Rest in Peace Whitney Houston

wat a shame. she was probably in some hotel room getting high and OD'd....:whistle:

she went from being a role model to all teenage girls and upcoming singers like Maria Carey to smoking crack and sucking down pills to become a junkie. I feel sorry for her her kids. not her. RIP

this breaks my heart...she was one of my favorite singers. Money certainly wont buy you happiness. Neither does drugs. this is a crying shame.

The way she sang the song (I will always love you ) in the movie the body guard , gives me the chills every time.:please:

What a dang shame; such a talent totally wasted I hope she finds the peace she could not seem to in this life.

New Poster child for "DON'T EVER DO DRUGS". This might be a teaching moment for some of you with teenage kids..I dont' intend to skip this opportuntity with mine.

And people want to legalize weed...that's where Whitney started....

The moment I tell myself I don't feel sorry for her because of her lifestyle I remind myself that I still listen to and love music from many others who went down same path. So it is sad and I'm sorry she's gone same as Jimi and Jim.

wat a shame. she was probably in some hotel room getting high and OD'd....:whistle:

Yep, pretty sure the toxicology results will state the obvious.

What a huge loss to all who love music. Abusing relatively mild intoxicants like weed and alcohol is bad enough, but Whitney was into the very, very, VERY hard synthetic chemicals. What a bummer.

RIP, Whitney.

apparently she was pulled from her bath tub where she either drowned from either taking too many prescription pills and passing out or she overdosed and died. my money is on Xanax and that she passed out as a result and simply drowned.

either way it appears that drugs likely ended her life.

based on her past interviews with people like Diane Sawyer where she stated "Crack is whack" and we make too much money to smoke crack id say that's a drug addict in denial. basically saying that straight coke was their drug of choice and they were too rich and high class to use a street drug like crack.

its a pretty commonly known fact that she also smoked lots of crack and was in rehab on more then one occassion for crack use. I dont think her death will come as much of a surprise to those her knew her personally.

I would disagree that marijuana is a gate-way to heavier drugs like cocaine, heroin, meth, etc.... tho. millions of people have smoked marijuana and still do and have never made the jump to heavy opiates or the like. there is just no scientific evidence to support that notion.

in fact, nicotine is a more addictive drug then anything found in marijuana and you dont see people craving hard drugs simply because they smoke cigarettes. people like Whitney Houston used illegal hard drugs and abused prescription drugs because they CHOSE to.

Best National Anthem Singer I ever heard.

Its a shame but she made her own choices, Probably with a little help from Bobbie Brown.

Sad indeed :( RIP

Remember hearing that that perfect squeaky clean teen sensation was just a Clive Davis make-over for commercial gloss. That deep down she was your regular ride or die chick from the hood so she and Bobby clicked. Still, wrong personal choices and it's sad. She had an amazing voice and God-given talent and it was sad to see her career derail due to her personal choices and issues. She remains one of my favorite singers. I still have her 1985 debut album on 12inch vinyl. Prayers to her family and loved ones for strength and peace :(
I agree 100%

What a huge loss for the music and the world in general for all she had given,but her memory and music will live on for ever.It was nice to see the Grammy's say a prayer for her.

Another star bites the dust. The coverage about her is insane and getting old. I am sorry she's gone, but she likely made the bed she's lying in now, just as so many before her did using and abusing drugs. She'll just be one more example I tell my sons about in every effort to get them to stay away from drugs.

I would disagree that marijuana is a gate-way to heavier drugs like cocaine, heroin, meth, etc.... tho. millions of people have smoked marijuana and still do and have never made the jump to heavy opiates or the like. there is just no scientific evidence to support that notion.

I'm not saying from a physical aspect, but more of a mental one. Once you cross the rubicon, makes it easier in your mind to say, "Hey, I'll try that one, too" with the expected results. Maybe plenty of people haven't, but how many of those who are addicted to 'heavy' drugs did start with something 'lighter'?....close to 100%? Makes better sense to never take the chance, don't it? A lot easier to exercise your will and stay NO from the get-go...

One of the states did a powerful advertising campaign against meth a year or two ago...wish I could find the link...was pretty frightening...

There simply isn't any evidence showing pot as a "gateway drug" as some people claim. It's less addictive (physically and psychologically) than caffeine, nicotine and alcohol which are all readily available. Hell caffeine isn't even regulated. Pot is illegal simply because big pharma has a powerful lobby.
Note, I'm not a "scientist" and I don't have a PHD in cognitive brain psychology with an emphasis on chemical effects, but I wake up every morning with someone that does....:laugh:

One of the states did a powerful advertising campaign against meth a year or two ago...wish I could find the link...was pretty frightening...
Like this?
bacddb9ac2d0e4e90a85f6115f866a761.jpg

Or this?
meth-lipstick-gr.jpg

Back