Important day in the USA and for the 2nd Amendment..

and afterhours I am staying strictly on the surface here.
As with politics and religion I aint gettin into any arguements or deep discussions

Whatever you say is right buddy.......:beerchug: :thumbsup: :bowdown:

i will not argue the courage or valor of these common men.....however, they were militia. they were trained, much more than todays gun toting civilian.....

as far as them winning a war, they did not. as a military force they were completely inept.

the battles of Lexington and Concorde were in fact an attempt by the British to confiscate the weapons and supplies of the Colonial Militia.

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

which militia do you belong to?
when do you train?

as with most things, people like to pick and choose, which parts they find important.

Their idea of a well regulated Militia was the citizenry itself.
Well regulated means properly equipped in their language time frame.

I belong to same militia, the American Citizen populace.

I shoot at least 2 sometimes 3-4 times a week. At least 300 rnds.
I shoot rifles at least once a month and have competed on 1000 yd ranges with open sight rifles .
I was a rangemaster for 8yrs and trained common folks off the street as well as officers who needed help outside of dept to qualify.

You my friend belong the Thomas Jeffersons mililtia and when we need you you I will have plenty of G&A for you.

I put my dollar on the fact that if Thomas Jefferson could speak he would say same.

You ask me questions.
I ask you one.
When was the last time you read 'The Federalist Papers' ,any work from any of the founding fathers or Ben Franklins writings on the matter ?

and ps......Have a nice day.....:thumbsup:
:lol:

not gonna argue...:banghead:

dont do it....:banghead:

:please:..help me....

:moon:

You keep mentioning training but at what point do you refer to ?
training from whom and when and where ?
As this was colonial America still occupied by British troops when did Americans gather and train and where ?

yes toward the end they were trained by exp and by superiors but in the beginning not much.

I agree with you that back then folks were more familiar with weapons and had more respect.
Now people are not as well apt with them but they can still shoot over there in the general direction of the 'enemy' and I will take them on my side anyday.

Their idea of a well regulated Militia was the citizenry itself.
Well regulated means properly equipped in their language time frame.

I belong to same militia, the American Citizen populace.

I shoot at least 2 sometimes 3-4 times a week. At least 300 rnds.
I shoot rifles at least once a month and have competed on 1000 yd ranges with open sight rifles .
I was a rangemaster for 8yrs and trained common folks off the street as well as officers who needed help outside of dept to qualify.

You my friend belong the Thomas Jeffersons mililtia and when we need you you I will have plenty of G&A for you.

I put my dollar on the fact that if Thomas Jefferson could speak he would say same.

You ask me questions.
I ask you one.
When was the last time you read 'The Federalist Papers' ,any work from any of the founding fathers or Ben Franklins writings on the matter ?

and ps......Have a nice day.....:thumbsup:
:lol:

not gonna argue...:banghead:

dont do it....:banghead:

:please:..help me....

:moon:

I enjoy a spirited discussion, we just see things differently..

:welcome:

I love just walking into a gun shop pointing to a pistol paying for it and walking out.:cheerleader:

You keep mentioning training but at what point do you refer to ?
training from whom and when and where ?
As this was colonial America still occupied by British troops when did Americans gather and train and where ?

yes toward the end they were trained by exp and by superiors but in the beginning not much.

I agree with you that back then folks were more familiar with weapons and had more respect.
Now people are not as well apt with them but they can still shoot over there in the general direction of the 'enemy' and I will take them on my side anyday.

my only point is that at the beginning of the war, the well meaning civilian did not do well on the battle field when facing a well trained army.

i believe that warriors are born, but soldiers are trained.

the battlefield is both chaotic and traumatic,sure lots of people can shoot, but it takes some training for most to learn how to function when the bullets are inbound.

the 2nd ammendment is more than just allowing you to own a gun...along with owning that gun i feel you should :

1. know how to use it
2. be in decent physical shape
3. understand basic concepts and strategies of small units tactics.

i know it may seem silly, but what good is a bunch of guys with rifles if they have no understanding of what too do with them. how are they going to protest us from an oppressive gov.?

Saying your trained for battle unless you've been in battle you would never know the level of your skill. Its like saying your a good fighter because you can beat up a punching bags. Only way to know is to be in a real situation. If you have that means your military and I mean no disrespect but I don't know any military types that talk this way about preparedness and etc. I have done drills and shot a lot of paper but its because I want to, not that ww3 is on the way and I "need to handle myself with bullets flying at me". An outdoorsman that knows nothing of "tactical" drills would probably last a lot longer than the paper warriors.
Posted via Mobile Device

Saying your trained for battle unless you've been in battle you would never know the level of your skill. Its like saying your a good fighter because you can beat up a punching bags. Only way to know is to be in a real situation. If you have that means your military and I mean no disrespect but I don't know any military types that talk this way about preparedness and etc. I have done drills and shot a lot of paper but its because I want to, not that ww3 is on the way and I "need to handle myself with bullets flying at me". An outdoorsman that knows nothing of "tactical" drills would probably last a lot longer than the paper warriors.
Posted via Mobile Device

nobody knows what they are going to during a "crisis" situation....even among the most well trained, but that kind is my point.

there is lots of talk in here about the 2nd ammendment, the right to keep and bear arms. but people forget about the first part.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State"

the second ammendment is not only about being able to own a gun. its about the people right to protect themselves from an oppressive goverment. to form militia and to train and oufit that militia.

