road rage incident

Guess I couldn't really say how I'd react till I was in that situation. But, I do think you handled it very well.
smile.gif

Might sound a lil crazy but I would have had this individual follow me to the local police station and try to see what he would do. Then again that is overkill. Seems to me that you handled it pretty well.

You did what best you could do in your given situation diesel! Relax bro...
biggrin.gif

I would have led him to the local po po....or just pulled over and kicked his azz.

Perfect example of why we all need helmet cams. Cops lie too they are no different from anyone else. Not all mind you but it happens. Nice to be able to provide a copy to the local news channel as well as the local police station just in case they feel like some professional coutesy to there brother.

Diesel, You handled it 100% Grade A Correctly. The Police don't care about anything they don't witness personally. I had a gun pulled and fired at me and was told there was "Nothing they could do since they weren't present" The fact that I had a witness ( co-target ) was irrelevent to them. They only thing I may have done differently was kick the door in....but that's just me, I've Been told I have anger control issues
biggrin.gif

Was he really a COP and should get his plate number or follow him home. You hadled that well I would have taken him on a high speed run LOL!!! out to middle of no were LOL!!! then well we will leave that to imagination, and the 5th Amendment. LOL...

Wow, I can't even imagine someone doing that to me...

You handled it the best you could...circumstances prevent you from doing everything mentioned; you had to think quick on your feet...

Kudos for not letting him follow you home though; that's the kind of stuff I fear...don't need someone passing by your house watching your every move trying to figure out how to "get back" at you.

I'm sure he thought you were some punk kid too...
wink.gif

That guy wasnt a cop. Cops dont go out on their days off looking to "report" someone for passing them. They deal with traffic and pulling people over 12 hours a day and want nothing to do with enforcing the law on their days off.

I don't know of an officer that would indentify himself as one without presenting a badge/ID right then and there, off duty or not.  Most cops wouldn't have presented a situation for you to get up to and into the window as you did either.  That being said, I probably would have done the same thing.  Years ago, I had a woman rear ended me at a stop light.  She knocked my Sportster right out from under me and halfway through the intersection. I landed on her hood and windshield.  She was driving a big red Caddy Eldorado.  I got off the hood of the car and went over to her window.  She said something stupid about moving my bike out of the way.  I pulled my goggles and helmet off..........At that point, she looked really scared and raised the power window.  I grabbed the top of the  window with both hands and forced it back down.  Talk about road rage!!  If it wasn't for several people coming up behind me and pulling me back, there is no telling what I would have done.

<!--EDIT|FL Knifemaker
Reason for Edit: None given...|1112649872 -->

I just don't get what was up this dude's ass. I passed him going pretty fast but nowhere near his car and in no way did I cut him off. At least the freak didn't side-swipe me or run into me. Just look out when you're riding around out there, these people are everywhere.Anyway, he's lucky it was me and not my wife-she WOULD have kicked his ass!

<!--EDIT|diesel
Reason for Edit: None given...|1112650077 -->

LOL. You took his pen... HAHAHAHAHA. Excellent
So...I can picture this guy going home to his wife and explaining this to her, telling her I was in his face yelling, reached in his car and threw his pen across his hood. She's asking him " well...then what did you do?" Uhhh...I sat there in my car.
That's better than an ass-whipping any day.
biggrin.gif

I'm not trying to come off as mr. tough guy, but even if I KNOW I'm getting a beating, I would have to take a little pride as a man and stand up for myself. I think most guys here would, too, ya' know?

LOL. You took his pen... HAHAHAHAHA. Excellent
So...I can picture this guy going home to his wife and explaining this to her, telling her I was in his face yelling, reached in his car and threw his pen across his hood. She's asking him " well...then what did you do?" Uhhh...I sat there in my car.
That's better than an ass-whipping any day.
biggrin.gif

I'm not trying to come off as mr. tough guy, but even if I KNOW I'm getting a beating, I would have to take a little pride as a man and stand up for myself. I think most guys here would, too, ya' know?

