Gun Violence Death Rate in Chicago Worse then Afghanistan!

GNBRETT

Registered
228 homicides this year so far in Chicago for 2012.
144 killed in Afganistan so far in 2012.

Since 2001 5000 Murders have taken place in Chicago.
Since 2001 2000 Soldiers killed in Afghanistan.

Almost every murder with a Gun. Our system is broken and beyond repair. At what point does our country start changing its gun policies? I really have no idea what the solution is but the fact is our gun laws are a joke and it will only get worse as time goes on if some changes are not made. When a war zone like Afghanistan is seeing less DEATH then our own cities we as a country have a serious gun problem.

Homicide rate in C-town up 50% this year.

Do we build more prisons? Make the gun laws more strict by sentencing criminals to longer jail terms? I really dont know. People who use guns to shoot others could really care less about the consequences so punishment for gun offenses really isnt a viable solution unfortunately.

Its a good thing a 100 cops were assigned to protect a whitehouse advisor at a wedding in C-town recently. Thats certainly where C-town needs its cops assigned to right now.....:whistle:

More Americans Killed In Chicago Than In Afghanistan

Chicago Homicide Rate Worse Than Kabul, Up To 200 Police Assigned To High-Profile Wedding (VIDEO)

Does this area allow citizens to carry a firearm for protection? Or is it a criminal paradise since people cant protect themselves?

I think C-town has some pretty strict gun laws but it really wouldnt matter much anyway since most all of the killings are done by criminals killing criminals but im sure there have been quite a few innocent citizens struck by stray bullets.

so citizens being able to carry a gun would do virtually nothing to stop the killings cause most all are done by those who cannot carry legally anyway.

You cannot carry in the entire state of Illinois from what I have heard. Looks like it is working well for them there....

The difference is we have men losing there lives in Afghanistan which sucks. Thugs in Chicago, which is not considered a loss in my book

Guns or no guns, criminals will still be criminals. The confiscation/ destruction of weapons cannot foster a regard for human life in individuals. Sounds like a big societal problem.

I'm calling :bs:

Didn't you all know that Chicago is a gun-free zone?!?

Since there are no guns in Chicago, I surmise that these tales of violent shootings must be nothing more than a ploy by those still clinging to guns and religion. Surely you must know that this is but a ruse perpetrated by those pesky conservatives, and aimed at the progressive gun control efforts which were so wisely implemented by the leaders of the fair city of Chicago and the great state of Illinois.

Say it ain't so! :banghead:

All I know is I am glad I had a gun ready and loaded with Hornady Critical Defense rounds when some one broke into my garage trying to steal my Hayabusa. Strict gun laws will not take guns off the streets, just the residents of Illinois how well it is working out for them.

Criminals don’t care about gun laws so revising any law will have no effect except for the people that have them legally. Perhaps it’s time for stricter punishments for violators.

Criminals don’t care about gun laws so revising any law will have no effect except for the people that have them legally. Perhaps it’s time for stricter punishments for violators.

Agreed. Thugs will be thugs.

Anti-gun laws only serve to disarm law-abiding citizens who may be unable to defend themselves through other means.

This is interesting and I would offer the following: We are comparing apples to oranguatans... there are more American deaths in Chicago than Afghanistan - that may be a true statement, but it is misleading and sensationalized - it is drawing the point that it is more dangerous in Chicago than War - but by only counting the American deaths resulting from gunfire in Afghanistan - well, simply put, there are a lot of uncounted deaths. Also, since all deaths in Chicago are citizens (or at least assumed to be citizens) - then the American loss is high.

Chicago was anti-gun for what 28 or 29 years? Even after they changed the laws in 2010, they still prevented people with any sort of misdemeanor from legally obtaining firearms - which has just been strcuk down in Federal Court as unconstitutionally limiting 2nd Amendment rights without due casue.

Crime is awful, and murder is heinous - but I have to wonder about the statement, if guns are outlawed - only outlaws will have guns...
I may be speaking out of turn on this one, but I for one wish that every state was open carry...

It is also interesting to note that last sentance in the article... that the homicide rate has actually gone down over the last two years.

