Proof that stricter gun laws work. NOT!!!!!

Lurch

The milkman cometh!!!
Donating Member
Registered
This was emailed to me by a friend who lives in Chicago.

Read this and explain it to me if you can please.

Chicago: 446 school age children shot so far this year with strongest gun
laws in the country media silent

By Clash Daily / 19 December 2012 /
The cesspool known as Chicago probably has the toughest gun laws in the
country, yet despite all the shootings, murders, and bloodshed, you never
hear a peep about this from the corrupt state run media. In Chicago,
there have been 446 school age children shot in leftist utopia run by
Rahm Emanuel and that produced Obama, Jesse Jackson, Louis Farrakhan,
etc. 62 school aged children have actually been killed by crazed nuts in
Chicago so far this year with almost two weeks to go. So why isnt this
news worthy? Is it because it would embarrass those anti second amendment
nuts who brag about Chicagos tough gun laws? Is it because most of the
kids who were shot and killed were minorities? Or is it because the
corrupt media doesnt want to show Chicago in a bad light?
THE LIST OF MURDERED SCHOOL AGE CHILDREN 2012
18 YEARS OLD- 15
17 YEARS OLD- 16
16 YEARS OLD- 16
15 YEARS OLD- 6
14 YEARS OLD- 4
13 YEARS OLD- 2
12 YEARS OLD- 1
7 YEARS OLD- 1
6 YEARS OLD- 1
446 School Age Children Shot in Chicago so Far This Year
THE LIST OF SCHOOL AGE CHILDREN SHOT IN 2012
18 year old- 110
17 year old- 99
16 year old- 89
15 year old- 62
14 year old- 39
13 year old- 21
12 year old- 10
11 year old- 2
10 year old- 3
9 year old- 1
7 year old- 3
6 year old- 2
5 year old- 1
4 year old- 1
3 year old- 1
1 year old- 2
So why isnt this news worthy?

Shhhh, you are interruption Diane Finesteins train of thought...

having "stricter" gun laws in one state or city means absolutely nothing cause the guns would and do come from states where gun laws are lax. we dont have border check-points at every state.....:whistle: so a particular state having strict gun laws is worthless since all our our highways are interstate highways.

"Stricter" gun laws has been proven to do little to stop gun violence. either outlaw them everywhere or do nothing. there is no middle ground considering criminals arent going into gun stores to purchase their guns legally. they get them from gun owners who have bought their guns legally.

Lurch, this list is disturbing and sad. Thanks for posting it.

:soapbox: I'm thinking if this is indeed a factual story, I'll send the item, with the pertinent facts, to all of my state's elected officials(State and Federal level) and voice my concerns on any upcoming legislation directly related to any bans or restrictions. I believe a few procedural changes may be needed, but that's already been covered in other threads here. I would like to see more focus on enforcement or strengthening existing laws, as far as criminal activity involving firearms. Simply setting up law abiding citizens for slaughter(metaphor) just will not work, or even succeed.

There was already a posting listing how to obtain your elected officials e-mail, physical mail address, etc.....I truly believe folks should notify their reps with clear and concise information regarding your wishes concerning gun control, regardless of which side of the issue you are on. Inflammatory messages probably will not get past the initial readers though; keep it classy! :2cents:

Last edited:
This was emailed to me by a friend who lives in Chicago.

Read this and explain it to me if you can please.

Chicago: 446 school age children shot so far this year with strongest gun
laws in the country media silent

By Clash Daily / 19 December 2012 /
The cesspool known as Chicago probably has the toughest gun laws in the
country, yet despite all the shootings, murders, and bloodshed, you never
hear a peep about this from the corrupt state run media. In Chicago,
there have been 446 school age children shot in leftist utopia run by
Rahm Emanuel and that produced Obama, Jesse Jackson, Louis Farrakhan,
etc. 62 school aged children have actually been killed by crazed nuts in
Chicago so far this year with almost two weeks to go. So why isnt this
news worthy?
Is it because it would embarrass those anti second amendment
nuts who brag about Chicagos tough gun laws? Is it because most of the
kids who were shot and killed were minorities?
Or is it because the
corrupt media doesnt want to show Chicago in a bad light?
THE LIST OF MURDERED SCHOOL AGE CHILDREN 2012
18 YEARS OLD- 15
17 YEARS OLD- 16
16 YEARS OLD- 16
15 YEARS OLD- 6
14 YEARS OLD- 4
13 YEARS OLD- 2
12 YEARS OLD- 1
7 YEARS OLD- 1
6 YEARS OLD- 1
446 School Age Children Shot in Chicago so Far This Year
THE LIST OF SCHOOL AGE CHILDREN SHOT IN 2012
18 year old- 110
17 year old- 99
16 year old- 89
15 year old- 62
14 year old- 39
13 year old- 21
12 year old- 10
11 year old- 2
10 year old- 3
9 year old- 1
7 year old- 3
6 year old- 2
5 year old- 1
4 year old- 1
3 year old- 1
1 year old- 2
So why isnt this news worthy?

