My Mom Passed Away

05 Busa LE

Donating Member
Registered
I wasn't going to mention it, but everyone here seems like an extended family.

My Mom, God rest her soul, passed away two years ago today, which was Palm Sunday. I gave part of her eulogy, and thought it was appropriate to point out the two things that I said about her: first, she respected all people and all things, and taught us that valuable lesson. Second, I didn't want to be there when she passed away, but I was there with my sister (who spent every hour of every day with her after she was diagnosed with incurable pancreatic cancer), holding her hand and praying as she took her last, peaceful breath. I think God wanted me to be there, so that I could understand that she didn't suffer, but passed peacefully into His hands.

She passed away at 75, and although she loved her three children dearly for 47 of those years, she never shed a tear when she found out that her disease was incurable. She accepted that it was her time.

I've been upset for the past few days, but last night I awoke at 1:15 a.m., which was 30 minutes after she passed away 2 years ago, and felt a calm come over me, as if she was telling me that it's ok, and that she's at peace.

I'm off to a noon Mass to say a prayer for her. But I wanted all of my friends to know that you need to cherish every day you have here, and to start, like my Mom did, by respecting everyone and everything on this Earth. Maybe then you'll live--and pass--in peace.

Thanks for listening.

1_Saint_Rita.jpg

Respect - hard to beat a message like that. Thanks for the insight...

Beautiful testament to your Mom and how much you miss and love her...

You're in my thoughts today...

Thanks for sharing with us! Sorry about your Mom. Sounds like a great woman and Mom! Thoughts and prayers to you and your family and you MOM. I am sure she is in Heaven looking down on you right now!

I'm not good at these sort or messages but I mean the best for you

(VaBusa @ Mar. 20 2007,11:25) Beautiful testament to your Mom and how much you miss and love her...

You're in my thoughts today...
Exactly... sorry for the loss of your Mom~
sad.gif

you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers today.

God Bless your family.

Brian

I know that pain is hard.  God bless you & your family.  Your mom is keeping an eye on you and the rest of your family.  Be strong

Sorry for your loss, and Prayers sent for you and yours.

You are a good son. Keep her alive in how you speak about her. I often talk about my mom, it helps me to remember just how awsome of a person she was while on this earth.
Prayers for her and all the faithfully departed...

Lost my mom a year ago in April to pancreatic cancer at 78. I am sorry for the loss of your mother and I am sorry we have to share this common bond, but she will always be with you in all that you say and do.

(dmrowe @ Mar. 20 2007,14:31) Lost my mom a year ago in April to pancreatic cancer at 78. I am sorry for the loss of your mother and I am sorry we have to share this common bond, but she will always be with you in all that you say and do.
sad.gif
So sorry to hear about your Mom as well
sad.gif

If there's one thing I learned when we lost my step-dad nearly 2 years ago to cancer, it was that as hard and scary as it was for me to try to be there when he passed (I was trying to help my Mom through it, help my 3 step-sisters), I was very much surprised and relieved to see him go so peacefully. I left that experience with a comforting feeling. We should all be fortunate to go in the same way. I'm glad that others have experienced that as well...it is somehow consoling and keeping the spirit of those we've lost alive is always a good thing...

sad.gif

Sorry to hear about your lost , I too lost my mother to pancreatic cancer two yrs ago in January . I never have forgot that she told me there will be days of uncertainty like you wont know which way to go then is when God will guide your steps .............there aint a day that goes by I dont think about her !!!!!!!!!

" they say the healing actually starts when what used to make you cry makes you laugh tears of joy ......."

stay strong cause you know tha was the way she wanted it

Thanks again, to everyone.

And dmrowe, KYBUSA, and Michelle, I'm sorry to hear of your losses, too. Prayers sent for your Moms and your Step-Dad. I know how hard it can be.

Thank you for the message. The positive way you're handling this, one of life's trajedies, is a great lesson for all of us
beerchug.gif

I hope you overcome your misfortune! I'm very close to my mom and CAN NOT imagine losing her! She's still going strong at 47! And i'm 16.

I DID lose my dad last march, about this time in fact! I remember it was about spring break in school when we lost him. He was a trucker and died of a heart-attack when he was over the road. He'd pulled over and a passer-by found him slumped over the wheel. He must have known ahead of time to pull over. I'm glad he pulled over and didn't allow any other families to experience the tragedy of losing someone like we lost him!

You are in my thought bro!
bowdown.gif

My thoughts are with you! Hold onto your memories and cherish them all.

Lost my mother suddenly in Feb 2000. Aortic Aneurysm. I talked with her 4 hours before she died. It was the day of my parents anniversary and the next day was her birthday.

Back