My Mum has passed away.

newman

Registered
As some of you might know my Mum has been unwell and was moved into a care home.
She had to go in to hospital the Friday before last because she was dehydrated and she wouldn't eat.

On Monday she had a stroke but she still recognised us.
On Thursday when we visited she had gone for a full body scan.
And Friday the Hospital phoned and said she had a brain tumour and she didn't have long left.

And sadly she passed away at 11.55pm yesterday.

I just feel numb.
She passed away very peacefully just went to sleep, not in any pain.

My son his girlfriend and my grandson came from Iceland for a holiday on Friday and my grandson who is ten months old just wanted to sit on the bed with her and stroke her hands.
He said Nana a couple of times.

Don't really know what to say now so I'll just sign off.

Dave.

Dave,
I am sorry for your loss. My thoughts go out to you and yours.

Oh Dave, I'm so incredibly sorry to read this news. :down:

I was thinking about your Mom just last week and almost sent you a PM checking in. She's not suffering; I know that never removes the pain of her being gone, but it's a tiny blessing considering how long she might have lingered in that condition and that's so hard to watch someone you love go through. She'd already been through a lot.

My heart goes out to you. Big hugs from Virginia!

Michelle

Last edited:
Prayers to You and Your family . Sorry for your loss . Hang in there , things seem tough now but they will get better . Went thru the same thing with My Mom and Dad also . 1 day at a time . You have the Org that will help you get thru things .

thats terrible dave...im so sorry for the loss of your mom. We all love our moms and when god see fit to bring them home it is a terrible sinking feeling. I am sure she led a full complete fullfilled life! If nothing else you are a testament to her legacy!

Absolutely terrible, Dave! My thoughts go out to you and your family.

Mom is with God now and will forever be watching over you. He decided to end her suffering.
She had a long happy life and will forever be in your heart and mind. Losing a loved one is not easy at all.
The pain you feel now is natural and will subside. Here if you need anything.

Very sorry to hear, Prayers sent for you and your family.

Back