^^^^ What most of them said! You take guns from honest folks and you get more criminals! There are bad places everywhere in this country but the highest death by gun rate is the only state without a CCW? Come on coincidence???? I think Not! MC is correct open carry would help out with those issues!!!!!

Illinois is the only state that does not have a CC permit of any kind. I live and work 10 minutes from Chicago, it has been a big topic for the past few years. I am fortunate enough to carry 24/7 as a LEO.

Ok so. How about this. The guns were taken away from lawful citizens. Violence is up. What's the solution along this same path that discourages people from defending themselves. What do we do to get rid of the violence using the same logic of removing guns from lawful hands. I want to know what the next step is.

228 homicides this year so far in Chicago for 2012.
144 killed in Afganistan so far in 2012.

Since 2001 5000 Murders have taken place in Chicago.
Since 2001 2000 Soldiers killed in Afghanistan.

Almost every murder with a Gun. Our system is broken and beyond repair. At what point does our country start changing its gun policies? I really have no idea what the solution is but the fact is our gun laws are a joke and it will only get worse as time goes on if some changes are not made. When a war zone like Afghanistan is seeing less DEATH then our own cities we as a country have a serious gun problem.

Homicide rate in C-town up 50% this year.

Do we build more prisons? Make the gun laws more strict by sentencing criminals to longer jail terms? I really dont know. People who use guns to shoot others could really care less about the consequences so punishment for gun offenses really isnt a viable solution unfortunately.

Its a good thing a 100 cops were assigned to protect a whitehouse advisor at a wedding in C-town recently. Thats certainly where C-town needs its cops assigned to right now.....:whistle:

More Americans Killed In Chicago Than In Afghanistan

Chicago Homicide Rate Worse Than Kabul, Up To 200 Police Assigned To High-Profile Wedding (VIDEO)

I was reading up on Chicago a few weeks ago when like 45 people were shot in one weekend, one kid was just sitting on his porch with his family and died. They said the street gangs have started to splinter due to years of arrest of the top officers in the gangs, so where there was control and rules, it's now a power grab for territory and new gang factions popping up in close vicinity to others, mix that in with poverty, broken homes and a lot of mentally damaged young adults and you have the wild wild west. Criminals will find guns especially in such a hostile environment where you have to have one.

Unfortunately, theres gonna be a killing spree until Darwin reduces the herd (of gangbangers); eventually when enough of their friends die they will cool off.

What we get in this justice system is a slap on the had for this, a slap on the hand for that, until someone kill someone else and it's life in prison for murder.

Maybe, JUST MAYBE we ought to think about what we can do to the first offenders that might prevent them from doing it again. I recommend 10 lashes. Pain avoidance therapy works.

I think the best way to fix Chicago is to wage a war on the social problems that lead people to join the gangs or engage in criminal activity. The government should do very little of the work since it screws up almost everything it touches. The problems are very complex and will be difficult to fix, but it can be done. Just going after gang bangers and other criminals will do next to nothing because they have already committed themselves to a criminal lifestyle (not saying they can't stop). Programs like Harlem Children's Zone are one good example of helping to stop the cycle. I also think overworked and lazy parents are one of the biggest problems since they aren't able to or don't care about parenting their kids, leaving the kids to raise themselves.

Most THUGS think they are real bad asses. I wish you could round them all up send them to Afghanistan and let them have at it with those people. I bet the would all crawl under any rock they could fine when people are shooting back at them. Most of them are COWARDS and will not run up on someone that can protect them selfs. JMO

the problem I see is that criminals get guns them from those who can buy guns legally. I really dont know what the solution is but no one is robbing anyone with a bat, nor car jacking ppl with knives.

at what point do we as a society recognize the obvious that our gun control in this country has no control. yea I understand if you outlaw guns outlaws will be the only ones with guns. but how do we address the problem at hand?

its just hard to look at a country like Japan that has 125 million people with about 30 homicides and America who has about 264 million people with 16,000 homicides.

70% of our countries homicides are committed by guns.

Guns deaths in our country exceed automobile deaths. there is something fundamentally wrong with that.

but chit Mexico has very strict gun laws and has terrible gun violence. probably not a fair comparison since I really dont consider Mexico a civilized nation but gun violence in our country continues to get worse not better. at what point do we try something different to combat the problem? I really dont know.

Back