My 08 winter project

smithabusa

Site Sponsor
Registered
well she has a tad over 1000 miles on it, its a time for boost :)

Dudes the 08 plastics SUCK!!!!!!!!! Got the plastic off tonight, pulled the oil cooler and radiator, gonna get them motor out tomorrow.
Pulled off the rider and passenger pegs, brackets, linkage, tiger chain guard, tiger license plate bracket and shipped off to be powdercoated black

Got:
RCC Kit with Carbon Can, 1:1 regulator
GM 3 Bar Map sensor plugged into factory harness, going to use ECU for boost referenced fueling
ECU For gear based boost control

For motor, just going to do:
Ferrara intake / exhaust Valves
65# Valve Springs
APE Head Studs
Cometic .080 spacer and head gasket
Cometic Lower End Gasket Kit
Adjustable Cam Sprocket
HD Clutch Springs
SAE slave support
Galfer Rear Rotor

DSC_1615.jpg

DSC_1616.jpg

DSC_1391.jpg

I wish I'd known Greg -I'd of come over and shown you the little tricks. It's not all that bad once ya know.:thumbsup:

hopefully next time will be easier :)

If you get bored, Kurt and I will be out in the barn tomorrow afternoon getting the motor out. Gotta get it out before it gets too cold, no insulation in the barn yet, garage is insulated with a furnace, but i moved all my stuff out in the barn this summer when i had electricity put in, never got around to the rest of things.

made some progress today, tossed the turbo and exhaust up there to see what it looks like, then got the motor out and head off

DSC_1617.jpg

DSC_1618.jpg

DSC_1619.jpg

DSC_1620.jpg

DSC_1621.jpg

DSC_1622.jpg

DSC_1623.jpg

DSC_1626.jpg

DSC_1627.jpg

DSC_1628.jpg

Yes the plastics really suck taking them off the gen2 busas. Each time I do it.... I cross my fingers that they arent going to break a clip or a nipple etc. Good luck on your turbo build.... that is going to be one sweet ride! And you got the fastest color too!

X-lent Greg ..................... I note you have included all your loves in the pics :thumbsup:
So I have to ask ............. did you also get some ring "Bling" for the "Boss" :cheerleader:
:thumbsup:

No sir, she didn't get any jewelry out of this transaction, not yet anyway. She came out in the barn the other day, what are you doing? Taking the bike apart? Why? You aren't turbo ing it are you? Ummmmm yeah. I thought this one was staying stock? I said I never said that LOL

Then >>>>>>>>>>>> don't tell me Greg with a roll of the eyes and that "look" merely walked away ? She knows you oh so well I would say :rofl:

She didn't mind, she said I deserve it for all my hard work at both day job and boostbysmith, she's a keeper lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Very nice Greg... :thumbsup:

What are your plans for the bike/build...? Drag, LSR, street, etc..

I'm still on the fence about my next phase of mods but maybe your build will convince me... :whistle:

You arent messingf around with the new bike. Ill be calling you next week yo make an order. Im starting my winter project as well.

Back