Captain is down.

Professor

Hayabusa Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Registered
I just got a call from Mrs. Captain. Captain was involved in an accident on his Busa and is on the way to the hospital. She said he will be fine. Lets keep him in our thoughts and prayers.

Im going to head up to the hospital. Will post up in a bit more later.

Rick

7-21-2007 8:30PM
Left him at the hospital about 8:30. He is doing good, they are going to keep him overnight for observation and pain management. He looks pretty rough but no major damage. His helmet saved him. His jacket helped as well. No broken bones, the CT scan looks good. His scapula separated from his sternum on the left side, and some possible muscle damage with his upper left arm. He has multiple small lacerations on the left side of his face. It is going to look like Mrs. Cap dotted both eyes. He had quite a bit of glass in his face and some in his eyes. You can tell he is in pain, but he is still joking with everyone. The eye doctor called in and was there as we were leaving and reported no major abrasions and very near 20-20 vision.

I saw pictures of the scene on an i-phone. Id guess the bike is a loss. Front end and plastic will just about total one anyhow. But bikes can be replaced. He is going to be alright, that is what counts.

He way headed to meet up for a ride with a group from his church. His father was following on his Goldwing and carrying Caps oldest son as a passenger. From what I gather Cap was in the left lane about 4-6 lengths in front of his dad running about 45mph. There was a car in the right lane making a right turn. The pickup pulled in front of him from the right across the lane. It looks like the pickup either was going across or was turning left onto the 4-lane and the right turning car blocked both his and Caps view until it was too late. Cap hit the truck in the drivers side door straight up. His dad said it looked like he was still holding the bars as his legs went over his head and he hit the truck. He thought the glass was from the mirror. It looks like the visor came off in the initial impact allowing glass into helmet. The jacket helped as well. His dad related how just before the ride he was cleaning and polishing the busa and it looked great. Doug grabbed his jacket and said, it is hot out but I better go ahead and wear this. Glad he chose to.

UPDATE 2
Cap is home his post

Last edited by a moderator:
prayers sent...let us know what he needs

i'm at GSXTacy and Spoiled Busa's's right now with GSXcite and RebelBusa...they all send their prayers and condolences

Glad to hear he'll be alright...hopefully only time is all that will be needed to heal up well. Prayers sent to The Man.

hope its just a minor thing...my prayers are with ya, cap'n....do keep us posted fellow busaneers....

Update Update Update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Professor is at the hospital with Doug. He is joking and alert, that's Doug. He is xray right now, possible arm and/or shoulder injuries, not life threatening. Sounds like the bike is toast, but Doug is going to be fine.

A truck pulled out in front him and he t-boned at approx 45mph.

Professor and wife are at hospital w/Doug and wife. Prof will call me with an update after xray and I will get it posted.

Don

Thoughts and prayers for you Doug.

If there is anything I can do let me know.

Keep us up to date. I will check in from time to time from the Black Hills

Get well soon, Cap.

My heart is with you.

--Wag--

Wow, this is a post I never expexted...........Shows it can happen to any of us.

Best wishes Doug, and here's
beerchug.gif
to a speedy recovery. As usual, if there's anything us as a board can do to help........parts.......$$$...........Just let us Know.

Prayers said for you and your family.

Back