My Wife's Sister Passed Away Today

Poppy

Donating Member
Registered
My wife's sister, Linda, passed away today. She had recently been undergoing treatment for leukemia with philadelphia chromosome. After stem cell transplant, marrow, massive chemo, she was in remission but started having major problems with the meds.....heart capacity and blood pressure issues, kidney failure(dialysis), some liver problems. She made it to a physical rehab facility but had to be transfered back to ICU. While in a medically induced coma/respirator, she suffered as massive stroke and had cerebral bleeding, one pupil not responding, the other was oval and non-symetrical.

My wife, Terri, was the youngest of three girls and the oldest, Judy, was already there in San Diego, my wife had just returned to Florida 2 weeks ago after Linda went to rehab. After a conference call Monday night with the Doctors, Social Worker, Big Sis, and their Aunt in Memphis(M.D.), it was decided she had a 4% chance of survival and that they would keep her comfy until my wife got back there. Well, she was on a plane this morning from Florida at 4am heading to San Diego, got to Scripps Green Hospital in La Jolla, CA at 10am local time. After all the orders were written.....the staff cleaned Linda up, the sisters spent time alone with her, all of the equipment was removed at approximately 5:10pm local time and she passed away at 5:23pm, no struggles. Unfortunately I was unable to travel with her as we have temporary guardianship of three grandaughters and we are not able to leave them with just anyone, per DCF regulations.

I am asking that those who care to, please keep my wife and her sisters in your prayers and thoughts and to remember to enjoy life and live like today may be the last day! Peace!

Thanks everyone for your kind words! It will mean a lot to her! I forgot to mention her sister was only 55 years old. That's young now days!!!

Prayers to you and you wife, Poppy. She is no longer in pain. There is a reason for everything. Maybe one day we will understand.

Sounds like a difficulet situation. Prayers sent for all of you.

Very sorry to hear this. My thoughts are with her friends and family.
RIP Linda

I'm so sorry to hear this :down: Thoughts and prayers to Linda's family and friends

Back