My 08 winter project

Nice work, wife, child and home - but you know all that. (Agree about the new plastic here - I'm a rookie at it and removal plain sucks!)

Great on you for taking the ECU tuning even higher! Looks like this entire project is a business expense to me; don't forget to log mileage. Looks great already

Hey Greg, you inspired me to tear mine down. After 2 seasons of racing and over 500 passes on nitrous with a stock motor, it was time for a change. Winter project time. Leakdown was 2%, 2%, 4%, 9% with a small exhaust leak on cylinder 4.

projectstart.JPG

I really shouldn't admit this, but I found one of those rubber grometts that pop through the ram air tubes (if your not careful) wedged WAY down in the head up against the back of the valve. No wonder I was only going 165!:laugh:

I didn't think it could happen to me...

Oh, and to lighten things up, look what Brock sent me.
Stock wheel with carrier and sprocket was 17.5 lbs
BST wheel with carrier and sprocket is 11.6 lbs.

bstwheels.JPG

those results after 500 passes; amazing motorcycle and oil and/ or maintenance routine. I hate that grommet set up.

I need / want to ride someone's bike with a front BST installed to compare to my bike with front bst..... I don't like what I hear on mine - could be my imagination.

and now back to Gregg's thread for me..

Last edited:
digital slr nikon d40, though no clue how to work it, sorta silly to always use automatic setting on a slr but not smart enough to know how to use it :thumbsup:

Wow, thanks for your efforts in capturing the sequence of it all....this is a fun thread, like reading a good mystery novel (keeps unfolding). What a fun bike it'll be and great choice on "generally stock" appearance. Doyle

Went to see Richard yesterday to tune with ecu boost fuel tuning. After yesterdays session petrik has discovered a way to get much more fuel from ecu, but anyhow I made max of 280 hp with stock injectors and 1:1 regulator. Should be enough for 350 with new software algorithm and ability to tweak the contribution of fuel from primary / secondary injectors.

anyhow, going from memory on these #'s, richard is going to send dyno sheets next week

3 psi spring: 190 hp
6 psi: 230 hp
8 psi: 250 hp
10 psi: 270
12 psi: 280 on one pull with no tuning and a/f was kinda crazy.

Thats RCC kit with full pipe carbon, filter that will it in bodywork, .080 spacer, ferrara valves, 65# springs, ape head studs, adjustable cam sprocket on intake, thats about it.

Up to 8 psi on pump gas, 10 and 12 psi we made pulls on leaded 110 fuel.

Here is a ecu editor boostfuel video from one of the pulls, we used this as a cheap datalogger LOL
www.boostbysmith.com/Videos/dynorun.wmv

Sounded good spinning to 11,500 RPM

you can see on this pull its making
2 psi @ 4000 rpm
4 psi @ 5000 rpm
6 psi @ 5500 rpm
11 psi @ 6000 rpm

SatJan30001816AmericaNew_York2010.jpg

FriJan29131012AmericaNew_York2010.jpg

I gotta get me a turbo setup for my '06 LE. I am a big guy and am getting a little tired of getting beat by smaller guys on 1000's. Thanks for sharing the great pics and the excellent write up with us. It gives us somewhere to start and something to dream about!!:thumbsup::beerchug:

Back