BikeMaster- Busa K8 Turbo Project-Build

BikeMasterBahrain

Registered
This is my first Turbo build which im doing myself, i would like to THANK FRANK FROM POWERHOUSE for all his continued support! All parts and accessories and advice was taken from him

IMG_5231.jpg

IMG_5249.jpg

IMG_5257.jpg

IMG_5234.jpg

PARTS LIST
*RCC Ecu editor Turbo kit
*Wossner Piston kit 81mm Turbo pistons
*APE Studs
*APE Clutch springs
*APE Valve Springs
*Ferrea Stainless Steel Inlet and exhaust valves
*Genmar riser
*CR9E NGK plugs
*Shintz Clutch slave
*APE High volume oil pump gear
*Cosmetic cylinder head gasket + Base gasket
*OEM Bearings/Main bearings
*Valve seals OEM
*Valve Retainer OEM (coz mine was cracked)

Work is still going on..should be ready next week

019.jpg

Valve job finished
020.jpg

021.jpg

018.jpg

The clearence on the shims has now gone upto 35 from the oem 18, therefore i have ordered new shims..

I am trying to keep the oem oil cooler and will see if i can relocate it
also i would like to keep the O2 sensor and will to look into that..
To be contiuned.... :laugh:

Looks familiar and welcome to the TURBO lifestyle... :laugh:

I wouldn't bother with the oil cooler.

How many PSI do you plan to run and what's the main purpose for your bike?

Looks good... :beerchug:

Looks familiar and welcome to the TURBO lifestyle... :laugh:

I wouldn't bother with the oil cooler.

How many PSI do you plan to run and what's the main purpose for your bike?

Looks good... :beerchug:

I live in a hot country really we mostly ride in the winter time when temps are below 85F we go down to around 48F therefore im trying to keep the oil cooler,
With the current parts im told i can go up to 8psi, our fuel here is crap its only 91 (thou its advertised as 95oct).
The main purpose of this is i used to own a motorcycle shop previously and my partner screwed me over and now by demand im planning to open a new Motorcycle repair centre, this bike will be a show piece, a few turbo;s were build in this country, none suceeded, this im hoping will show ppl that althou our weather is crap, and crap fuel, now with the ECU editor and a RCC it can be done for the long haul. i have been driving frank up the wall with questions i guess coz this is my first turbo build.
Its also been a dream of mine to turbo a busa, i guess i seen too many youtube vids of turbo bikes which made it stick. I see from your sign that you have an RCC coming soon, i cant tell you how impressed i was with the welds and effort that you see on the RCC..i was almost gonna dress it up and take it to the movies! lool
Good luck!

I wouldn't worry about the oil cooler, I would be more concerned about the gas and cooling the air charge. Either run a water/meth injection or get an inter-cooler or Ultra plenum for the added safety. :thumbsup:

8psi shouldn't be a problem as long as you are doing quick bursts. If you plan to run high speeds for a long period, you are asking for problems..

Click on my sig for the link to my build thread with more pics and info... :beerchug:

I wouldn't worry about the oil cooler, I would be more concerned about the gas and cooling the air charge. Either run a water/meth injection or get an inter-cooler or Ultra plenum for the added safety. :thumbsup:

8psi shouldn't be a problem as long as you are doing quick bursts. If you plan to run high speeds for a long period, you are asking for problems..

Click on my sig for the link to my build thread with more pics and info... :beerchug:

I did look into the Ultra plenum and it looks great, plus im told i can go upto to 15lbs of boost but it is out of my budget @ this time, i will have to save up for it to get it.
Stand alone intercooler i didnt look into it, can you give me more details please?
I am atm looking into a Boost controller to keep the 4psi spring and boost upto 8psi or if i can go more, plus have the safety shutoff if it overboosts etc. I have seen one from Greg (boostbysmith) and one on the Shintz website which is a AEM electronic one for $335.
I plan to go wot for a max of one mile other than that it will be short bursts.
I see in your sign that your RCC kit is complete and will have a read of it later..good luck!

Today i did most of the things, i installed the turbo, most of the wiring was done, including the fuel pump wiring, i also installed the oil filter which i feel is too close for comfort and looks its gonna be diffcult to replace the oil filter.
Im currently gonna do a bracket to hold the boost gauge about the ignition key, plus i wanna get a link pipe done to install the Yoshimura TRC muffler.
I also wanna install a wideband 2 and dynojet LCD screen to get readings of AFR and data-log.
Im almost done and she should be up and running by tomorrow or monday, just need to get some normal engine oil and flash the ecu.

0042.jpg

0032.jpg

0022.jpg

0012.jpg

042-1.jpg

Looks like you loosened the compressor cover and turned it, or are the tabs are still on the bottom of the rad not allowing it to pull all the way back? I see a few things that make me wonder if you read over the installation instructions, they are on the CD that is in the zip lock bag of small parts, also a Yosh muffler will seriously hurt your hp output and will not work with mapping provided with the kit,

Richard

Back