You live in Chicago if.....

FastBusa

Donating Member
Registered
I have now lived 31 years in Texas, but grew up in Chicago. I love Texas and now would never leave but I remember fondly all these things:

You live in Chicago . .

If your local Dairy Queen is closed from September through May, you live in Chicago .

If someone in a Home Depot store offers you assistance and they don't work there, you live in Chicago.

If you've worn shorts and a parka at the same time, you live in Chicago .

If you've had a lengthy telephone conversation with someone who dialed a wrong number, you live in Chicago.

If "Vacation" means going anywhere south of I-80 for the weekend, you live in Chicago .

If you measure distance in hours, you live in Chicago .

If you call the living room the front room, you live in Chicago .

If you have switched from "heat" to "A/C" in the same day and back again, you live in Chicago .

If you can drive 75 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you live in Chicago .

If you carry jumpers in your car and your wife knows how to use them, you live in Chicago .

If you design your kid's Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit, you live in Chicago .

If the speed limit on the highway is 55 mph -- you're going 80 and everybody is passing you, you live in Chicago .

If driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with snow, you live in Chicago .

If you know all 4 seasons: almost winter, winter, still winter and road construction, you live in Chicago .

If you have more miles on your snow blower than your car, you live in Chicago .

If you find 10 degrees "a little chilly", you live in Chicago .

If you actually understand these jokes, and forward them to all your Chicago friends & others, you live or have lived in Chicago .

Sounds like Ohio
beerchug.gif

I moved from the southside 14 tears ago. I now live in California. All of the
things mentioned I have done..... But:

I don't miss having too wake up 2 hours early to shovel my car out only to have the snowplow drive by and block it in again.

I don't miss having to put hot charcoal under my oil pan to warm the oil so my car will turn over.

I don't miss layering clothes just to keep warm. I remember having to wear 3 pair of socks.....

But there is also a long list of things I miss......

Does any one remember Ray Rainer? I grew up watching him every morning, all my pre adult life.
beerchug.gif

"If you know all 4 seasons: almost winter, winter, still winter and road construction, you live in Chicago"

jump9.gif

Back