chicago get ready

Only part of a article that I keep taped to the wall beside the throne !!!
beerchug.gif
lurk.gif

more than 90 percent of police chiefs and sheriffs agree that criminals were not affected by a ban on any type of firearm, while more than 70 percent oppose 'WAITING PERIODS" for the same reason.

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms....disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - THOMAS JEFFERSON
bowdown.gif

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." - SAMUEL ADAMS.
bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

I was born in Chicago and love to visit there. So what if people are allowed to cary and conceal. Maybe the criminals will think twice before committing a crime because maybe little old grandma sitting on the bench waiting for the bus might be concealing as well. This way no one knows who is carrying and whose not. You never know!
guns.gif
Get'em Granny!!!

Chicago etc had banned guns or blocked 2nd amendment locally or something?  sorry, I don't watch any news
only for the last 30 years or so.....
whistling.gif

I'm from Chicago, now I'm in the burbs just outside of Chi-town
but I'm still in Cook Co which is Chicago's gun nazi county.

I'm so relieved and the asshat mayor of Chicago had this BS to say.
talk about totally playing the ignorant angle fear mongering  
pillepalle.gif

http://video.nbc5.com/player/?fid=0#videoid=269642

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
"Well will you call the police when your neighbor has a fully automatic AK47?"[/quote]

Talk about a friggin asshat jerkoff. This is the BS FEAR tactics they play
to gain favor to their arguments, it shows how ignorant society is that he
would even ATTEMPT this stupid rant.

What a ******* joke this guy is...... let alone in 2006 2 teams of FBI
agents were dispatched PUBLICLY to investigate the WHOLE Daley administration
for corruption.....I hope this guy rots in jail myself.

pillepalle.gif

for corruption.....I hope this guy rots in jail myself.
I couldn't even watch all of that video, he turns my stomach so bad. As you said typical fear tactics. How many times did he make reference that you can't have a gun near a federal building because why?? Because they are better than you. (liberal fear tactic)

Then the mention of the gun running and all the guns going to Canada and Mexico. This is illegal activity that we have federal laws with harsh punishments for but it still goes on. Why? Because too many liberal laws protect the criminals. If you want criminals to stop stealing guns enforce the laws on the books, the ones we have right now, and put these people in places where they should be for the amount of time they should be there. Instead we make excuses, they had a bad childhood, they are misunderstood, they were sexually abused as kids and this list goes on. What every happened to they did something WRONG, they are old enough to know better and they should pay for the CRIME that THEY committed??

You want education Mayor Daley? Help us implement a concealed carry law. Those who apply for permits will be mandated to take a firearm safety class that teaches them when they can and can't use a gun, how to safely carry a gun and how to keep a gun in the house. This is something that most citizens of the State of IL have never had any training in.

I'm sure if the mayor's interpretation of the second ammendment was the same as he interprets the first he would want it to be mandatory that everyone own a gun.

It's actually Mayor DALEY* but I believe the more LEGAL guns you get in law-abiding citizens hands, the more guns there are available to criminals. In turn, I see this as a bad thing..

And this was in the cloned thread but, how could you say you hate Illinois?? I love Illinois, especially Chicago, no other place like it...
wtf.gif
this is so far from the truth it isn't even funny.  It's the Chicago area mentality that makes this state so messed up.  Get south of I-80 and the overwhelming majority think the exact opposite.  What makes you believe that more people legally owning guns makes it easier for criminals to own guns???

Illinois and Wisconsin are the only two states left that do not have some type of concealed carry law.  I challenge anyone to find a state that had an increase in violent crime, specifically gun crime after authorizing citizens to carry concealed weapons.  Also if you get out of the Chicago area you will find and overwhelming number of police officers in favor of a concealed carry law in IL.  

I can assure you it doesn't make any difference to me, I'm law enforcement and carry concealed every where I go (including Chicago). I will also support a concealed carry law for IL as long as I am above ground and breathing.  Criminals will carry concealed regardless, no laws will ever change that, law abiding citizens should always have a choice to carry concealed to protect themselves.
thumb_up.gif
well said

Chicago etc had banned guns or blocked 2nd amendment locally or something?  sorry, I don't watch any news
only for the last 30 years or so.....
whistling.gif

I'm from Chicago, now I'm in the burbs just outside of Chi-town
but I'm still in Cook Co which is Chicago's gun nazi county.

pillepalle.gif

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:
<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
"Well will you call the police when your neighbor has a fully automatic AK47?"[/quote]

for corruption.....I hope this guy rots in jail myself.[/quote]
wtf.gif
that 10 min rant coming from a mayor who is corrupt himself

Back