BISCUITS WANTED FOR ATTEMPTED MURDER (the actual A

GIXERHP

ok, ok...just a wee bit Irish...
Donating Member
Registered
(the actual AP headline)

True Story!
Only in California !!!!

Linda Burnett, 23, a resident of San Diego , was visiting her in-laws, and while there she went to a nearby supermarket to pick up some groceries. Several people noticed her sitting in her car with the windows rolled up and with her eyes closed, with both hands behind the back of her head.

One customer who had been at the store for a while became concerned and walked over to the car. He noticed that Linda's eyes were now open, and she looked very strange. He asked her if she was okay, and Linda replied that she'd been shot in the back of the head, and had been holding her brains in for over an hour.

The man called the paramedics, who broke into the car because the doors were locked and Linda refused to remove her hands from her head. When they finally got in, they found that Linda had a wad of bread dough on the back of her head.

A Pillsbury biscuit canister had exploded from the heat, making a loud noise that sounded like a gunshot, and the wad of dough hit her in the back of her head. When she reached back to find out what it was, she felt the dough and thought it was her brains. She initially passed out, but quickly recovered and tried to hold her brains in for over an hour until someone noticed and came to her aid.

Linda is a blonde and a Democrat, but I'm sure that's irrelevant.

jump9.gif
lol

why do I fall for these threads......... WTF? open the thread and by the end of the first or second word you already remember the thing from when the dirt under your feet was rock...

Myth Busters busted that one a long time ago.
mythbusters is not always on key...

they "disproved" the exploding lighter in the car myth... to bad for them as it does happen

I had a customer bust my chops over their Toyota Supra on this..

The shop was in Scottsdale AZ and they dropped the car Thursday for Friday work.. As I had their CC number of file, they picked the car up Sunday afternoon (or went to)..

Monday morning they were waiting for me when I showed up to open the doors.. They were really distressed that I would break their console and not fix it before they picked it up..

I was like Huh?? we went over to the car and sure enough, the lid was blown off the console (hinges and half the box) and there was crap everywhere.. We started poking around inside the car and found 1/4" strips of plastic shrapnel on the dash and rear window deck.. (was the remnants of a bic lighter)

Apparently the temp inside the car got to the point where the bic lighter just went bang... no flames just a pressure explosion..

Myth Busters busted that one a long time ago.
mythbusters is not always on key...

they "disproved" the exploding lighter in the car myth...  to bad for them as it does happen

I had a customer bust my chops over their Toyota Supra on this..

The shop was in Scottsdale AZ and they dropped the car Thursday for Friday work..  As I had their CC number of file, they picked the car up Sunday afternoon (or went to)..

Monday morning they were waiting for me when I showed up to open the doors..  They were really distressed that  I would break their console and not fix it before they picked it up..

I was like Huh??    we went over to the car and sure enough, the lid was blown off the console (hinges and half the box) and there was crap everywhere..    We started poking around inside the car and found 1/4" strips of plastic shrapnel on the dash and rear window deck.. (was the remnants of a bic lighter)  

Apparently the temp inside the car got to the point where the bic lighter just went bang...  no flames just a pressure explosion..
Yep... back when i smoked, i had a lighter blow up in my car once too. I was trying to find it and just figured i lost it. About a week later i started finding all these little pieces of plastic and then finally the top part of the lighter with the flint wheel. Then i realized it blew up. It had been under the e-brake in the little tray.

Back