SL65 Photoshoot in Chicago

adding intake and exhaust on a car would constitute in needing a tune to max that potential, airflow is crucial for hp gains, you just reitterated what i was saying!!

but if you read what i said my point is that the stock tune is optimized for the car (were talking TT highline car, not neons or evo's), to mess with a STOCK 100g car with no other performance or supporting mods is just plain stupid and would yield no real results. thats all i was saying...

we just did this SL65 amg renntech, makes about 700hp and we are doing a black edition next week, the tech from renntech is actually coming to our shop to work on it, ill post up pics, over 1000 hp!!!

I agree with the exhaust and intake arguement but let's face it just like the Busa, the manufacturer puts certain limits into the computer to keep people from killing themselves. If you have ever driven these cars with the Dyno Mode activated then you know that a normal driver does not have the skill to handle it.
That being said, a Busa with a ATRE is still "stock", no? What is the difference? Changing the governor, or the timing, or the rev limiter doesn't change anything but the "stock" performance. You are just removing the limiters out in place by the man.

Also please post up pics of the Black Series. I saw one in Chicago while I was there and it is SEX on wheels.

IMG_0124.jpg

I agree with the exhaust and intake arguement but let's face it just like the Busa, the manufacturer puts certain limits into the computer to keep people from killing themselves. If you have ever driven these cars with the Dyno Mode activated then you know that a normal driver does not have the skill to handle it.
That being said, a Busa with a ATRE is still "stock", no? What is the difference? Changing the governor, or the timing, or the rev limiter doesn't change anything but the "stock" performance. You are just removing the limiters out in place by the man.

Also please post up pics of the Black Series. I saw one in Chicago while I was there and it is SEX on wheels.

IMG_0124.jpg

not sure what you mean.

please let us know of this world record and what was he having tuned and where was it done?

The best time for an SL65 with some tweaking is 10.87 in the 1/4 mile, as far as we know. That is the time we are trying to beat.

This is the post I made. Fastest time posted anywhere on the forums as far as we can tell. If you have other info please let me know so we can be accurate. Thanks.

Yea Yea Yea hp tune on stock motor whatever....I still think those girls are underage.

I should probly be locked up for what i was thinkin, "Dadofthree" please, dont make the cuffs to tight.
Oh, and the "Record" that was broken was Zero to..... nevermind

Can you "tune" the traction control to turn itself off, completly!? Now that would be a good trick

Oh my goodness! I can only imagine how fun those two would be together! :drooling3: :inlove:

Can I get a lil smacky.....PLEASE? :spank:

:laugh:

When I look at those pics of the cutie chicks, why do I feel like it's the beginning of p0rn vid. :whistle: Too blond maybe. :thumbsup:

Hahaha frog knows his benz ;)...that's mercedes biggest screw up, it doesn't turn off TC 100%... but with the 65 motor, you won't get traction anyways.
Its a bit overkill really.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hahaha frog knows his benz ;)...that's mercedes biggest screw up, it doesn't turn off TC 100%... but with the 65 motor, you won't get traction anyways.
Its a bit overkill really.
Posted via Mobile Device
You can turn traction control completely off. You have to access the service menu in the on board computer and put the car in dyno mode. This will disable traction, abs, and active body control completely. You're on your own, with no help from any electronics.

Last edited:
And for the record, the girls are 18 and 19. I still felt like a dirty old
man watching Olympic gymnastics. :whistle:

You can turn traction control completely off. You have to access the service menu in the on board computer and put the car in dyno mode. This will disable traction, abs, and active body control completely. You're on your own, with no help from any electronics.

once again, you cant turn off traction control 100% for every day driving.
Dyno mode is another thing that most people would NEVER know about.

once again, you cant turn off traction control 100% for every day driving.
Dyno mode is another thing that most people would NEVER know about.

Not for everyday driving, but it can be turned off is all I meant. And most people will never know, you are right.

Not for everyday driving, but it can be turned off is all I meant. And most people will never know, you are right.

what i was saying is that the traction control button in the car is useless. i believe it only turns it off 70% . even the SLR is that way (which is nonsense)

Back