So it starts

ok gotya. lowering the air temp = more easily compressed (more boost) and the lower the temp the bigger the boom (more combustible) am i trackin?

ok gotya. lowering the air temp = more easily compressed (more boost) and the lower the temp the bigger the boom (more combustible) am i trackin?

Cooler air means less detonation, also cooler air is denser, contains more oxygen, more oxygen means you add fuel, adding fuel and oxygen means more power,

Richard

hey you are only 2 hours from me.... more than happy to do the shakedown run for you.. :)

Plan is to start it tomorrow, it won't be tuned so no riding, but be nice to hear it rumble through the monster full pipe :). Only been messing with it 1 day a week lately
Posted via Mobile Device

Its alive!

Video
www.boostbysmith.com/Videos/08startup.wmv

DSC_1654.JPG

DSC_1655.JPG

DSC_1656.JPG

DSC_1657.JPG

DSC_1673.JPG

DSC_1674.JPG

DSC_1675.JPG

DSC_1676.JPG

DSC_1677.JPG

DSC_1678.JPG

Glad you like the header Greg, our cast stainless flange does fit nice:beerchug:

I would replace that factory pinch clamp on the IAC hose that attaches to the nipple on the back off the plenum with one of the clamps that came with the kit, the pinch clamp will be fine for low boost, but when you turn it up you may get a boost leak.

Richard

Glad you like the header Greg, our cast stainless flange does fit nice:beerchug:

I would replace that factory pinch clamp on the IAC hose that attaches to the nipple on the back off the plenum with one of the clamps that came with the kit, the pinch clamp will be fine for low boost, but when you turn it up you may get a boost leak.

Richard

Good point richard will do thanks :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Got a HKS blow off valve welded on the plenum, 2 O2 sensors put in the pipe, bracket welded to plenum to hold the 3 bar map sensor

ThuJan14211917AmericaNew_York2010.jpg

ThuJan14211925AmericaNew_York2010.jpg

ThuJan14211932AmericaNew_York2010.jpg

ThuJan14211941AmericaNew_York2010.jpg

I've been waiting to see this since you first posted it on your site.:thumbsup: You're gonna surprise alot of people by having the full exhaust on there. Cant wait to see some dyno-tuning and road vids. Get er dun Greg!:beerchug::cheerleader:

road vids will be a long time unfortunately due to michigan weather, but hoping very soon to get up to RCC for some dyno tuning. My son #2 is due to be born 6 weeks from now so I need to get my butt in gear and not be 5 hours away from home on a dyno anytime near the due date LOL

At the moment I want to have the stock O2 sensor in there for part throttle closed loop fuel control, and be able to put a wideband in there for logging.

I am hoping eventually to be able to plug a wideband into the stock wiring, and be able to do more ecu stuff with much better A/F feedback, but not sure.

There is some neat datalogging stuff going on with a very smart Bking guy, using a cheap interface that plugs into the SDS line and can log everything the ecu sees. if i could feed wideband O2 into the ecu then there would be no need to have to hook up anything for datalogging except it.

Back