build cost?

IRDEATH1340

Registered
I finally have everything ready to be installed on my 2009 Busa, rcc stage one turbo with water injection, wossner rods and turbo pistons, ss valves, ape valve Springs, ape valve guides, nlr boost compensating clutch, mcintosh swingarm underbraced 8-12 over and a few other little engine mods. looking at getting better engine studs, and a heavy duty output shaft and haven't decided on an ams 500 or 1000. asked a local builder for an estimate replied with 4000-5000 dollars does this sound reasonable? and would like make around 300hp...I might just have them do the engine work and wait until i get home from deployment and install the turbo, clutch and swingarm myself and take it back to them to get tuned if there is a huge price difference.

seems a little high but that depends on how crazy u go with the build and tranny and wat other parts ull need that u think u don't need now and believe me there will be more so it probably isn't that high. in my experience in the past building either a car or a bike you can add 50% to wat u originally thought u were gonna spend.

are u doing 1/2 inch studs? if not I wud while everything is apart cause u will get bored with that stage 1 kit makn 300 hp and want to go faster sooner or later and likely sooner.... id do adjustable roller cam chain conversion from APE while ur in there as well.

Sounds like a legit build judging by the parts you have. I think GNBRETT is right. You should budget in a good amount for all the things that are gonna pop up.

That nlr clutch seems pretty trick. I'm looking forward to seeing how you like it.

Good luck and Godspeed on your deployment. Come back safe and get your build log going :D

4000-5000 seems about right but it would depend alot on the hourly rate. I agree on the 1/2 studs its quick and easy once the engine is apart and if your doing rods and pistons you might as well while your in it.

Ams 1000 will make you much happier than ams500.

Back