So it starts

smithabusa

Site Sponsor
Registered
well she has a tad over 1000 miles on it, its a time for boost :)

Dudes the 08 plastics SUCK!!!!!!!!! Got the plastic off tonight, pulled the oil cooler and radiator, gonna get them motor out tomorrow.
Pulled off the rider and passenger pegs, brackets, linkage, tiger chain guard, tiger license plate bracket and shipped off to be powdercoated black

Got:
RCC Kit with Carbon Can, 1:1 regulator
GM 3 Bar Map sensor plugged into factory harness, going to use ECU for boost referenced fueling
ECU For gear based boost control

For motor, just going to do:
Ferrara intake / exhaust Valves
65# Valve Springs
APE Head Studs
Cometic .080 spacer and head gasket
Cometic Lower End Gasket Kit
Adjustable Cam Sprocket
HD Clutch Springs
SAE slave support
Galfer Rear Rotor

DSC_1615.jpg

DSC_1616.jpg

DSC_1391.jpg

donation crate? aww your so kind i never expected anyone to give me a fresh blue/gold with a turbo on it. your the koolest!!!

well she has a tad over 1000 miles on it, its a time for boost :)

Dudes the 08 plastics SUCK!!!!!!!!! Got the plastic off tonight, pulled the oil cooler and radiator, gonna get them motor out tomorrow.
Pulled off the rider and passenger pegs, brackets, linkage, tiger chain guard, tiger license plate bracket and shipped off to be powdercoated black

Got:
RCC Kit with Carbon Can, 1:1 regulator
GM 3 Bar Map sensor plugged into factory harness, going to use ECU for boost referenced fueling
ECU For gear based boost control

For motor, just going to do:
Ferrara intake / exhaust Valves
65# Valve Springs
APE Head Studs
Cometic .080 spacer and head gasket
Cometic Lower End Gasket Kit
Adjustable Cam Sprocket
HD Clutch Springs
SAE slave support
Galfer Rear Rotor

DSC_1615.jpg

DSC_1616.jpg

DSC_1391.jpg

:thumbsup:

Test ride would be pretty expensive LOL, and with MI weather the first test ride will be several months from now :(

made some progress today, tossed the turbo and exhaust up there to see what it looks like, then got the motor out and head off

DSC_1617.jpg

DSC_1618.jpg

DSC_1619.jpg

DSC_1620.jpg

DSC_1621.jpg

DSC_1622.jpg

DSC_1623.jpg

DSC_1626.jpg

DSC_1627.jpg

DSC_1628.jpg

No intercooler so can't do much on pump gas maybe 260 ish, but thinking about e85 with larger injectors and 300 ish, leaving arm stock for a while that should keep the desire for mega hp low LOL
Posted via Mobile Device

Intercooler would allow another 5 psi or so of pump gas boost

My 2000 I run 15-16 psi on pump gas
Posted via Mobile Device

I should have stated an intercooler helps lower intake air temps allowing more boost on the same octane fuel before detonation occurs
Posted via Mobile Device

Back