Important day in the USA and for the 2nd Amendment..

most of the populace won't get off thier couches to vote....they let politicians, unions and corporations take thier jobs, thier homes and thier rights.

you expect them fight for thier country?

some would fight, but how many?

Wtf are you talking about?

I still have a job, freedom, my house, my family, my union, and I'm perfectly happy with it all.

You need to take a break from the anti gov weekly or something bro.

I don't know a man today that would let his family be taken away from him. That's what your preparedness is for right? Protect your family.

Are you gonna march on the white house lawn with you warrior of the week club because of taxes and etc?

Really what are you talking about fighting for? The 2nd amendment was written over 200 years ago. I think we've came along way since then in our processes. This whole thread is off track now but the militia thing is irrelevant in this case and is pointless to discuss. The right to bear arms is what were debating in washington not the right to gather a militia. They are no longer connected as you'd like them to be.
Posted via Mobile Device

anti gov....? are you kidding? that's definately not me. i am just repeating the things i see written here everyday by the gun toting "from my dead hands" group...

I will as they did before kiss the family goodbye and go .
I will be willing to suffer so that my family may still live free.
I studied American history in school throughout but unlike others I took
great interest in it.
To have kissed wife and kids goodbye and gone willingly ill equipped to a place called Valley Forge as individuals to fight what they knew was the greatest and best trained army on earth took something few possess anymore.
Dedication to ones inner cause and country !

Crispus Attucks a freed slave , one who had opp to cut and run never to be seen again chose to stand and fire that shot heard round the world.
He fired it for us

Their sacrifice for me will never be forgotten in this house and I won't let them down if the time comes for me to do same, with zero real military training I may add.

Not talking, just how I was raised.

In the beginning it was the gun toting from my dead hands group that gave you the things we discuss now .
???

And it is the same mentality from the same kind of folks you mock who protect you as we speak !
Without gunnuts in this country right now you would be slaves !
What is it that protects the 1st amend ?
The 2nd !

Not that we aren't already ?

While we are off track the two are intertwined.
Yesterdays miltia member is today's well armed citizen !

We need the court to enumerate this again as an individual right not to be controlled or legislated away on a local level because the 2 docs , the const and the bill of rights spread countrywide !

While we are off track the two are intertwined.
Yesterdays miltia member is today's well armed citizen !

We need the court to enumerate this again as an individual right not to be controlled or legislated away on a local level because the 2 docs , the const and the bill of rights spread countrywide !

Well said, saiid.

(Pun intended)
Posted via Mobile Device

Ok time out .
Adam says Scooby Doo is coming on and please put the phone down.
Tonight gonna be a good episode 'A clue for Scooby Doo'
The gang finds a sunken ship while scuba diving !
Cool

Back later after that and Johnny Quest !
Hadji lookout !!!!!!!!!

In the beginning it was the gun toting from my dead hands group that gave you the things we discuss now .
???

And it is the same mentality from the same kind of folks you mock who protect you as we speak !
Without gunnuts in this country right now you would be slaves !
What is it that protects the 1st amend ?
The 2nd !

Not that we aren't already ?

correct..it is the 2nd ammendment that protects my 1st ammendment right. however, i do not feel the radical gun toting from my dead hands group have giving any more or any less than any other group....

there all kinds that have won, and still protect my rights.

i mock lots of groups.....I mock the "from my cold dead hands "guys because they are the ones always screaming about thier loss of civil rights, loss of privacy. yet have no problem taking rights from groups they do not agree with....typically gays, other religions or political ideologies.

It is unfortunate that the 'gun-toting from my dead hands group' has to stay vigilant, otherwise the 'lets hold hands sing kumbaya let's ban all guns and hold flowers Brady bill bunch' would take all the law abiding citizens guns away so only the criminals would have them.

The second amendment protects the individual's right to bear arms, so that if a milita is ever needed for either external or INTERNAL threats, it could be formed...

correct..it is the 2nd ammendment that protects my 1st ammendment right. however, i do not feel the radical gun toting from my dead hands group have giving any more or any less than any other group....

i mock lots of groups.....I mock the "from my cold dead hands "guys because they are the ones always screaming about thier loss of civil rights, loss of privacy. yet have no problem taking rights from groups they do not agree with....typically gays, other religions or political ideologies.

Incorrect. There are extremists in every group and to let them dictate the entire group is wrong.
Posted via Mobile Device

Wow, that's about all I can say about that. Just wow. ???

Nothing to see here, move along.

Afterhours is still trying to get his foot out of his mouth is all...
foot_in_mouth.jpg

:lol:

That professional army started as common men which I stated.
I also in parenthesis saved the long version.

At the time of the firing of the shot heard round the world trained militia were not numerous nor well practiced. Common folks with muskets who had killed for food but not for freedom.
The british simply did not allow folks to gather and practice these things as for sure it would have been seen as against the king because at the time there was no other 'enemy' they would have been practicing for.

Sure toward the end they were practiced and experienced having been trained by french generals and others but they started out as common folks who werent soldiers and when called they learned fast.

Blanca you are forgetting about The Frence and Indian War. It was fought in a large part by the colonists.

Dino in my first post in parenthesis I saved the long version.
Yes I am familair with this but it was mostly skirmishes along frontier territory.
You are correct this is where many gained valuable knolwledge later used but it was still not formal training anywhere near what the British had.

Also the French and Indian war was not 'countrywide' nor did it involve the numbers of volunteers as the Revolution.

Back