Important day in the USA and for the 2nd Amendment..

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
Supreme Court hears Chicago gun ban case today - Chicago Breaking News

Supreme Court to hear challenge to Chicago gun law - Chicago Breaking News

Since the Courts ruling regarding the DC gun ban people have been pressuring the Court to hear arguements about same with regard to locales and cities.

The Supreme Courts decision to rule in favor of the individual in regard to DC affected a federal enclave and still left in the air as to whether or not the 2nd Amend applies to the individual and is a guaranteed right or not in local areas and cities not under fedral control...i.e.. the rest of the country.

The initial read on the arguements seem to be very encouraging. The right of free speech has been enumerated and guaranteed to the individual as well as the right to keep arms in the federal enclave of Washington DC.
It is only logical to extend both across the land.

The decision could possibly be the most historic and effect bearing of its kind since the Bill of Rights was written as not once has the court directly addressed the specific right of an individual to keep and bear arms as related to the 2nd Amendment.

Many gun related cases have come before the court but all have been around laws passed and their legitamacy and violation of these laws by people.

If they rule in favor of the individual as they did before it could possibly put an unremovable dent in the gun ban advocates.
The wall of "Liberal Gun Grabbing has been struck with the Hammer of Freedom"

Mr GunGrabber...Tear down this wall !
reagan20at20brandenburg.jpg

Let us pray for the right decision...:please:

VaBusa "From my cold dead fingers" on that !

Just need once and for all for the Supreme Court to tell all who dont believe the Founding Fathers intended it to be an individual right not one of the militia.
Back then the Militia was composed of individuals and hence the 2nd Amendment was created as to give the individual the right to keep his own.
This way when called upon to do their duty they could show up armed and ready not needing to go to armory for equip.
Nowadays they try to say with the Natl Army and Police we dont need guns nor does that outdated document apply.

Never before has it applied more as we need their help in telling them to..... !

BACK OFF !
yosemite_sam___coloured_by_koonik.jpg

the time of critical mass is rapidly approaching..fear not the taliban...fear our own goverment...ps im not saying taliban is good...thier effect is not as wide reaching as our own goverment

and yet the majority of gun owners are not in a militia.....and have no real trainer in the use of guns, basic military tactics or strategy.

i am totally in favor of gun ownership, and the 2nd ammendment. however, the purpose of the 2nd ammendment was the protection of the people ability to form a militia.

to give ensure the right of the people to protest or even overthrow the government if it becomes to oppressive.

with the right comes a responsability.....

and yet the majority of gun owners are not in a militia.....and have no real trainer in the use of guns, basic military tactics or strategy.

i am totally in favor of gun ownership, and the 2nd ammendment. however, the purpose of the 2nd ammendment was the protection of the people ability to form a militia.

to give ensure the right of the people to protest or even overthrow the government if it becomes to oppressive.

with the right comes a responsability.....

No argument from me. I run into it all the time. I was raised with some respect for firearms. My father raised me to believe that you don't point a gun at anyone, toy or not, loaded or not. I can't get over how many people wave real guns around claiming that they're empty..... it's enough to make my blood boil.

i hear you....i held my first firearm at the age of 6-7, cannot remember the exact date....but guns were a part of my childhood, i went to the range with my grandpa every other weekend.

it just pisses me off that people invoke the Constitution without really having any idea what these rights are, or even why they are so important.

responsibility does not mean localitys or states can restrict right to own or possess if legally allowed to..ie no felony ect...wich part of "shall not be infringed" do they not understand?

i hear you....i held my first firearm at the age of 6-7, cannot remember the exact date....but guns were a part of my childhood, i went to the range with my grandpa every other weekend.

it just pisses me off that people invoke the Constitution without really having any idea what these rights are, or even why they are so important.

Much of the same people that fly the Rebel Flag without a true understanding of its meaning. Symbolism over Significance.

Please dont discount untrained country folks as they have already once shown they can defeat the mightiest nation on earth.
It was called the American Revolution.
And we kicked Britains booty. (sure with a lot of help, save the long version)
At the time to gather and train with arms would have been considered against the King and it was not allowed. Folks could hunt and gather but not practice in military fashion.
Zero real exp but yet when called they came and learned and kicked butt.
It can and will happen again
I worked as rangemaster for 8yrs here in SoFla and agree some folks should not be anywhere near guns but if needed these people can readily be shown how to.........

You guys are right to an extent but please remember that it was simple untrained country folks who when called came without shoes and proper gear to a place called Valley Forge to fight for a thing that it is slowly slipping away.

Last edited:
Please dont discount untrained country folks as they have already once shown they can defeat the mightiest nation on earth.

I'm willing to bet that the country folk from 200+ years ago were a heck of a lot more trained with firearms back then than our country folk from today. The culture was completely different back then, and guns were a means to an end. Today they're just a means to a possibility of the end. I know too many people that have no respect for the gun....none. It's just a loud noisemaker for them.

I agreed with you but have also witnessed folks , neighbors whom I thought to be complete dufus' learn in an instant how to rough it and camp outside for 2 weeks after a hurricane.
True some folks just dont get it and have not respect so put them in front of me load the guns for them and say squeeze trigger that way over there...theres one get him...:laugh:

It was called the American Revolution.
And we kicked Britains booty. (sure with a lot of help, save the long version)
At the time to gather and train with arms would have been considered against the King and it was not allowed. Folks could hunt and gather but not practice in military fashion.
Zero real exp but yet when called they came and learned and kicked butt.
It can and will happen again
I worked as rangemaster for 8yrs here in SoFla and agree some folks should not be anywhere near guns but if needed these people can readily be shown how to.........

You guys are right to an extent but please remember that it was simple untrained country folks who when called came without shoes and proper gear to a place called Valley Forge to fight for a thing that it is slowly slipping away.

you are incorrect....the "untrained" country folks you are are reffering to were in fact trained militia.

these militia had little succes in battle.

it is a romantic ideal that the common man with a musket defeated the "greatest army in the world".....but that is not the truth. by the time of the British surrender the "Continetal Army" a paid, proffesional army with many years of combat experience.

I'm hoping that after this hearing that the sheriff here gets rid of the gun registration laws that have been in place for a while now. I don't like the concept of law abiding citizens having to register their guns with the local police department. I can't fathom what this information is being used for or why this information is needed. If you're able to purchase a gun legally then that should be it. The local police department doesn't need to know about it. :beerchug:

That professional army started as common men which I stated.
I also in parenthesis saved the long version.

At the time of the firing of the shot heard round the world trained militia were not numerous nor well practiced. Common folks with muskets who had killed for food but not for freedom.
The british simply did not allow folks to gather and practice these things as for sure it would have been seen as against the king because at the time there was no other 'enemy' they would have been practicing for.

Sure toward the end they were practiced and experienced having been trained by french generals and others but they started out as common folks who werent soldiers and when called they learned fast.

Back