Choosing the right GT3076 turbo charger

aussiebusa44

Registered
Hello! first post in the section that I have been lurking for months!

My name is Josh and im from Tas, Australia

Jumped onto Himni Racing, Turbocharger, Turbo, Garrett, Turbo Kit, GReddy, Mazda RX-7, HKS, Apexi, TiAL, TurboXS, TurboSmart, Flange, Turbonetics, Exhaust, Intercooler, ACT, Intake to check out prices for a GT or GTXR 3076 turbo chargers, and Im faced with many options for Housings, flanges etc!

Has anyone worked out the correct A/R etc for this turbo on a Gen1 engine? what do I choose?

Im building a list of things to buy, the turbo being one of them. so far I have some ideas... Please feel free to add any thoughts as this is my first turbo motorcycle engine build. (for car application) Not wanting huge power, just wanting a bit more fun in my current club car (rwd mini)

So far on my list:

Garrett turbo
tial wastegate (unsure on size)
Blow off valve (unsure if really needed, if so any will do?)
Wossner Pistons
Wossner Rods / bolts
APE valve springs
APE clutch springs
APE HD output shaft
APE oil pump gear
APE spacer plate and gasket
ARP Head studs/nuts
Bosch 070 tank to surge, Bosch 044 pump from surge to engine
Sard RRFPR
Air to Air intercooler

I am unsure what fuel and engine management to use, but thats a different question to be asked later as I have gone off topic.

Any help on choosing the correct turbo would be great, look forward to hearing from you soon :)

Hey Max_turbin!

thanks for the speedy reply.

The guys who are helping me put this together said jump on here and ask you guys if it is really necessary going the GTX3076R with this build, and to ask if something smaller like a GT2876r would get the same results or be a better choice.

The track the engine/car will be run at is shortish to medium length where top speed wouldn't be achieved for long periods at a time, geared to aprox 120mph in top.

Has anyone done any research into the different garrett turbos around this size and when they come on boost, and what PSI they are run at, not for max power just good safe usable power. Coming on to boost at low RPM, but not to low resulting in excessive wheel spin, and not running out of puff at high RPM.

Sorry If this has been answered before, please post the link! I have read as much as I can, and still needed to ask!

regards, josh

I have run both the 2871 and 3071 on bikes, both here at the same time when i fitted the 2871 for a mate and could compare it to my 3071
the 2871 is much sharper in its response, on the bike it wanted to lift more than drive forward compared to the 3071

Which tracks are you using it on Symmons plains and Baskerville ?? , been a while since i watched any racing from either but isn't Baskerville fairly tight , probably say the 2876 if your getting a few tight corners

Also include case studs in your build ,think about getting the gearbox undercut , (i can give you a number in Vic for that ) and be quick on the clutch if you spin and the car rolls backward in gear .
I helped a guy with a Westfield several yrs ago and these were issues he had
0428 655 445 if i can be any help

Hey OZBooster,

Thanks for the reply, ill shoot you a text with my name and number, as you will be sure to hear from me!

Baskerville will be where its mostly run at, im only 15 min round the corner. Thanks for the tip about clutching during a spin, I was thinking about getting a electric shift kit from the states hopefully that wont interfear with anything too much.

Looking at the 2876 that falls in much cheaper, allowing more funds for the gate (unsure on what size) and hopefully being smaller it will suit the track a bit better.

As far as undercut trannys I have been reading about that, but unsure if I needed to do it, how ever ill add case studs and and the cut to my list of things to do! ThankyoU!

Regards, josh

Back