road rage incident

diesel

Registered
I was out for a ride saturday. On the way home a couple miles from my house, the 2 lanes going northbound I was in start to merge into one. There is a bmw z-3 in the left lane and I am in the right. My lane ends up ahead and merges into his. I fly by him pretty quick, PLENTY of room, and get ahead of him. I didn't cut him off at all. I guess this upsets the guy in the car because when I slow down to the speed limit when I come up on traffic ahead of me, this guy is ON TOP of me! He follows me within about a foot of my tire doing 55 or so! I come up to my gated subdivision entrance and it's closed. The guy is parked behind me. I don't know who this is or what he's planning so I do a quick circle and get behind his car. So Now the gate is open and he's just waiting there. Finally, I go around him after a while and he starts following me. Now I know something is going to go down here. I'm definately not letting this guy follow me home so I take a couple other streets and come back out the back gate. He follows me the whole time. So now I'm really pissed off. This dude thinks he's going to follow me to MY F-ING HOUSE??? So after he follows me out the gate, I let it close behind him and the stand is coming down! I get off the bike, flip up my helmet and start yelling to this dude " OK, M.F.! Here I am, now what?!!" I guess he hadn't thought his plan thru because he's not talking or getting out now that he see's he's not scaring some 17 year old on a sportbike. I storm up to his window and I swear I had every intention of pulling his ass onto the street thru his window, but now there's families and kids walking out of the park right by us watching. The driver is some bald guy about 55. I'm yelling in his face what the F is your problem!? Finally he squeeks out " I'm a police officer and you are being reported." I reach in and rip the pen out of his hand and I'm like " not with this M.Fer." And throw it across his hood. He just stares at his hands astonished like the puss he is and does......nothing. I just lookes at him all disgusted and take off.

Yes, he could have done this and he might have done that-save it. When some lunatic follows you to your house and family what would you do???

Pretty much what you did.

I suspect a cop would have reported you on his own time and would not have terrorized you by following you around town. In fact, come to think of it, following you around town like that and up to your home is pretty effed up.

Having said all that, as much as you'd like to punch a guy out, remember that if you do, YOU will be the one sitting in jail with assault charges. Keep that thought in mind. About the best you can do is write down his plate number and report HIM.

--Wag--

Sounds like you handled it pretty well................I might have come unglued a little earlier in the scenario........glad everything turned out the way it did.
smile.gif

I think you're right...........he was expecting a teeny bopper to get off the bike, then he could talk to his parents!!!!
wow.gif
blush.gif

What a maroon!
laugh.gif

Diesel -

Heat of the moment and all. I think it should have been handled just a little differently..

Mind you, I don't know if I would have had the frame of mind. But, when he said he was a police officer.. you should have asked him to see his badge or other identification. And if he couldn't have provided one, at that point I would assume he was NOT a police officer and he was trying to intimidate you. at which point you could have taken his license number down, and got his description and reported him to the police immediately.
If you had a cell phone you should have told the guy "ok, lets get a uniform officer out here" And dialed 911.

At the least he I think the police could have arrested him for impersonating a police officer.

I think there probably could have been a few other charges along with it for following you home.

I would still report it. You know the kind of car, and you have a description. I would report him to the police. Because if he was a police officer and he threw that card out there, you would not have gotten away with snatching a pen out of his hand. By doing so, you would have taken it to the next level and I think most police officer would have jumped out and identified themselves. And then you probably would have been in a world of hurt.

So I doubt he was one. And I believe that is a pretty serious offense to identify yourself as a peace officer if you are not one..

If he was a police officer, he either knew in his heart he was wrong, or he was a complete pussy. (i.e. trying to intimidate someone then backing off when their bluff is called ).

Call the police up and report the incident and provide the best description you have.

Just tell them the whole story and tell them when you were getting on the freeway you were ahead of the guy and it didn’t make sense for you to slow down to merge, he wasn’t letting you in so you sped up to merge on to the freeway and the guy seemed to get pissed.

I don’t see you at fault in any way and I don’t think the police would either.

That's good advice-in theory. I don't know what kind of experience you have had with the law but mine has been pretty negative. I have posted here before about how it works here in Fl.: I had a woman damn near run me over coming home a while back, driving like an idiot. I got the tag, address( she lived one street over), car dscript., everything. When I reported it, they talked to me like I was a criminal.They told me unless an officer sees it go down then I can pretty much shove it, and tough luck. Really nastily put to me, too. So I'm not wasting my dime.
I knew this dude either wasn't a cop or at least not anymore from the shady way he acted. I would have told the cops he said it and he would have denied it and that's as far as it would have gone. Anyway, I'm happy I got to adjust this guys attitude, and make him leave feeling like a little b-i-t-c-h.. I'm over it, just sharing a good story.
With all the sh!t that goes down around here everyday in Fl between the kids getting murdered and the freaks on the news everyday, if you try to run me over and follow me around, come to my house....be prepared to get your head split.

