So it starts

Wow. Glad to see the ECU is controlling the boost and fueling so well.

Rich

BTW. I may be contacting you about adding rods to my order. I can't decide if I should upgrade them or not.

Wow Greg, that is awesome. If I ever go GEN II I will definetly be doing this. This is a great set up for turbo street bikes.

Congratulations Greg - thats GREAT!! You just made a Stage One into a Stage One and Half! I want to see some rods and pistons in that puppy, so we can see how high those stock injectors will really go . . .:poke:

POWERHOUSE will very shortly be doing a custom RCC rail for the 08-09 with 65# injectors on top . . . rods, pistons, valve springs, studs, are all part of the build. We WILL be using ECU editor boost referencing, and can't wait to see over 400 rear wheel without a Microtech!:laugh:

Stay tuned . . .:whistle:

Congratulations Greg - thats GREAT!! You just made a Stage One into a Stage One and Half! I want to see some rods and pistons in that puppy, so we can see how high those stock injectors will really go . . .:poke:

POWERHOUSE will very shortly be doing a custom RCC rail for the 08-09 with 65# injectors on top . . . rods, pistons, valve springs, studs, are all part of the build. We WILL be using ECU editor boost referencing, and can't wait to see over 400 rear wheel without a Microtech!:laugh:

Stay tuned . . .:whistle:

That's just awesome. Anyone looking to go turbo should definitely do this for GEN II's. Bye bye FMU.

holy ****. guess i'll build a turbo second gen. that's incredible. fantastic job man.

my wife put you up to this? LOL

I'm thinking so. ;)

Inspiring build! Roughly how much $ invested in parts?

Well Greg said in previous posts

RCC Stage 1 with full exhaust option
Stainless Valves
New Springs
.80 base spacer
I think he used studs.
I'd say adjustable cam gears(don't know if Greg used them or not)
Headgasket, base gaskets.

Then he'd have fluids, sparkpugs, fuel.

About $4400 retail on the kit, $540 (going by memory) for the full exhaust option.

He did go with a GM 3bar sensor and a 1:1 regulator. So the removal of the FMU saves a little coin.

Remaining parts I'd guess $1000 on the low side and $1500 if you pay full retail.

I'd say PM him and he can give you a price sitting on your doorstep. :cheerleader:

turbo kit prices i think you are correct

retail prices on other parts are roughly
$350 ferrara valves (though you could use stock gen 1's for cheaper used)
$115 65# Springs
$56 .080 base spacer
$70 head gasket
$40 lower end gasket kit
$144 APE Promod studs / nuts
$144 ish ape cam sprockets (only 1 is really needed, you could sell the extra)
That stuff above is a little over $900 plus shipping

not 100% sure on 3 bar pricing with 1:1 vs fmu, its probably fairly close to equal, but worth its weight in gold :)

not 100% sure on 3 bar pricing with 1:1 vs fmu, its probably fairly close to equal, but worth its weight in gold :)
;

I recently just ordered these parts (from Greg) and the RCC turbo kit stage one kit and swapped the FMU for the 1:1 regulator. This saved about 145 over regular price of the kit. After I buy the 3 bar and harness it will be a wash.

I can't wait to get everything and start the install.

Rich

crazy thread resurrection, looking like the 08 blue turbo will have a new home this weekend. Its been a fun bike, just not using it much these days, spent maybe 2-3 hours between this bike and the yellow 00 turbo this year.

Going to buy a used boat that the whole family (all 3 of our crazy kids LOL) can use and spend time together.

Sad day Greg but you've got to do what's best for the family. Thank you for all the help and support on ECU editor and everything else over the years... :beerchug:

Well it doesn't end here, my grandpa from Florida is going to buy the bike tomorrow or Wednesday from TNBUSA. Go Turbo Grandpa! Waiting to see if he keeps his 2011 busa that he put a TON of miles on in a little over a year (I think like 16K or so).

Greg

We need to chat....I have an 08 i am thinking on turboing....Interested in the job?

I live on base, so when you have it delivered to my house I'll need a tracking number. Gotta let the gate guards know that its a delivery for me.

Back