You get what you vote for Chicago

skydivr

Jumps from perfectly good Airplanes
Donating Member
It just amazes me the stupidity of some people..hasn't worked in 8 months..nobody can find him, yet he's STILL re-elected..why am I not surprised? Chicago politics at his finest. When we select people like this to represent us, is there any question why this country is so screwed up?

Jackson, who was easily re-elected to Congress on November 6, may have to resign his seat and serve time.

CHICAGO - Amid reports that he may have misused campaign funds, Illinois congressman Jesse Jackson Jr. has hired a lawyer to handle negotiations with the federal government on possible plea deal in which he would resign from the House of Representatives and spend time in prison, media said.
CBS 2 television reported on Saturday and Fox News Chicago on Monday, citing an unnamed source, that Jackson hired Dan Webb, a former U.S. attorney in Chicago who represents defendants in high-profile corruption cases to represent the 47-year-old lawmaker.
Both reports said Jackson, who was easily re-elected to Congress on November 6, may have to resign his seat and serve time in prison under terms of the deal being negotiated.
Webb and a spokesman for Jackson did not immediately respond to requests for comment from Reuters.
Last week, the Chicago Sun-Times reported that Jackson was under investigation for allegedly misusing campaign funds to decorate his home and to buy a $40,000 Rolex watch for a female friend. Reuters has not confirmed the report.
Jackson, the son of civil rights activist and former presidential candidate Jesse Jackson, was treated for at least six weeks at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota, this summer for bipolar disorder, a psychological condition marked by extreme mood swings. He has been on medical leave from the House since June and has not been seen in public.
In addition to his health issues, Jackson has been the subject of a House ethics committee probe over an alleged bribe offered by a Jackson supporter in 2008 to then Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich.
The bribe was said to be intended to entice Blagojevich to appoint Jackson to the Senate seat vacated by President Barack Obama. Jackson has admitted to lobbying for the seat, but denied knowing about any money offered to Blagojevich, who has since been convicted on corruption charges and imprisoned.
In October, several newspapers, including the Chicago Sun-Times and the New York Times, reported that Jackson was being investigated by the FBI for possibly misusing campaign money. The FBI would not confirm the reports.

I as SO GLAD he has to resign !!! His re-election was a total crock...... no matter which party you agree with you have to agree that this was crap! I was more pissed off about this than Obama being re-elected.

I reeeeeeaallly hope he goes to jail but I think we all know that the current political climate means that he'll get off with just a slap on the wrist.

Jr. is not the only one Pennsylvania ave. that should be going to jail. You'd need a box car for enough room to load them all for a trip to the pokey.

Jr. is not the only one Pennsylvania ave. that should be going to jail. You'd need a box car for enough room to load them all for a trip to the pokey.

Agree, and not going to say it's not limited to one party, either. IF we could ever get people up there that had real morals and character (in BOTH parties) I think the country would be in a much better place than it is today. Absolute power corrupts absolutely....

It just amazes me the stupidity of some people..hasn't worked in 8 months..nobody can find him, yet he's STILL re-elected..why am I not surprised? Chicago politics at his finest. When we select people like this to represent us, is there any question why this country is so screwed up?

Yep, I agree it's a total joke, but one has to understand the election base in Chicago, to understand why he got elected.

About the country being screwed-up, I only became a proud citizen in 2006, after having lived, worked and done business just about everywhere. The US is very far from screwed-up in comparison, we just don't fully appreciate what we have here. That, plus respect, especially for those who are to lead the nation (whether it was our personal democratic choice or not) are the biggest opportunities IMHO.

I would be willing to bet he never spends a day in jail.

And how about the representative that got caught taking bribes and ran for re-election? He only won by 80% of the vote???

That would be Charlie Rangel of Harlem....and I posted practically same post about him, too...

People talk about how corrupt our politicians are, but when they hit the voting booth, they forget all that and re-elect them all!

If it were not for my job, I would leave IL and move to Texas

Back