Rider down w/ pics

99'busa

Donating Member
Registered
I drove from Indy 1.5 hrs. west to meet Dolilind (Darrell) and his buddy (who also has a busa) to travel another .5 hrs. north to watch some old cars do a hillclimb. On the way to the hillclimb at an intersection of a 4 lane highway w/ a light, we had green light and traveling in formation with darrell 1st, Pete riding 2^ w/ (4mo.pregnant) girlfriend in 2nd, me tailing in 3rd. We were in left lane doing speed limit. We were north bound when an elderly man in the RIGHT lane realizes he is missing his turn (LEFT). He swerves over slamming on brakes right in OUR path. Darrell on his gsxr 600 BARELY had enough time and reaction to swerve left missing the man. Peter locked up both brakes, smoke everywhere SLAMMING INTO THE LEFT BUMPER CNR. OF THE OLD CHRYSLER. He and his girlfriend go flying off bike. I SLAM on both brakes locking up the rear and having to let off w/ just enough time to dodge a bike, Pete, Casandra, and the car still in MY path. I ran over LOTS of busted plastic but avoided the car, Pete, bike, and Casandra.

She and baby so far are okay minus several abrasions and bruises. Pete has abrasions, bruises, and left arm broke in several places. He is in surgery right now.

The bike is an 07'. The neck is broke along the right weld joint all the way down, bent forks, rim bent and split, all plastics toast.

Here are some pics taken with my phone cause I forgot to take my camera:banghead:

2913753578_38626570c8_o.jpg

2912907857_ca7281bf82_o.jpg

2912907631_12f583e087_o.jpg

2912908633_39dc1ae80c_o.jpg

2912907777_ee1b3d0905_o.jpg

2912908423_37f0c21fce_o.jpg

2912907955_d5a648998d_o.jpg

2912908139_4d0e6bbf18_o.jpg

Darrell and I picked the bike up from the tow place with his trailer and took it too Darrell's house for further review and to determine it's future.

The frt. rim was bent over hitting the caliper so of coarse it wouldn't turn:banghead:

2912908267_d279a4aa1c_o.jpg

def. a wake up call to always be ready for other drivers. Not sure if he really could have avoided this one though. Swerve right and hit another car leaving incident YOUR fault or locking up brakes and toasting your bike.:poke:

Oh that sucks, I hate to hear this. It's hard to say we should be thankful that nobody was hurt worse when this should have never happened to begin with. My prayers to all involved and may the healing process be quick with no lasting effects. Keep us updated.

Damn, Im glad no body was seriously injured, And really glad to hear baby is Ok, Damn Cagers

I dont have much, But if your going to try and rebuild the bike I have some stock parts you can have, Let me know

Glad injuries were no more severe than this. Of all the luck. Best to all of you!

Damn, Im glad no body was seriously injured, And really glad to hear baby is Ok, Damn Cagers

I dont have much, But if your going to try and rebuild the bike I have some stock parts you can have, Let me know

he said he has full coverge but it should fall on trhe cages ins. there's probably gonna be some 07 pieces for sale pretty soon.

I'm not a doc. but I would think baby may not be out of the woods yet. I would think they would have kept her if ultrasound showed any stress. IF an ultrasound can even pick up on a disstressed baby in the womb.

All prayers are def. appreciated for this unborn baby.

Back