Your welcome.

having "stricter" gun laws in one state or city means absolutely nothing cause the guns would and do come from states where gun laws are lax. we dont have border check-points at every state.....:whistle: so a particular state having strict gun laws is worthless since all our our highways are interstate highways.

"Stricter" gun laws has been proven to do little to stop gun violence. either outlaw them everywhere or do nothing. there is no middle ground considering criminals arent going into gun stores to purchase their guns legally. they get them from gun owners who have bought their guns legally.

So what you are saying is that criminals will get the guns no matter what the law says? If the very place that guns are banned had a much higher rate of homicide by firearm then I can only come up with a few explainations...

1. Gun laws in that state are ineffective.
2. The states that have open carry that have a much lower homicide rate with a firearm should be looked at for best practices
3. The folks that live in Chicago are not quite up to the evolution of the California folks that have Evolved into something better....
4. Guns might not be the problem... Maybe we should focus our attention on the root cause and not the symptomatic effect.

If we have one obvious center for concern here it would appear to be cities......, allot of them. I don't think our leaders have a clue, but my instincts are along the lines of "idle hands". All of this social do gooding that we dump into these s#it holes and look at the results, these people have no lives, no hopes, and no futures. Civil libetarians have things just the way they want them, but "be careful what you ask for", you might just get it". We need to start something modeled after the old "CCC camps" or something and get people meaningful activity and the basis for self respect. I can think of quite a few projects that could be completed through this type of approach, a win-win approach. Oh, I'd be violating their liberties, they just want checks, or do we just need leaders with a clue?

If we have one obvious center for concern here it would appear to be cities......, allot of them. I don't think our leaders have a clue, but my instincts are along the lines of "idle hands". All of this social do gooding that we dump into these s#it holes and look at the results, these people have no lives, no hopes, and no futures. Civil libetarians have things just the way they want them, but "be careful what you ask for", you might just get it". We need to start something modeled after the old "CCC camps" or something and get people meaningful activity and the basis for self respect. I can think of quite a few projects that could be completed through this type of approach, a win-win approach. Oh, I'd be violating their liberties, they just want checks, or do we just need leaders with a clue?

Sir that is preposterous..... You are trying to root cause the problem, we would rather have a superficial solution...

Your logic is flawed because drugs are illegal everywhere yet still available everywhere. Trying to say that because laws are more lax elsewhere is the reason Chicago is awash in guns doesn't work. And trying to say that if the law was as strict as Chicago everywhere there would be less gun crimes is a pipe dream.

Your logic is flawed because drugs are illegal everywhere yet still available everywhere. Trying to say that because laws are more lax elsewhere is the reason Chicago is awash in guns doesn't work. And trying to say that if the law was as strict as Chicago everywhere there would be less gun crimes is a pipe dream.

Prisons are pretty tight about preventing inmates from getting a hold of weapons and drugs,yet still they exist inside? How does anyone expect anyone who will have little regard for the law worry about stricter laws?

nice try but illegal drugs dont walk into elementary schools and kill 20 first graders do they....:whistle:

im not saying lax gun laws are the reason C-town sees lots a gun violence. im saying unless they are outlawed everywhere its useless to think any one paticular area is going to be rid of gun violence because the LOCAL gun laws are strict. that has obviously been PROVEN not to work.

let me ask you this? if guns were outlawed say (50) years ago with minimum mandatory sentences of 20 years if caught with a gun do you think TODAY we would be seeing more or less gun violence in our society?

nice try but illegal drugs dont walk into elementary schools and kill 20 first graders do they....:whistle:

im not saying lax gun laws are the reason C-town sees lots a gun violence. im saying unless they are outlawed everywhere its useless to think any one paticular area is going to be rid of gun violence because the LOCAL gun laws are strict. that has obviously been PROVEN not to work.

let me ask you this? if guns were outlawed say (50) years ago with minimum mandatory sentences of 20 years if caught with a gun do you think TODAY we would be seeing more or less gun violence in our society?

nice try but illegal drugs dont walk into elementary schools and kill 20 first graders do they

Absolutely they do, they destroy lives every day just not as news worthy or in such a dramatic fashion...

if guns were outlawed say (50) years ago with minimum mandatory sentences of 20 years if caught with a gun do you think TODAY we would be seeing more or less gun violence in our society

If we cut off every mans penis when he was 14 dont you think we could stop all sexually transmitted diseases, unwanted pregnancies and overcrowding?

