you care, do your own research on Fauci, his history, his past, his past work on HIV and funding, his ties. He is not who you see and who you think he is...it's not easy to find, but it's there.

MSM is taking down everything that isn't "their narrative" so fast, we should be worried about that, but many don't realize it or don't care, but we should be, free speech is still a thing, or so I thought, but I've never seen such a push to hide details as I am right now, during this particular "outbreak", and why is that? Everyone should wonder, don't care which side of the aisle you're on, what you can view is being censored and controlled, and that's super scary in America.
The media pushing a narrative that reflects their own view above everything else is nothing new. It's how things have always been done since the invention of the printing press. The ability to evaluate the argument being made by people touting that view is what matters. With that skill, underlying interest is easier to identify.
What should scare people is the push against critical thinking...
Stupid people are easier to control

In re: “He is not who you see and who you think he is...it's not easy to find, but it's there.” Woulda been nice to provide a link to even one thing that backs up such a claim.

In re: “He is not who you see and who you think he is...it's not easy to find, but it's there.” Woulda been nice to provide a link to even one thing that backs up such a claim.

I've been researching and digging for months. This isn't something that you learn all about in a single link or video. Gotta dig through a lot of crazy, and there's a ton of that out there, but there is good info being suppressed that everyone should have access to, no matter what your viewpoint. I'm watching videos disappear right in front of me, I go to share, it's gone, someone sends me one, it's gone. They're being taken down, like this one: YouTube removes ‘Plandemic’ video with coronavirus claims by Dr. Judy Mikovits

Just found it here, not sure how long that'll last: W0K3

There are so many others out there, and like I said, some touch in to the crazy realm, but some have got to make you stop and think.

Another note - since when does a member of Congress send letters to the CEOs of Google, YouTube and Twitter urging them to censor content?

Let me also add, that while Schiff clearly spells out the reason for "censorship" as "harmful medical misinformation" and these companies are clearly doing that, they do not truly care about the health and safety of anyone. It's part of an agenda, that's all. Here's how I know this to be true - in recent weeks in my random journey of all social media platforms, and rabbit holes I find because, as I've said, there's a lot out there once you start digging, I've found child trafficking sites - do you think reporting them matters? I assure you, these big companies don't care. Report the site, they respond back, and others making the same reports, with "we didn't find anything that violates our terms of service" and the content remains. I'm talking about child p0rn, photos of children in compromising positions, comments on photos that are clearly people "shopping" for children, on Facebook and Facebook refuses to take them down. Glad their focus is on removing a video of a doctor telling us "Hey, the longer you shelter in place in your sterilized bubble, the worse your immunity is going to be..." or "Fauci's sketchy work in the 90s with his HIV study to get funding". Something is very very wrong here.

We routinely go to the Internet to research alternative cancer treatments, Alzheimer's, Lyme's Disease, some holistic, others are scientific-backed research, doesn't matter, it's unfiltered and left to individuals to decide. But now, during this virus we cannot view ANY alternative viewpoints or anything considered controversial as deemed so by a governing body, and I'd love to know who is on that panel and why the censorship now? I can't even post this on my own social media pages because it's slapped with a warning, but it's OK for platform users to participate in child trafficking sites. Unbelievable to me, and being on this lock down as has been both a blessing and a curse for me. I've opened my eyes to so much and now I hate it.

Free speech is actively being attacked, we have droves of organizations and individuals that are trying to get info out based on their experiences, doctors, nurses, front line workers, what they're seeing, discovering, have found and it's being actively removed from every platform just as quickly as they share it.

I don't care what side you're on, our entire country has been brought down by fear and someone doesn't want us to know anything other than what we're supposed to know.

And, before I get the slew of "I know so-and-so that died from this, that's why we need misinformation controlled" - I have lost one aunt to the virus and my grandmother has it right now, so the virus is real, our response is not. I truly feel this is an orchestrated event with numerous casualties, and people like Fauci and Gates, others have a lot to gain if we all stay inside, get sick, stay sick, need vaccines...we're all data points after all, always have been, right?

