Incident at the park...

BusaBill

Donating Member
Registered
I have a Chow Chow named Tank that I take to the state park whenever the weather permits. In PA, we have a leash law that requires dog owners to keep their dogs on a leash at all times but it never fails that some idiot walks their dog in the park with no leash around dozens of children and other dogs. So, I'm getting ready to leave the park and I'm walking to the car and here comes this couple walking towards me with this yellow lab, not on a leash and I can already see what's about to happen. Here comes this yellow lab, charges at my dog and attacks it. Instinctively I pulled my dog back on it's leash and put myself between them but the unrestrained dog just kept circling us trying to bite my dog. The owner did finally gain control of his dog and my dog didn't get hurt at all but the point is, what if it would have bitten me, or a child or if I would have had a dog a little less capable of defending itself? I should have just let my dog go to do his thing but then again, I'd probably get sued...that's all I need is to have to pay for some idiot's vet bills to put his lab back together again. Just had to vent that because it really pissed me off. Funny part was, there happened to be a little old lady driving by and she stopped her car and said to the guy "if that was my baby, I'd kill you!"

There are leash laws for a reason! Guess some folks don't think they apply to them or that their dog won't attack anybody or anything! That dog probably deserved to have it's azz kicked. Maybe next time it won't try to play big dog!

That dog probably deserved to have it's azz kicked.  Maybe next time it won't try to play big dog!
Come on BigBS, I know you don't really think that.
wink.gif
The poor dog didn't know any better, it just hasn't been trained to know how to act. It's the dog's owners that need their asses kicked! Maybe they would then train their dog and there wouldn't be a next time.
biggrin.gif

Need not worry bb04, if your dog was on a leash and the other dog not. You could of let your dog chew up that lab and not get sued. You were in the right, you would be able to sue them god forbid your dog got hurt.

I can't say anything...we fenced our entire back yard in to house two Great Danes, and some neighbors insist on putting food out for them every night, so they eventually just started digging until they got out...

My neighbors now know a few things about those two big dogs down the street...yes, they bark and it's intimidating, but if you say "BOO!", they run!

And they really, really like carrying smaller dogs around in their mouths...I'd charge the owners a taxi fee, but hey, I'm a nice gal!

Sorry about the incident...leash laws are there for a reason, and owners need to be more conscientious...

You showed good control.

I had to Shetland Sheep Dogs years ago, Liter mates brothrers. The wee extremely sat dogs and knew there yard borders. They would not go 1 inch out of the yard. The neighbor at that time had a huge Alaskan Samoid tied on the property, next to my 4 acres on the back border. One day the Alaskan broke his leash and ran in my yard and attacked Gent (Gentle Breeze) he was screaming. Blood was flowing from both dogs, but the Alaska had the upper paw. The other Sheltie Stormy (Stormy Wind) was on the other side of the property and beat me to getting to the fight. Stormy ran like a tornado and jumped in the air knocking off the Alaskan. I never seen anything like this. Shelties are not herders they were used to attack wolves protecting sheep. Let me tll you what a mess. Stormy got a hold of the Alaskans tail and Gent got up and had a hold of the Alaskans throat. This was not going to be good so I ran out to break it up with a wate hose. Just as I did the Alaskan ran back to its yard and went in to its dog house. Stormy and Gent took off after it, and then stoped dead at their border. THAT DOG NEVR BARKED AT THEM AGAIN. None of the dogs were hurt real bad, few stitches for Gent 5 or 6 if I reember correct. Alaskan had 12. I miss those dogs, they were so smart, it was unreal.

The point of all this is people who have dogs, need to follow the rules, leash, yards, non-vicious animals etc. I really get mad when I see animals that are not in control. Like you said childen, other animals and adults could be hurt.

Oh,and by-th-way,Stormy and Gent lived long happy lives. Gent died at age 21 Stormy died of age 21.1 which was 1 month afte his brother.

That dog probably deserved to have it's azz kicked.  Maybe next time it won't try to play big dog!
Come on BigBS, I know you don't really think that.
wink.gif
The poor dog didn't know any better, it just hasn't been trained to know how to act. It's the dog's owners that need their asses kicked! Maybe they would then train their dog and there wouldn't be a next time.
biggrin.gif
You're right, BT, I don't think that! The owners were clearly at fault in this case.

Back