Absolutely they do, they destroy lives every day just not as news worthy or in such a dramatic fashion...
nice try but not even close. when someone decides to use drugs (other then alcohol and drinkn n drivn) they only destroy themselves. yea I know the whole family breakdown and all the other BS that comes with it is sad but that's not what were debating here so try to stay on point here capt.

if someone wants to shoot heroin into their veins and stop their heart it will have ZERO impact on me. but, if someone wants to shoot a gun at me if will have a HUGE impact on me if the bullet penetrates my heart.:poke:

nice try but not even close. when someone decides to use drugs (other then alcohol and drinkn n drivn) they only destroy themselves. yea I know the whole family breakdown and all the other BS that comes with it is sad but that's not what were debating here so try to stay on point here capt.

if someone wants to shoot heroin into their veins and stop their heart it will have ZERO impact on me. but, if someone wants to shoot a gun at me if will have a HUGE impact on me if the bullet penetrates my heart.:poke:

And you really work the streets? As one cop to another you my friend live in a fantasy world.... What do you think those gangs are killing each other, why do you think people commit armed robbery? To pay for habits they can't afford.

And you really work the streets? As one cop to another you my friend live in a fantasy world.... What do you think those gangs are killing each other, why do you think people commit armed robbery? To pay for habits they can't afford.
really? most armed robberies are from drug addicts? im not sure where you get that information from but thats not even remotely close to being factual.

criminals commit armed robberies because its easy money that they dont have to work for it and its easier to just pull out a GUN and point it at someone. and most armed robbery suspect are never even cought cause their long gone before the police arrive on scene. hardly evidence of drug addicts who would be lucky to run 10 feet without falling over....:whistle:

I dont know what streets you worked but in my 17 years of LE the armed robbery suspects that I or anyone else that I work with chase hardened criminals with long rap sheets NOT drug addicts that can hardly run a block without falling down.

so im not sure what fantasy world your living in but the majority of robbery suspects are simply hardened criminals that prey on easy victims.

the gangs kill each other with GUNS because the drug trade is very profitable NOT because the gangs are drug addicts. where do you get this stuff from???? maybe you worked in some sleepy bedroom town but in the REAL world of crime armed robberies take place with criminals who chose the easiest target.

crack-heads dont commit car-jackings so they can get high in the car they stole or sell the car for drug money. they commit car-jackings so they can commit other robberies.

really? most armed robberies are from drug addicts? im not sure where you get that information from but thats not even remotely close to being factual.

criminals commit armed robberies because its easy money that they dont have to work for it and its easier to just pull out a GUN and point it at someone. and most armed robbery suspect are never even cought cause their long gone before the police arrive on scene. hardly evidence of drug addicts who would be lucky to run 10 feet without falling over....:whistle:

I dont know what streets you worked but in my 17 years of LE the armed robbery suspects that I or anyone else that I work with chase hardened criminals with long rap sheets NOT drug addicts that can hardly run a block without falling down.

so im not sure what fantasy world your living in but the majority of robbery suspects are simply hardened criminals that prey on easy victims.

the gangs kill each other with GUNS because the drug trade is very profitable NOT because the gangs are drug addicts. where do you get this stuff from???? maybe you worked in some sleepy bedroom town but in the REAL world of crime armed robberies take place with criminals who chose the easiest target.

crack-heads dont commit car-jackings so they can get high in the car they stole or sell the car for drug money. they commit car-jackings so they can commit other robberies.

I live and worked in the meth capital of the US... I saw it, I worked it I know it.... So what I hear you telling me regardless of my experience is that no matter what we do with the laws criminals are going to have guns..... Maybe it's time you get out of law enforcement and see the world as a citizen again....

crack-heads dont commit car-jackings so they can get high in the car they stole or sell the car for drug money. they commit car-jackings so they can commit other robberies.[/QUOTE/]

Prime example of why I as a citizen should be allowed a gun to protect myself since you admitted that you can't and you can't catch the criminals.

Sorrry you can't have it both ways. I am using the words you yourself wrote.

So, lets say they are banned everywhere on a given date. Will you turn ALL your guns, both on and off duty on that exact same day too?

So lets increase the criminals ability to prey on "Easy" victims! Sure! Let me run and turn in my firearm for the criminals benefit! Wouldn't it make more sense to Make less easy targets?

Back