road rage incident

no marbles for me , but i have talked with a few guys who have a pocket full , i just seem not to attract these kinda people ! maybe just goin too fast? probably a bad idea ?

I grabbed the top of the  window with both hands and forced it back down.  Talk about road rage!!  If it wasn't for several people coming up behind me and pulling me back, there is no telling what I would have done.
Ummm, snapped off a piece of the window and cut her throat with it, I'm guessing?...
crazy.gif
I'm really a laid back, mello kind of person.  Rear end me while I'm stopped at a light...............Cause me to do a backflip onto the hood of your car??? Then tell me my bike is blocking the road and I need to move it?
rock.gif
 SHEEEEEEEEEEIT!!!!  Road rage, no. Temporary insanity, hell YA!! My tailbone still isn't right. I'm not much for law suites but I should have sued the..............lady.

<!--EDIT|FL Knifemaker
Reason for Edit: None given...|1112672578 -->

Sounds like you handled it pretty well................I might have come unglued a little earlier in the scenario........glad everything turned out the way it did.
smile.gif

I think you're right...........he was expecting a teeny bopper to get off the bike, then he could talk to his parents!!!!
wow.gif
blush.gif

What a maroon!
laugh.gif
Not So! What if this guy had a gun? His age 55! Dead men tell no tales! Yes, you don't lead him to your house, but going to his car in a RAGE wasn't good. He lives to tell the judge " Your honor I'm 55 and he was in a Rage! You are silent!
Please be safe on the road fellas. We live in a crazy time these days.
Just my opinion.
Excellent advice. Although I wasn't in a "rage". I was just pissed off. Al least his window was down and I didn't have to "open" it with my timax gloves.
smile.gif
I probably looking back should have just lost him as soon as he followed me out of the nieghborhood, but I would almost rather get shot than look at myself in the mirror everyday thinking this jerkoff ran me off. I'm serious. It's like if you pull a gun on me you are going to A) kill me or B) eat it.

<!--EDIT|diesel
Reason for Edit: None given...|1112736597 -->

smile.gif

I thought you handled it very well.  Give the guy and yourself every chance to avoid a "real" altercation, but when he won't back down, you've got to call his bluff.  Especially when your family may be coming into the picture.  Frankly, I'm amazed at your restraint leading up to the confrontation.
+1, anyone that wants to follow me to my house really wants to see some old fashion dirty south "homeland protection"!

I just don't get what was up this dude's ass. I passed him going pretty fast but nowhere near his car and in no way did I cut him off. At least the freak didn't side-swipe me or run into me. Just look out when you're riding around out there, these people are everywhere.Anyway, he's lucky it was me and not my wife-she WOULD have kicked his ass!
D --

You have to remember that he just got passed like he was standing still by a vehicle that cost 1/4 of what his did!
biggrin.gif

Sounds like you handled it pretty well................I might have come unglued a little earlier in the scenario........glad everything turned out the way it did.
smile.gif

I think you're right...........he was expecting a teeny bopper to get off the bike, then he could talk to his parents!!!!
wow.gif
blush.gif

What a maroon!
laugh.gif
Not So! What if this guy had a gun? His age 55! Dead men tell no tales! Yes, you don't lead him to your house, but going to his car in a RAGE wasn't good. He lives to tell the judge " Your honor I'm 55 and he was in a Rage! You are silent!
Please be safe on the road fellas. We live in a crazy time these days.
Just my opinion.
Excellent advice. Although I wasn't in a "rage". I was just pissed off. Al least his window was down and I didn't have to "open" it with my timax gloves.  
smile.gif
 I probably looking back should have just lost him as soon as he followed me out of the nieghborhood, but I would almost rather get shot than look at myself in the mirror everyday thinking this jerkoff ran me off. I'm serious. It's like if you pull a gun on me you are going to A) kill me  or B) eat it.
I'm glad it turned out ok for you. Stay safe. He was definitley a maroon.

smile.gif

BAH Here comes the safety patrol...

You shoulda punched his window... Really HARD... It's theraputic...

Diesel -

Heat of the moment and all. I think it should have been handled just a little differently..

Mind you, I don't know if I would have had the frame of mind. But, when he said he was a police officer.. you should have asked him to see his badge or other identification. And if he couldn't have provided one, at that point I would assume he was NOT a police officer and he was trying to intimidate you. at which point you could have taken his license number down, and got his description and reported him to the police immediately.
If you had a cell phone you should have told the guy "ok, lets get a uniform officer out here" And dialed 911.

At the least he I think the police could have arrested him for impersonating a police officer.

I think there probably could have been a few other charges along with it for following you home.

I would still report it. You know the kind of car, and you have a description. I would report him to the police. Because if he was a police officer and he threw that card out there, you would not have gotten away with snatching a pen out of his hand. By doing so, you would have taken it to the next level and I think most police officer would have jumped out and identified themselves. And then you probably would have been in a world of hurt.

So I doubt he was one. And I believe that is a pretty serious offense to identify yourself as a peace officer if you are not one..

If he was a police officer, he either knew in his heart he was wrong, or he was a complete pussy. (i.e. trying to intimidate someone then backing off when their bluff is called ).

Call the police up and report the incident and provide the best description you have.

Just tell them the whole story and tell them when you were getting on the freeway you were ahead of the guy and it didn’t make sense for you to slow down to merge, he wasn’t letting you in so you sped up to merge on to the freeway and the guy seemed to get pissed.

I don’t see you at fault in any way and I don’t think the police would either.
Heyyy!! I didn't know that we could say "pu$$y" and get away with it...
laugh.gif
tounge.gif
wink.gif

You know....

A helmet makes a pretty spider web like mark when it is swung into a window or windshield. Call it beautification.

Chris

Back