BikeMaster- Busa K8 Turbo Project-Build

0212.jpg

0132.jpg

0172.jpg

wired
0062.jpg

0072.jpg

Looks like you loosened the compressor cover and turned it, or are the tabs are still on the bottom of the rad not allowing it to pull all the way back? I see a few things that make me wonder if you read over the installation instructions, they are on the CD that is in the zip lock bag of small parts, also a Yosh muffler will seriously hurt your hp output and will not work with mapping provided with the kit,

Richard

I havent removed them to be honest, i just bent the ones that were in the way, i had hoped to be able to see a way of connecting the oil cooler after finishing so i thought i would keep them for last.
Please share what you see wrong so i can correct it, hence this thread.
What other muffler do you suggest i can install without hurting to much hp?

on mine I had to remove the dump pipe flange and put layout die on it to put on flat belt sander, seemed like it was warped alittle, from welding or when it was cut, i was only able to get 5 lbs boost, thought I had a leak, after belt sanding it went to 7 lbs, plus I could see where exhaust gases were leaking out past flange. yours might not be that way, just saying easier to check it now

on mine I had to remove the dump pipe flange and put layout die on it to put on flat belt sander, seemed like it was warped alittle, from welding or when it was cut, i was only able to get 5 lbs boost, thought I had a leak, after belt sanding it went to 7 lbs, plus I could see where exhaust gases were leaking out past flange. yours might not be that way, just saying easier to check it now

I havent played with it yet nor started the bike, the flange and all came fitted already i guess ill know after the start up what is and what isnt.
Im not really in a big hurry with the bike, its still too hot to ride here, i guess the earliest i could ride would be late sept. So i have time to make any adjustments or order any missing parts.
i will have to do any and all leak tests before the break in and after the break in coz it goes to the dyno. What exhaust muffler are you running?

Looks like you loosened the compressor cover and turned it, or are the tabs are still on the bottom of the rad not allowing it to pull all the way back? I see a few things that make me wonder if you read over the installation instructions, they are on the CD that is in the zip lock bag of small parts, also a Yosh muffler will seriously hurt your hp output and will not work with mapping provided with the kit,

Richard

Do you have a picture of the turbo installed with the compressor in the right position? I would like to see how exactly it is fitted and where the oil filter fits in that picture. It will help to tell if this is the right place for the compressor cover.

0072.jpg

Clamp on the fuel line to the right is a low pressure clamp, it should be installed on the small rubber elbow at the rear left of air box, the proper clamp is on the line, I can see it in the pic? Is there tread sealant on the brass fittings? The clamps for all the lines are pre-installed on them, you just had to loosen them off and slide them up to the fitting, and re-tighten. All this is on the instruction CD

Richard

Do you have a picture of the turbo installed with the compressor in the right position? I would like to see how exactly it is fitted and where the oil filter fits in that picture. It will help to tell if this is the right place for the compressor cover.

Compressor cover placement will not affect oil filter clearance, did you loosen and move the compressor cover?? On the back of the cover there will likely be some lines that we marked to originally position it, if they are in the right spot the lines will line up,

Richard

PS. some of these pics are on the instruction CD

I also do not see the riv-nuts installed into the frame for the plenum hold down straps, are you going to install the plenum straps?

Richard

Clamp on the fuel line to the right is a low pressure clamp, it should be installed on the small rubber elbow at the rear left of air box, the proper clamp is on the line, I can see it in the pic? Is there tread sealant on the brass fittings? The clamps for all the lines are pre-installed on them, you just had to loosen them off and slide them up to the fitting, and re-tighten. All this is on the instruction CD

Richard

Yes there is thread sealant on the brass fitting and i will be replacing the pressure clamps
Thanks

Back