I merely point out that having a rifle without the proper training to use it is pointless. the 2nd Ammendment of the US Constitution is more than just your right to buy a gun . Just like freedom of speech is much than just the ability to buy internet ****.

No disrespect to you Afterhours or support for our enemy but a bunch of ragtag
Taliban and insurgents with rifles are doing a decent job of keeping us busy over there.

Guys with rifles and no real training as you would envision have done very well inyrs past.
Its the motivation from inside that will determine the outcome.

Nobody has conquered the Afghan people for one reason.

They refuse to give in and would rather die than surrender.
Same as the Viet Cong.
Dropped bombs on them by the B52 load and it didnt stop them.

Well armed or well trained is no matter as the inner determination dictates the outcome.

Mattstang your are correct .
The average American hunter can and will last quite a while in the woods..

I saw the movie.....

WOLVERINES

there are many reasons why Taliban and insurgents are "keeping us busy" over there....and some political.

but are you really expecting the same determination from americans?

I AM HOPING NOT EXPECTING.

I do think that when and if God forbid something like we are discussing happens that the majority will wake up and act.

Look at the LA riots for an example.

A single event energized en mass a group of otherwise calm and ordinary citizens if you can call them that.
Within hours thousands were out in force doing their bidding.

In the same concept an event that might not even originate in this country may energize en mass the sleeping masses.

I dont think for a second that a citizen of America who speaks english will be the one knocking on our doors for confiscation.
They will be foreign troops who will wipe their you know whats with the constitution while they are dragging you out of your house.
UN troops or similar who will not care for the rights they trample nor will they have any experience living with those rights so it wont matter to them.
Just doing what a paid mercenary does. His job..

We may see in the future how prophetic Red Dawn was cuz like I said it will it if ever happens be foreign troops dropping out of the skies.
Our govt will have flown them in by commercial liner and they will drop and do the bidding of the employers.
It will be too diff to get our own police or troops to do that kind of work. It would be messy !

No I am not waiting for it..just ready....:thumbsup:

I'm guessing from this you don't and it speaks volumes on what's wrong with your perspective.
Posted via Mobile Device

most of the populace won't get off thier couches to vote....they let politicians, unions and corporations take thier jobs, thier homes and thier rights.

you expect them fight for thier country?

some would fight, but how many?

No disrespect to you Afterhours or support for our enemy but a bunch of ragtag
Taliban and insurgents with rifles are doing a decent job of keeping us busy over there.

Guys with rifles and no real training as you would envision have done very well inyrs past.
Its the motivation from inside that will determine the outcome.

Nobody has conquered the Afghan people for one reason.

They refuse to give in and would rather die than surrender.
Same as the Viet Cong.
Dropped bombs on them by the B52 load and it didnt stop them.

Well armed or well trained is no matter as the inner determination dictates the outcome.

Excellent point......

I'm guessing from this you don't and it speaks volumes on what's wrong with your perspective.
Posted via Mobile Device
There are a great many Americans who possess neither the will or strength required to fight off an invading force. We are, as a society, lazy, unhealthy, spoiled and greedy. Many people fantasize about defending their home and family like guys do in the movies, but the truth of the matter is that most guys who profess to be such badarses will back down so fast your head will spin.

the truth of the matter is that most guys who profess to be such badarses will back down so fast your head will spin.

Yep.

Like I said only way to know if you can do something is to do it then we'll see how much you wish to brag about preparedness on how to kill.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yep.

Like I said only way to know if you can do something is to do it then we'll see how much you wish to brag about preparedness on how to kill.
Posted via Mobile Device
Agreed. Most people don't have the stomach for it. Specially when the targets are shooting back!

Mr Brown you are right but the opposite side of your coin will have men women and children who have never fired a gun or own any rising up with a will to do something.
I see as you say many folks who talk won't walk but also many who are so moved as to show up at a friends house for rifle , shotgun and pistol , 2k rnds of ammo , some spaghettios and a kiss good luck....not that that's how it will be here....:laugh:
But I think the numbers will even out.

Also we are talking about things in the light that it is not happening outside in your yard or city.

Let a percieved by the masses enemy roll down my street and see how many IEDs they hit.
Would not fault any of you for planting a roadside bomb in your area to stop them either.
If God forbid as I say something really boils over the American citizen will prevail period.

Back