My vortex sliders look funky

I pmmed Gunny to ask for advice. I will be installing my sliders tonight.
gs - please post pics when u do!
When u lay that drill bit on yer plastics yer gonna cringe a little.
Then when yer done you'll say : " and to think .......... I hesitated." heh heh
tounge.gif
I am drilling a small hole and then going at the rest with a dremel tool.

Used a protractor to draw a neat round circle.

Going to drill a small hole at the center (just big enough to admit the dremel tool)

Using the dremel tool to work away at the material until I hit the circle.

Use auto beading to encircle the hole (looks better that way). Already sprayed the beading red to match my fairing color.

I hope it works according to plan...we'll find out soon enough. Received my Scorpio alarm so I dont know which one I want to install first
smile.gif
gs - did the install go okay?

I have the same sliders on my bike but my metal base is not outside of the plastic and I have the longer bolt on the right side not the left because I called Vortex tech support with the same question when I got mine and they said the long bolt goes on the RIGHT side of the motor. I think he has them on backwards.

I have the same sliders on my bike but my metal base is not outside of the plastic and I have the longer bolt on the right side not the left because I called Vortex tech support with the same question when I got mine and they said the long bolt goes on the RIGHT side of the motor. I think he has them on backwards.
Who has them on backwards?

Post pics.

I don't recall seeing a Busa w/ Vortex sliders installed and the base of the slider was completely "inside" of the fairing.

Maybe you have a different Vortex slider. You may have the Alpha release.

<!--EDIT|BiG-T
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150304352 -->

Lemme say that better. I know you should SEE the base of the slider you can on mine to but in one of those pics I was looking at unless I was seeing it wrong it looked like the plastic of the fairing was almost BEHIND the metal base. And it looked the the longer base was on the left side. Here is what mine looked like when I was done. Maybe I just saw it wrong.

View attachment Look_at_the_Shine.jpg

Lemme say that better.

...edited by BiG-T...

...in one of those pics I was looking at unless I was seeing it wrong it looked like the plastic of the fairing was almost BEHIND the metal base...

...edited by BiG-T...
Your vision is accurate. The holes that were drilled for Gunny's are smaller in diameter than yours and mine.

Gunny,
Any way to tell if your install has spacers behind the bases? I think it must since they are both on the outside of the plastic.
If it does have spacers then the bolts must be longer, too. Thanks
cool.gif

I really need to know that bolt thread size..................................

Gunny,
Any way to tell if your install has spacers behind the bases? I think it must since they are both on the outside of the plastic.
If it does have spacers then the bolts must be longer, too. Thanks
cool.gif

I really need to know that bolt thread size..................................
Going to do an oil change tonight so I'll take some pic's for ya.

I put spacers behind the left (?) side to even them out....pics

P5210004.jpg

P5210003.jpg

P5210009.jpg

Yeah, after you make sure they're not on backward
laugh.gif
Okay it looks like I am gonna have to put up an example of why I thought he had the sides switched around since some people would like to just assume I am retarded. Okay so this is what I am gonna do here. Since GunnyBusa and myself have the exact same sliders I am gonna post his pics up here of the left side of his bike and then the left and right side of MY bike. NOW on his left side the base is clearly sticking a lot farther out than mine which is why I was thinking that he used the longer bolt on the left side instead of the right side hence why I thought they were "backwards". If we have the exact same sliders I don't know why there would be a difference here? I had never seen anyone use spacers like this before. But here are the pics so its understandable......
Starting with MY right side.......

My_left_Slider.jpg

laugh.gif
Okay it looks like I am gonna have to put up an example of why I thought he had the sides  switched around since some people would like to just assume I am retarded. Okay so this is what I am gonna do here. Since GunnyBusa and myself have the exact same sliders I am gonna post his pics up here of the left side of his bike and then the left and right side of MY bike. NOW on his left side the base is clearly sticking a lot farther out than mine  which is why I was thinking that he used the longer bolt on the left side instead of the right side hence why I thought they were "backwards". If we have the exact same sliders I don't know why there would be a difference here? I had never seen anyone use spacers like this before. But here are the pics so its understandable......
God now I am getting crap mixed around. This is obviously a shot of my LEFT side I mistyped there sorry.

laugh.gif
Okay it looks like I am gonna have to put up an example of why I thought he had the sides  switched around since some people would like to just assume I am retarded. Okay so this is what I am gonna do here. Since GunnyBusa and myself have the exact same sliders I am gonna post his pics up here of the left side of his bike and then the left and right side of MY bike. NOW on his left side the base is clearly sticking a lot farther out than mine  which is why I was thinking that he used the longer bolt on the left side instead of the right side hence why I thought they were "backwards". If we have the exact same sliders I don't know why there would be a difference here? I had never seen anyone use spacers like this before. But here are the pics so its understandable......
God now I am getting crap mixed around. This is obviously a shot of my LEFT side I mistyped there sorry.
Haha Ill take pics and post them here when i get done 69.

Um yes,

My sliders look funky.

They are NOT on backwards. The bolt lengths are different, yes. The slider bases are exactly the same. Even if you did use the wrong bolt on the wrong side, it would look exactly the same (one side would be thread shy, the other wouldn't tighten due to bottoming out). The slider bases are the problem, not the bolts.

Here's what they look like...........................................................
smile.gif

This is the left side.
The slider base is just barely peeking out through the plastic.

Dsc00484.jpg

Back