Rest in Peace Whitney Houston

I'm not saying from a physical aspect, but more of a mental one. Once you cross the rubicon, makes it easier in your mind to say, "Hey, I'll try that one, too" with the expected results. Maybe plenty of people haven't, but how many of those who are addicted to 'heavy' drugs did start with something 'lighter'?....close to 100%?
I would venture to say just about everyone addicted to crack, meth, herion, etc.... started out with alcohol LONG before they smoked any weed so I dont see the nexus at all.

I drank alcohol when I was younger just as hundreds of millions of others around the world did and still do do this day but that doesnt mean its a gateway to heavier drugs. in fact, there are many that have drank alcohol and never smoked weed. chit, I dont even drink and havent since I was about 19 yrs. old and have never even tried marijuana.

people become addicted to heavy drugs because they chose to try them and like the way they make them feel. and I would say 100% of those people know dam well the risks associated with using heavy drugs and how addicting and damaging they are to their bodies. but they CHOSE to anyway. thats there choice so I just dont buy into the notion "Hey, I'll try that one, too". there is just no historical or scientific evidence to support that claim.

maybe 50 or 60 years ago when the general public knew very little about the ill effects hard drugs could have on them I could maybe see your point but everyone today who engages in hard drugs is well aware of the consequences they will have on their mind, body and soul and yet still CHOSE to use them.

It is sad for sure and she was a great singer but the life she chose with BB was her downfall. She never recovered from her addiction and it cost her, her life. I have never done any drugs but I have seen so many people strung out on them. To get off of them takes a lot of work but the first thing is you have to want to quit yourself. I really don't believe she had any desire to. JMO May she RIP

I would venture to say just about everyone addicted to crack, meth, herion, etc.... started out with alcohol LONG before they smoked any weed so I dont see the nexus at all.

I drank alcohol when I was younger just as hundreds of millions of others around the world did and still do do this day but that doesnt mean its a gateway to heavier drugs. in fact, there are many that have drank alcohol and never smoked weed. chit, I dont even drink and havent since I was about 19 yrs. old and have never even tried marijuana.

people become addicted to heavy drugs because they chose to try them and like the way they make them feel. and I would say 100% of those people know dam well the risks associated with using heavy drugs and how addicting and damaging they are to their bodies. but they CHOSE to anyway. thats there choice so I just dont buy into the notion "Hey, I'll try that one, too". there is just no historical or scientific evidence to support that claim.

maybe 50 or 60 years ago when the general public knew very little about the ill effects hard drugs could have on them I could maybe see your point but everyone today who engages in hard drugs is well aware of the consequences they will have on their mind, body and soul and yet still CHOSE to use them.

I guess I should have been more specific. Alcohol is legal. Marijuana is not (at least so far). 'Crossing the Rubicon' means going from something legal to something illegal. Many people drink (and yes, the effects on some are as bad as hard drugs - the die hard DUI"s for instance), and yet do not cross the line into something illegal. But, once you cross that line, it's so easy to go deeper down into the rabbit hole....

I guess I should have been more specific. Alcohol is legal. Marijuana is not (at least so far).
doesnt seem to stop anyone from trying each tho does it? lol

legal or illegal citizens of this country will try Marijuana or any other drug at the drop of a hat. can be had anywhere and hardly plays a role in their decision to try opiates or stimulants. Marijuana where I work is now an infraction if under a half ounce. Connecticut Legislature Passes Marijuana Decriminalization Bill | Cannabis Culture Magazine

im sure there are some people that have tried weed and decided to make the jump to something harder. but, the majority have not nor ever will. again, unless you were born and raised on a deserted island EVERYONE knows the ill effects of hard drugs and assumes the risk because of the thrill or deseire to feel even better then alcohol or weed makes them feel usually. but there r plenty that have gone right to herion and bypassed alcohol and weed. some dont care for the taste of alcohol or the smell of weed.

people who drink beer dont necessarily feel the need to drink whiskey just because its stronger and both are legal. some do but most simply dont and are happy with the buzz they get from beer which tastes better to most. opiates make most very sick the first time they use them. different strokes 4 differnt folks.

heroin is highly addictive but no where near as addictive as meth.

sorry if i don't care. :hide:

whitneywho.jpg

I always wonder why this happens to Celebrities, all the time.

Do they have to get high, to be at their best?

Is it the money?

Why?

I feel more sorry for Bobby Brown because everyone is going to try to blame her down fall and death on him. The truth is she chose to use, get addictied and eventually paid the ultimate price.

Just because someone in your life uses, doesn't mean you have to.:rulez:

There is a big difference between use and abuse. I've known lots of folks who did all kinds of drugs and still pulled in really good money. And I've known folks to throw it all away. Each person is different.

There is a big difference between use and abuse. I've known lots of folks who did all kinds of drugs and still pulled in really good money. And I've known folks to throw it all away. Each person is different.

Coke, heroin, crack, meth, no difference between use and abuse in my book.

Coke, heroin, crack, meth, no difference between use and abuse in my book.
There are prescription drugs that are far too over-prescribed that are worse for you than all of them. Are people exempt from your labels because they have a dr's note?

I always wonder why this happens to Celebrities, all the time.

Do they have to get high, to be at their best?

Is it the money?

Why?
I'm sitting here watching all her videos being played on VH1CR and the video for "I will always love you" came on. That woman was hurting even then. You can't fake the emotion etched on her face. It occurs to me that the best performers have deep inner pain that they tap into in order to reach our souls. Think of your favorite song, (any song, not just Whitney) most of us connect to a performance because we can see/hear the genuine emotion in the artist. I think that in some cases those same demons (not in the religious, exorcist sense) that cause the pain gain control of the individual.

prescription drugs are abused far more then illicit street drugs these days. far more! the goverment should demand that the pharmaceutical companies exercise more control of their supply lines? they are one of the most profitable industries in the entire world. powerful lobbyists would prevent that from taking place tho.

Back