Awesome story.

I don't even know what I would have done in that situation...I can only guess.

But what you did, was pretty damned cool.

You put the fear of god into some A$$ and didn't even break the law. You get some points for that...of course I would have given you more points for taking that pen and making him eat it.
smile.gif

Sounds like you handled it pretty well................I might have come unglued a little earlier in the scenario........glad everything turned out the way it did.
smile.gif

I think you're right...........he was expecting a teeny bopper to get off the bike, then he could talk to his parents!!!!
wow.gif
blush.gif

What a maroon!
laugh.gif
Not So! What if this guy had a gun? His age 55! Dead men tell no tales! Yes, you don't lead him to your house, but going to his car in a RAGE wasn't good. He lives to tell the judge " Your honor I'm 55 and he was in a Rage! You are silent!
Please be safe on the road fellas. We live in a crazy time these days.
Just my opinion.

AS LONG AS YOU KNOW HES ALONE AND NOT A WOMAN NOT PAYIN ATTENTION WHILE DRIVING TALKIN ON THE CELL WITH A MINI VAN FULL OF KIDS , IF YOU CHUCK A HAND FULL OF MARBLES OVER YOUR SHOULDER HE SHOULD GET NOFF YOUR ASS PRETTY QUICK !N KINDA LIKE DRIVING INTO A HAIL STORM ! ESPECIALY AT 55MPH HE WOULD NEVER MAHE IT TO YOUR HOUSE ? NOT THAT I RECOMEND DOING THIS BUT AT 1 FOOT OFF YOUR REAR TIRE , I WOULD CONSIDER THAT A THREAT ? YOU PROBABLY COULD HAVE GOT HIM UP TO ABOUT 75 BEFORE YOU CHUCKED THEM . I PERSONALY HAVE NEVER CHUCKED THEM BUT EVERY TIME I HERE A STORY ABOUT THIS TYPE OF SITUATION THAT IS ONE OF THE RESPONSES I GET MARBLES, BALL BEARINGS BB'S PELLETS OVER THE SHOULDER THEY TELL ME IT WORKS ? HOWEVER IF HE TURNED OUT TO BE A COP ? THAT COULD BE BAD !

AS LONG AS YOU KNOW HES ALONE AND NOT A WOMAN NOT PAYIN ATTENTION WHILE DRIVING  TALKIN ON THE CELL WITH A MINI VAN FULL OF KIDS ,  IF YOU CHUCK A HAND FULL OF MARBLES OVER YOUR SHOULDER HE SHOULD GET NOFF YOUR ASS PRETTY  QUICK !N KINDA  LIKE DRIVING  INTO A HAIL STORM !  ESPECIALY AT 55MPH  HE WOULD NEVER MAHE IT TO YOUR HOUSE ?   NOT THAT I RECOMEND DOING THIS  BUT AT 1 FOOT OFF YOUR REAR TIRE , I WOULD CONSIDER THAT A THREAT ?  YOU PROBABLY COULD HAVE GOT HIM UP TO ABOUT 75 BEFORE YOU CHUCKED THEM . I PERSONALY HAVE NEVER CHUCKED THEM  BUT EVERY TIME I HERE A STORY ABOUT THIS TYPE OF SITUATION  THAT IS ONE OF THE RESPONSES I GET  MARBLES, BALL BEARINGS BB'S PELLETS   OVER THE SHOULDER  THEY TELL ME IT WORKS ?  HOWEVER IF HE TURNED OUT TO BE A COP ? THAT COULD BE BAD !
Do you carry marbles in your pocket?
rock.gif

I grabbed the top of the  window with both hands and forced it back down.  Talk about road rage!!  If it wasn't for several people coming up behind me and pulling me back, there is no telling what I would have done.
Ummm, snapped off a piece of the window and cut her throat with it, I'm guessing?...
crazy.gif

Back