That sucks.

The only places I have really had any experience with law enforcement was in Beaufort SC, Arizona, Nevada and California. Most of the experiences I have had have been good ones. guess I am just lucky.

Of course where I am at now, I know the DA, the assistant DA and lots of sheriffs, Highway patrol and local city police. Someone tried that crap with me and they were NOT real law enforcement, they would be in a world of hurt.

Hopefully with your attitude adjustment on him he will think twice about pulling that crap next time.

Sometimes people just need to be put back in their place.

What would be fricken hilarious is if the guy tried that crap on an off duty police officer.. now THAT would have been funny
biggrin.gif

I'm thinking with his NY or NJ accent he is one of the leo retiree's down here. Probably works security at walmart now and can't handle the power. Normally I would have just left him in the dust and been done with it, man. But this was getting a little personal. Be honest with both of us and tell me if you would have really made a "citizen's arrest " when that guy almost killed you and your son in the car a while back if you had caught him or if you would have knocked his teeth out first instead. I would have and then when I got out of jail I would have done it again on the way home.

I'm thinking with his NY or NJ accent he is one of the leo retiree's down here. Probably works security at walmart now and can't handle the power. Normally I would have just left him in the dust and been done with it, man. But this was getting a little personal. Be honest with both of us and tell me if you would have really made a "citizen's arrest " when that guy almost killed you and your son in the car a while back if you had caught him or if you would have knocked his teeth out first instead. I would have and then when I got out of jail I would have done it again on the way home.
Honestly... don't know what would have happened if I would have caught the guy.

I was pissed, but When I turned around to see if I could find him the thought was going through my mind about catching the person, reading them the riot act and then calling the police out.

Even though it scared the crap out of me, my initial thought was
the person just was not aware they ran a red light. And while I was pissed at their lack of knowing their surroundings, I was not intent and beating the crap out of them.

However if I were to have caught them and it was some guy and he started giving me attitude and not apologetic about the situation, then yeah. I could have in the heat of the moment lost my cool and commence to pummeling the individual.

I am weird like that, I was rear ended once. Was in a car doing about 10mph and someone slammed into the rear of the car I was in and they were doing about 55 (that was what the police determined by the accident scene)

I got out of the car and was going to kick the crap out of whomever just rear ended us, I opened the door up with my fist cocked back ready to stat pummeling someone.

Unfortunately I saw some old lady slumped over the steering wheel. Just couldn’t bring myself to beating the crap out of her. (she apparently had a heart attack while she was driving and her foot pushed down on the gas pedal which is why she rear ended us in the first place).

So, I don’t know what I would have done if I would have caught person, and I also acknowledge I don’t know what I would have done in your situation. I try not to armchair quarter back much
smile.gif

But yeah, I don’t like it when I think someone is falling me either, if anyone takes the last 3 turns to my house with me I keep driving by and see how far they follow me.

I thought you handled it very well. Give the guy and yourself every chance to avoid a "real" altercation, but when he won't back down, you've got to call his bluff. Especially when your family may be coming into the picture. Frankly, I'm amazed at your restraint leading up to the confrontation.

You should have just removed your helmet, he surely would have turned to stone and then your problem would have been solved, plus you'd get a cool little BMW out of the deal.
biggrin.gif

I'd report it just in case this heats up. Cops do lie, and it would be good to have a paper trail to support your side. I'd say the guy followed you, you stopped to confront, he claimed to be a police officer, you asked for proof, he took off so fast you could catch the license plate number in time.

It doesnt mean crap just a piddly fine and some community service and maybe a few hours in jail waiting for a bond. I had a guy follow me for 15 miles and say the same crap turned his azz in and he really didnt get much.

Thrasher, you should have beat the piss out of that old lady!
biggrin.gif
J/K.
Warbrown, at first I was thinking is this guy going to run me over or gun me down like you read about every day down here, but then I got to the point where he pissed me off and I didn't care.
Kevin....uh, uh...you don't get out much, do you?
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

He was crazy for endangering your life and VERY LUCKY he didn't do it to someone who may have put a cap in his ass for it. I don't know what I would have done except for strongly letting him know what could have happened. No one got hurt, you did good.
Be safe and look out for those crazy aholes out there.

Back