My 08 winter project

Greg you aren't making my decision to keep this bike N/A very easy... :banghead:

.....must resist the urge to TURBO my current ride... :drooling3:

..must pick up another bike next year... :whistle:

....to do this with.... :sasmokin:

You guys gotta watch Greg-he's real sneaky like that :whistle:
He came thaaaaaaaaat close to reeling me in. I live close by and he invited me over(which I did very much appreciate, Greg:beerchug:) to partake in the teardown-knowing that if I did there'd be no turning back. Common sense prevailed and I resisted for now but I know someday I'll be knockin' on his door.

Maybe in a year or two when I get another bike for traveling but for now I need stock reliability for peace of mind and mpg's on long trips. I'll let you guys iron out the wrinkles while I sit back and drool:drool:.
But when I do, it's gonna get pistons and rods and I've just gotta take advantage of the 24 hour E-85 right behind my house. But for now I'm thinking about maybe playing with the new n2o feature of ee2 with just a safe 30 or 40 shot.

Greg, I'm real busy with my sleds this time of year and haven't kept up lately but is it possible to set up my co2 shifter with your autoshift to "work around" the nitrous window of the ee2? Seems to me like that should be an easy to drive, quick, efficient, and reliable system with the ee2 and a Schnitz tune.:bowdown:

Stop it, Greg-that's not fair!!! :rulez:

Truth is:
1) My daughters getting married in St. Thomas May 1:thumbsup:
2) I just went thru my 3rd divorce last year :banghead:
3) My plant(GM Powertrain, Willow Run) is a casulty of the bankruptcy and will be closing this December if not sooner and even though as a UAW Benefit Representative I'll be the last man standing I have no idea how long they'll keep me after the doors close. Could be months-could be years, as we do have over 9000 retirees from this plant that keep me hopping! :dunno: I will have the option to transfer to another plant as a pipefitter or of course, retire, but at young single 53 year old with a taste for expensive toys and a need for speed I'm not about to stop working or playing as long as my body lets me.

But on the other hand, I just got my Arctic Cat 1000cc Pro Stocker(5.70's@114 in 1/8 mile, 0-60 in 1.7 seconds w/my 200 lb. azz on it) out of mothballs(haven't run it in 3 years) and gonna take it out after work today to get the cobwebs out and put it up for sale. I'll be lucky to get 20 cents on the do$$ar for what I've got into it in todays market but that still should be just about enough for the turbo kit and I'm sure might get enough in my tax return to cover the pistons, rods, etc.......hmmmm ???

You guys are making me jealous!! Wish I lived a lot closer to you Smithabusa, so I could have you do all the work for me. I am really liking the way your bike is turning out. Great work and keep posting the pics. Can't wait to see the finished product!!:beerchug::thumbsup:

Nice!!

I would change the oem hose you have on the crankcase breather,those oem hoses will crush with the weight of the added filter..

Nice work as always!!

Here is boost pressure vs rpm from the pulls we made :thumb:

boost-vs-rpm.jpg

Got a chance to do some testing this evening with petriks ECU boost control :)

I had a choice to either drag the bike out to the barn where my tools and air compressor are, or rig up an air tank with a regulator on it to be the supply source. I basically have an air supply feeding a 1/8 npt air solenoid that is controlled by your software petrik, then on the output of the solenoid i am feeding the top side of the wastegate, gm 3 bar map sensor, and a mechanical boost gauge for me to watch. Engine is off, and just monitoring boost pressure on the top of the gate. I have a small air leak somewhere, but a leak of some sort is needed so that the wastegate can relieve itself, i think with the adjustable exhaust leak i have on the solenoid you can tune how quickly the boost bleeds back off when you downshift to a lower gear, making it leak off quicker will make the solenoid have to run more continous to maintain pressure.

Anyhow here are 2 videos, 1st with lower pressure, 2nd with higher pressures, there is some overshoot, but its hard to say how actual behavior on the road would be as I would be just using the manifold for air source vs 30 psi coming from an air tank, it would have longer to build up and probably overshoot less.

Anyhow, man for a first crack this seems to work pretty darn good!

Video 1
www.boostbysmith.com/Videos/ecuboost.wmv

Video 2
www.boostbysmith.com/Videos/ecuboost2.wmv

Thanks for all you do sir, the busa ecu flashing community wouldn't exist without you.

Greg

MonFeb08200927AmericaNew_York2010.jpg

Plastic is on, what a farking pain in the butt

Even with stock arm 3 psi and low compression is pretty lame, gotta get playing with ecu controlled gear based boost control.

SatMar20194936AmericaNew_York2010.jpg

SatMar20194949AmericaNew_York2010.jpg

SatMar20194956AmericaNew_York2010.jpg

Posted via Mobile Device

Back