Rear end Cans not straight

busabutter

Registered
Did the 500 mile under 5500 so I decided to open her up a little.  WOW.  I can't wait till its completely broken in.  Waiting on my cans to install so I was lookin around and noticed that my stock left can is angled further out than my right.  Is this normal, does it have anything to do with the chain on that side or what?
race.gif

race.gif

race.gif

race.gif

race.gif

Here is a look at my 2k2, dont mind the tire, did a smoke show with it... it'll give you a basic idea

IM001311.jpg

Its normal, havent seen a stock busa with even cans!!!

ya that always weirded me out too. Advanced as the bike is it's weird the exhausts are mis-aligned..then again maybe it's some fantastic performance advantage along with the rest of the busa's bizarre looks.

for swing arn clearance
there is a spacer on mine comes with the exhaust

dscf1501.jpg

the angle of the cans is actually controlled by the TRE and adjusts the aerodynamics for making those left-handed turns on the racetrack
laugh.gif

j/k...your bike is normal

if you loosen the mid pipes by the belly wing , dis connect the cans where they attach to the pas pegs , you can rotate the pipes and push them a bit enough to gat the mufler brackets to the inside of the pas pegs then bo;t and tighten everything back up , itll clean up the back end a bit and you should be able to get the cans just about perfect . i think jinkster had a post with a walkthrough ,, i messed with it when i installed my bolt ons ihad never realy looked at the exhaust before till i tried to alighn the aftermarket cans i wa realy happy with the result , narrows up the bike a bunch!

if you do the tucked exhaust increase the rear pre load on the shock.

the can will rub the frame when rideing 2 up, if you hitt a big bump.

Back