I'd rather think for myself and be wrong than just take what's being spoon fed by a select few that don't give a crap about any one of us...

I've been researching and digging for months. This isn't something that you learn all about in a single link or video. Gotta dig through a lot of crazy, and there's a ton of that out there, but there is good info being suppressed that everyone should have access to, no matter what your viewpoint. I'm watching videos disappear right in front of me, I go to share, it's gone, someone sends me one, it's gone. They're being taken down, like this one: YouTube removes ‘Plandemic’ video with coronavirus claims by Dr. Judy Mikovits

Just found it here, not sure how long that'll last: W0K3

There are so many others out there, and like I said, some touch in to the crazy realm, but some have got to make you stop and think.

Another note - since when does a member of Congress send letters to the CEOs of Google, YouTube and Twitter urging them to censor content?

Let me also add, that while Schiff clearly spells out the reason for "censorship" as "harmful medical misinformation" and these companies are clearly doing that, they do not truly care about the health and safety of anyone. It's part of an agenda, that's all. Here's how I know this to be true - in recent weeks in my random journey of all social media platforms, and rabbit holes I find because, as I've said, there's a lot out there once you start digging, I've found child trafficking sites - do you think reporting them matters? I assure you, these big companies don't care. Report the site, they respond back, and others making the same reports, with "we didn't find anything that violates our terms of service" and the content remains. I'm talking about child p0rn, photos of children in compromising positions, comments on photos that are clearly people "shopping" for children, on Facebook and Facebook refuses to take them down. Glad their focus is on removing a video of a doctor telling us "Hey, the longer you shelter in place in your sterilized bubble, the worse your immunity is going to be..." or "Fauci's sketchy work in the 90s with his HIV study to get funding". Something is very very wrong here.

We routinely go to the Internet to research alternative cancer treatments, Alzheimer's, Lyme's Disease, some holistic, others are scientific-backed research, doesn't matter, it's unfiltered and left to individuals to decide. But now, during this virus we cannot view ANY alternative viewpoints or anything considered controversial as deemed so by a governing body, and I'd love to know who is on that panel and why the censorship now? I can't even post this on my own social media pages because it's slapped with a warning, but it's OK for platform users to participate in child trafficking sites. Unbelievable to me, and being on this lock down as has been both a blessing and a curse for me. I've opened my eyes to so much and now I hate it.

Free speech is actively being attacked, we have droves of organizations and individuals that are trying to get info out based on their experiences, doctors, nurses, front line workers, what they're seeing, discovering, have found and it's being actively removed from every platform just as quickly as they share it.

I don't care what side you're on, our entire country has been brought down by fear and someone doesn't want us to know anything other than what we're supposed to know.

And, before I get the slew of "I know so-and-so that died from this, that's why we need misinformation controlled" - I have lost one aunt to the virus and my grandmother has it right now, so the virus is real, our response is not. I truly feel this is an orchestrated event with numerous casualties, and people like Fauci and Gates, others have a lot to gain if we all stay inside, get sick, stay sick, need vaccines...we're all data points after all, always have been, right?

I'd rather think for myself and be wrong than just take what's being spoon fed by a select few that don't give a crap about any one of us...

So not all social media is evil ya know... I haven't taken anything offline, Facebook is just like any other private company that can and will do whatever they want...

You have some interesting points M, and there's validity there for most of it. We're in agreement on much of what you said.

So not all social media is evil ya know... I haven't taken anything offline, Facebook is just like any other private company that can and will do whatever they want...

And that is true Cap, no doubt...just find the timing odd, that they are censoring NOW and like they never have before, as is Google, heavily...

Yet the child trafficking is OK...things that just make you really REALLY wonder...at the end of the day, it's getting VERY hard to do any fact finding anymore, anywhere. It's sad...

Back